IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm

It is an unpleasant news who booked the revolver with full amount. Because at the time of delivery, they have to pay the extra increased amount by Demand Draft. According to vjha55, they will get the same old revolver though they booked the revolver with full consideration amount.

Lawman

For Advertising mail webmaster
vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Look it is like this--------- any booking now will be with new price, for which collection date will be after 1st april. Booking done already will not be affected by this hike.
Regards
VJha 8)

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Lawman";p="36334 wrote: Is it a MK-III ? Don't know. http://fieldgunindia.gov.in/32rev.htm

Lawman
According to the web page it is a MK I :roll: !!!!!!!!!!

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:27 am

I have mailed to FGK, Kanpur regarding the MK-III revolver and the reply from them is as follows:

With reference to your E_mail dt. 28.03.08 requisite information about our product .32 Revolver is as :

(1) Make :- .32 Revolver (Mark-II)

(2) Current Price :- Rs. 75,930 (nett) (through Bank Draft in facour of General Manager,
Field Gun Factory, payable at Kanpur (UP)

(3) Delivery period :- After deposition of full amount it will take one & half month approx.

(4) Advertisement of new revolver with side opening/swing-out cylinder feature with laser light :- In R&D process.

for GENERAL MANAGER
FIELD GUN FACTORY, KANPUR
Web- http://fieldgunindia.gov.in

Lawman

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi,
Imported ammo is available in the Mkt right now I think the MAG TECK (brazil) ammo if fresh is good but don't go for LAPUA (WADCUTTER) ammo as if the allingment (Timing) of the chamber of your revolver differs then the lead will some times strikes on the side edge of the revolver in between the gap of the chamber & the barrel resulting injuries to the perople standing beside you even to your eyes, face or hand. I have on 5 or 6 such occasions have heard people discussing about the problems faced by firing WADCUTTER ammos.

Hock ann.

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by mashh1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Hock this is called Lead shaving and it is due to The cylinder lock up is late and the chamber is not aligned with the forcing cone so bullet got shaved from side. AFAIK All revolvers, even new, shave a bit of lead. but this is not associated with any specific type of bullet and if a revolver is out of timing it will shave even jacketed bullets, while you have mentioned that it is observed with Wad cutters only. got the timing of your revolver fixed and then would you please tell that it still do so with wadcutters.
regards

indian71
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by indian71 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:29 pm

i want to purchase .32 revolver i had a lience what is preasnt cost of iof .32 revolver

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:32 am

Mack The Knife: By replacing it with a barrel that is actually rifled. Cheers.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:01 am

If a .32 S&W caliber revolver were to lose accuracy after firing 150 rounds, I'd ckeck the bore. If the barrels indeed have the machining marks described, that many rounds would be more than enough to cause leading of the barrel, with accuracy going to hell.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 am

TwoRivers";p="42763 wrote:Mack The Knife: By replacing it with a barrel that is actually rifled. Cheers.
Unfortunately, that is not what they did. I happened to see this particular revolver and its bore at the range.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:20 am

Mack The Knife: The plot thickens. A revolver with unrifled bore was received, and then repaired within two to three hours? With a regular production line you certainly wouldn't want to stop the line and put that barrel back through the rifling process, interrupting the production. For one thing, clamping would mar the finish. From the de.scription of the bore condition of other IOF revolvers I think we can rule out a button rifling process. Hammer-forged rifling is not possible with the non-symmetrical shape of the barrel. Which leaves cut rifling, either by single cutter, or by broach. But broach rifling cannot be done by hand, requiring powerful machinery. Broach rifling cuts all the grooves to full depth with a single pass of the tool, and is quick. Disassembling the gun, setting up and single-cut rifling the barrel, then re-assembling in less than three hours, would pretty much mean the guy is sitting there waiting for this job. All in all, pretty remarkable turnaround. And you guys keep bashing them! Really curious now. Cheers.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:34 pm

TwoRivers,

I will get the owner to put up a pic of the rifling. From what I recall it looked very unusual - unevenly spaced, if I recall correctly.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:56 pm

Rusty
If the revolver is under warranty,it can be sent back to Kanpur for a replacement
if not that atleast they can replace just the barrel.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Sanjay

The revolver is only a few months old but I don't think 'opensight' could be bothered with going through the hassle. He is a surgeon and does not have much free time.

He did ask for a replacement at the factory itself but was refused point blank.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 pm

That would be interesting, to see what the inside of that barrel looks like. Cheers.