Air Guns from Dubai

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shahid

Air Guns from Dubai

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:56 pm

A number of IFG members have sent PMs to be regarding import of Air Guns from the UAE ( Dubai )

It is not possible to reply to all individually and anyway since the information is for the benefit of all here's a few points.

Air Rifles from Diana, Weirauch, BSA, GAMO, Cometa, Webley Scott and a few other makers, including chinese makes are available in Dubai.

There is no service with any dealer to send you this to India by courier.

Air Rifle scopes are available mainly from Gamo, Diana or Bushnell. Only rated scopes should be used on Air Rifles.

On my part to help IFG members, I can buy and courier Air Rifles to them, provided full cost of Air Rifle and postage is paid here / sent here inclusive of Bank charges in advance.

I bear no responsibility of damage in transit, although all care will be taken nor what happens with customes at the other end, in India.

The rules are unclear to me whether or not District / State / national rifle association membership is a must or not, whether only .177 is allowed and these rules are also unclear to most custom officials as of date.

Every case is unique from proving the lethal grade of the Air rifle to ACP by firing on planks of wood to / or whatever from the local police to god knows what all.

These days Diana 35 costs close to Dhs. 900 or Rs. 9,300 odd.

A good scope costs DHs. 300 to 350.

Individual model prices can be put when asked. I will have ask the dealer.

Al Sayad
Captain Stores
Al Mostawafi

are the leading dealers of Air Rifles.

With my sign in I cannot make this to a sticky post but if some moderator wishes to - please do so.

For periodic shooting opportunities while in Dubai, trips can be viewed on my website and forum www.dubaidesertclub.com

For Advertising mail webmaster
rosariowinifred
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Air Guns from Dubai

Post by rosariowinifred » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Dear shahid.....

Its really great to see that thread from you. i would like to appreciate you for the effort that you ready to take to help fellow shooters who share the same kind of passion as you do. i myself cant go for one now. but what you trying to do deserves a pat on your back.

cheers to shahid :D , for the attitude to help others.

Thanks
Rosario

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Shahid
thanks for the reply and valuable information.

cheers
striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Zafar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Zafar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 am

that is a great and the most welcome gesture on your part Shahid bhai
it shows your love for the shooting sports and it truly proves your tag line- 'Shooting Sports and Guns. That's what I live on this planet for !'

a big thankyou from all of us for the help offered by you!

shukriya
-
Zafar
Ignore the Ignorance of the Ignorant
-
Zafar

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Sun May 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Shahid Bhai,

What would be the price of a HW45 in .177 cal n wat r the courier charges to mumbai...

Thanx
regards

Parag
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Importing an airgun from dubai

Post by archer » Sun May 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey guys,

After a failed attempt to import an air gun (nov 2007)....i am at it again . this time by personal baggage from dubai. my dad's heading to duabi (15th june), i have asked him to pick up a HW 45 in 0.177cal . heres is my plan of action. pls give me ur sugestions and feedback...

1. List of shops that sell HW45
2. Custom notification for import of air guns. I am a member of a state rifle asso....but my dad is not. have contacted tirtha to get info from him abt his experience
3. DGFT notification
4. will check with the airline abt their requirements to carry an airgun.
5. I will give dad my membership details.
6. should i ask dad to check with the custom guys while departing.......

regards
Parag

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Importing an airgun from dubai

Post by tirths » Mon May 12, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Parag,

For your question 2.

The fundamentals:
============

Baggage rules gives lot of room. It is based on, on duty customs officer and how he interprets.

In general view, any gun is a firearm until is it certified by the right agency.

If your gun is a firearm and you are satisfying the requirement of customs for relocation, you are eligible to carry the gun along with you since it is considered as personal item.

However, airgun is not a firearm neither a personal item and not a toy, therefore, you are not suppose to carry as a baggage item. Please note, no where in rulebook says you can carry a weapon which is not a toy in your baggage.

========
Since your dad is going to get the weapon for you. It is mandatory, that he requires show his membership details to customs. Simple. You can not buy a gun for others license.

========

My suggestion:
=========

since you have membership, Get the weapon via courier !!

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Importing an airgun from dubai

Post by browning » Wed May 28, 2008 12:28 am

archer";p="43653 wrote:Hey guys,

After a failed attempt to import an air gun (nov 2007)....i am at it again . this time by personal baggage from dubai. my dad's heading to duabi (15th june), i have asked him to pick up a HW 45 in 0.177cal . heres is my plan of action. pls give me ur sugestions and feedback...

1. List of shops that sell HW45
2. Custom notification for import of air guns. I am a member of a state rifle asso....but my dad is not. have contacted tirtha to get info from him abt his experience
3. DGFT notification
4. will check with the airline abt their requirements to carry an airgun.
5. I will give dad my membership details.
6. should i ask dad to check with the custom guys while departing.......

regards
Parag
One of our fellow members, Shahid had started a thread on the same topic a while back, please ho through it you might find something helpful. I recently imported a Diana 460 magnum (.177) from Munich, Germany by post and it had no problems whatsoever, even though i am a NRAI member they did not ask for it, so i donot think your father should have a problem. Mundaire's (abhijit) sister-in-law had recently brought back an HW-40 for him and she had no problems. Maybe he could shed some more light on that. Please tell us when it arrives and have fun shooting.

Regards,
Browning.

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 am

Things are still very unclear and fortunous. Usually inside a regular looking suitcase there's never a problem.

Its the gun case carriage that a tyryst with destiny starts taking shape and sagas are written about it.

Most of the custom officials are still very unfamiliar of the new customs rules with regards to import of .177 Air Rifles.

So in vain will many a shooter's attempt be till there emerges light at the end of the tunnel.

abishaifernandez
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abishaifernandez » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi,

This is Abishai Fernandez. Am planning to buy an airgun, more specifically on of the following models

Diana 54 Airking.
Diana 350 Magnum.
Diana 460 Magnum.

With the following accessories: 3 - 9X40 telescope
and a Silencer.

Was planning on importing it from Dubai, Germany or UK. How do I go about it? What would be the documentation required and the approx courier chrages? Should I use a shipping and forwarding agent?

Why are those models so costly in India?

Any suggestion on the above models?

Thanks and regards,
Abishai Fernandez.

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Buddy if you go through previous post posted by members all your questions will be answered .
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Diana 350 Mag is available in Carbine version now complete with Diana made Magnum scope 3-9 x 40.

At 1250 fps for .177 it is not very good for there is always a chance for going supersonic with alighter pellet and then accuracy drifting.

Diana have also developed two kinds of sound moderators / silencer. A normal one and another model with fibre optic foresifhts on it.

Carbine versions also come prefitted with the slicencers.

many current models are offered in Fibre Kevlar Nylon stocks as well.

Current catalouge lists 350 Mag, 450 Mag, 54, 52, 28, Luxus, 34, 36 and the classic 35 not listed but is available in Dubai.

350 Mag comes in straight stock as well as drop in comb models ( Beechwood stock type only )

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:52 am

An IFG member from UK asked me details about buying an AIr RIfle from Dubai. Apparently it is cheaper here but I am not sure.

Dealers like Manchester AIr Guns and Air Gun Store offer very special prices.

But a Diana 35 costs about Dhs. 1100 and an HW 80 about Dhs. 1600, ROE to 1 GBP = Dhs. 7

Emirates AIrlines or Dubai airport screening will not object subject to.

Air Rifle is in checked baggage
You are carrying the recipet
It is in a hard case of its own or suitcase
Place a few pellets in the box close to the air rifle. They usually want to see the pellets, what kind of pellets it shoots to determine it is an air rifle.

A Dubai dealers recipet is sufficient. He is willing to invoice it the way you like in any currency.

I am not sure about Air GUn import into Britain, this will have to be checked out.

If you buy an unrestricted AIr Rifle from Dubai, like HW80 my guess is you will have to obtain an FAC certificate before you come to Dubai, it should be no problem at either end then.

Diana is available. HW 80 is available in .22 mostly and not always. You will have to check at Al Sayad's two showrooms. Atthe moment .22 is in stock, I purchased one three days ago.

Pellets are cheaper than UK, that I am sure becaue import from EU is virtually tax free in Dubai now after the new treaty.

Checkfor VAT in UK you may be required to pay it.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 am

Answering more queries from Pms so that all IFG members get to read it.

HW 77 or 77 K is not available in Dubai.

HW 80 is available but only in .22 and with no tuning kit. If a tuning kit is required carry it from UK or any other place.

Since IFG member David is intending to buy the AIr rifle in Dubai and carry it to India, question of FAC certificate does not arise.

What awaits you in India on arrival is another story.

HW 80 in .22 clocks 850 fps with a 13.5 gr to 14 gr pellet.

A Diana 35 in .177 clocks 1000 fps with a 8 grain pellet and a 350 mag about 1250 which is not good.

An HW 80 in .177 would also clock over 1250 fps which is not a good idea.

A Diana 35 in .22 clocks about 660 fps.

There is no guarentee that an HW 80 in .22 will be available the day you wish to purchase. Usually it is. Diana 35 in both calibres is availabe most times as is Diana 52, 54 and 48.

I am going to buy a Diana 35 for a friend tomorrow, will let you know of the HW 80 price her.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 pm

shahid
what are the reliable dubai postal services (government/privatecompanies ) which allow .177 air gun shipment to india
is there is any formalities/paper work is applicable while sending air rifle from dubai to india ?
pls throw some lights on the postal services and allied procedures regarding the airgun.

thanks
striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!