Adding peep sights to a National air rifle.

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
gun nut
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Adding peep sights to a National air rifle.

Post by gun nut » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:20 am

Some time ago I saw some posts on fitting a peep sight to a National air rifle.I have fitted these sights to some of my guns and am attaching pics
of two of them.The pics are self explanatory,but if any details are wanted please let me know through this forum.My method of attaching the sights yields two signifacant advantages: the sight line is lengthened by about 3 inches and the aperture of the sight is brought much closer to the aiming eye
This results in greater accuracy and easier aiming.
The Kolkata made sights are crude in comparison to German models but yield very good accuracy once properly adjusted and with the play in the moving parts removed (either by heavy grease or by a rubber band or light spring)
For the best results you would need a globe foresight.In my next post I will
show this can be made quite simply(,and also attach a pic or two)
(Since I'm unable to get the pics onto this page I have added them to my personal album.)
Gun nut.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

When I bought my IHP National AIr Rifle in 1996, it came prefitted with a peep sight.

I had removed it to fix a scope. Have they stopped peep sights, prefitted from the factory now ?

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Adding peep sights to a National air rifle.

Post by b.baracho » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Does IHP National AIr Rifle have provisions for scope mount?

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:16 am

No, I got a 3/8 inch plate fixed on top of it by drilling a couple of screws. Works fine. It was done in a Gun shop - Capital Gun House, Patna.

ronish
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ronish » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:46 am

?
hi shahid , recent ihp batches delivered to the gunshop near to me had no prefitted peepsight on any of their springer models.

hi GN, nice collection. what is the make of that peep sight. ? . imported or calcutta?

gun nut
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gun nut » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 am

The sight is Kolkata made.The mount is a flat piece of 1 inch mild steel, the aluminium strip on top is
a leftover piece of adjustable shelving (the part that screws to the wall) and the eye shield is the rubber shroud of a scooter rear view mirror.They just happened to match up together.
Gun nut