Pro-gun propaganda specific to India

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:19 am

shahid";p="59375 wrote:
On issue of licence ridiculous level of limit of 10 rounds of .22 LR ammo per day and 50 in the whole year is imposed. Well if we are insane gun weildind lunatics then even with those 10 rounds issued 10 people can be shot. Is there any sanity ?

Nowadays they have either stopped issuing licences completely or made it very difficult.
They have reduced the ammo limit even furthur.
In some places they give permit for max of 15-30 cartridges a year- even fora shotgun.

This year they have collected all the (licensed)arms a month in advance of the elections in Raj.
I was hoping to visit the new shooting range in jaipur but shall have to wait in queue for the club gun.
People with illegal firearms have all the freedom.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
paragvns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by paragvns » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks Shamsher,
here is the link
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35 ... ghandi.jpg

regards
Parag
An armed society is a polite society. — Robert A. Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 am

Oleg Volk";p="59415 wrote: I have a friend who volunteered a collection of Indian arms for photos. He will visit me in a month and we'll make more posters.

Is Ghandi (the first one) respected by the Indian public? I can use some of his statements in posters.
Here are some words from Gandhi:

"Government control gives rise to fraud, suppression of Truth, intensification of the black market and artificial scarcity. Above all, it unmans the people and deprives them of initiative, it undoes the teaching of self-help"

"I look upon an increase in the power of the State with the greatest fear because, although while apparently doing good by minimizing exploitation, it does the greatest harm to mankind by destroying individuality which lies at the heart of all progress"

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"

"We find the general work of mankind is being carried on from day to day be the mass of people acting as if by instinct"

"If they were instinctively violent the world would end in no time"

"It is when the mass mind is unnaturally influenced by wicked men that the mass of mankind commit violence. But they forget it as they commit it because they return to their peaceful nature immediately the evil influence of the directing mind has been removed"

"A government that is evil has no room for good men and women except in its prisons."
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:19 am

[quote="mundaire";p="60320"]
Oleg Volk";p="59415 wrote: Here are some words from Gandhi:

"Government control gives rise to fraud, suppression of Truth, intensification of the black market and artificial scarcity. Above all, it unmans the people and deprives them of initiative, it undoes the teaching of self-help"

"I look upon an increase in the power of the State with the greatest fear because, although while apparently doing good by minimizing exploitation, it does the greatest harm to mankind by destroying individuality which lies at the heart of all progress"

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"

"We find the general work of mankind is being carried on from day to day be the mass of people acting as if by instinct"

"If they were instinctively violent the world would end in no time"

"It is when the mass mind is unnaturally influenced by wicked men that the mass of mankind commit violence. But they forget it as they commit it because they return to their peaceful nature immediately the evil influence of the directing mind has been removed"

"A government that is evil has no room for good men and women except in its prisons."
[/quote]

I take back my words about Gandhi's words not being of use in RKBA, with a pinch of Salt (lets not waste much :) )
.. Nice archive Abhijeet... wonder why all these never enter the school text books ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Nice one Abhijeet. Gandhi always maintained his first principle was Truth and that he'd sacrifice his second principle (non violence) to protect the first.

Ashok

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Pro-gun propaganda specific to India

Post by raj » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:53 pm

i hope i m not hurting anybody's feelings but i think the following depicts what Govt. expects us to do in case of emergencis:
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:33 am

Good one... true but hell to agree upon !
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

sol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 pm

If the government can take away your legally owned guns whenever it suits them (and of course, it suits them to do so exactly at the time when you need them most, when 'trouble is afoot'), then your guns are not really your own. You are in the position of child and the state has decided it is your parent. The only arms worth possessing, in actual truth, are those which have no paperwork or state appuratus attached to them. All else, at least in India, is mere folly.