Best Indian made Air Rifle for pest control..

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Best Indian made Air Rifle for pest control..

Post by Kumarnishith » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi 2 all..Acording to you people which Indian made Air rifle is best for Pest/vermin control? And i would love to share your expiriences regarding Kill range ('am talking about Rats/vermins, if I take head shot) of various made in india Air Rifles..

For Advertising mail webmaster
indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Best Indian made Air Rifle for pest control..

Post by indian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 am

hi nishith :)

my preference would be a .22 national.it would be a good deal for your money :)

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 am

i have tried National(.177 cal) for pest control..it gave a fair performance but restricted to only head shots...
now i m usin a local made "Tommy .22 cal" with UTA pellets..its amazin!!!
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am

Apart from National, Sisco .22 (smoothbore) with a Gsmith / Cherokee spring and washer kit is very good - use round headed pellets for more impact
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 am

my .22 cal Tommy has the cherokee spring as mentioned by Mr.Sniper..
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey raj..I just saw a Tommy .22 cal Air Rifle with 4 X 10 Tesco Scope mounted on it..The guy in the shop said that its compony fitted..Have you tried it?? How good is it? I mean accuracy if I use the scope?
“Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun.”

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Kumarnishith:my .22 cal tommy didnt had any scope with it.it didnt even had a rail to mount the scope on....i made the rail at my home...
its performance is very good...longest kill made by me with that rifle was at 43mtrs..it was a very clean kill.. :!: i only shoot the schedule V vermins :!:
its a very leathal weapon...
regards
raj

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm

43mtrs..... Wow thats great..... Raj can you share pics of your tommy with the scope ...Thanks

Manish
raj";p="61367 wrote:Kumarnishith:my .22 cal tommy didnt had any scope with it.it didnt even had a rail to mount the scope on....i made the rail at my home...
its performance is very good...longest kill made by me with that rifle was at 43mtrs..it was a very clean kill.. :!: i only shoot the schedule V vermins :!:
its a very leathal weapon...
regards
raj

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 pm

my uncle used to have an ISW .22 a few years back and i found it to be better than the national ones.no idea of their availability now :)

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 am

Hey guys thanks a ton for your valuable advices..Do you people have any info regarding muzzle velocity of these Indian made springer?? Especially of National 35 as it is easily available over here..

And Raj 43mts WOW..congratulations..that was just amazin..Thinkin of small pests that are mentioned in schedule V and since hunting with air rifle requires head shots..I am sure it would have been very difficult without your custom attached scope..!!

BTW today when I went to a arm store to buy pellets I saw one booklet attached to an Air Rifle (Tommy 400) claiming its effective range to be 90mts...!! and carrying range around 250 or 300mts I don't remember the later figures exactly...Is it possible?? C'mon guys share your experience..

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:26 am

Raj,
What kill did u make at 43 mtrs?...N where will I get a tommy air rifle? U think its better than the IHP .22?
Regards,
R.Dhillon.

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 am

hi everyone!!!
1.i shot a big size farm rat with tht .22 cal Tommy(@43mtrs)
2.i didnt used my scope at that time.i use open sights.
3.i think 90mtrs is too much for my .22cal Tommy.cant say anything about what u saw in that shop.(tommy-400)
4.i have not used IHP till now.so i cant comment about its performace.as far as pest control is considered,my Tommy gives better performance than National.
5.i use bushnel 3-9X32 scope for plinking. :!:
regards

raj.

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am

Hmmm thats pretty cool Raj..can you mention me the Model no. of your tommy? I am thinkin of chekin it out at the arm store..!!
“Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun.”

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:36 am

Kumarnishith: i dont think the Tommy i have is the same as you saw in that gun shop(tommy-400).the one i have is a cheap weapon.i got it for rs1800/- only.
Model No."Tommy A-4-.22"

regards
raj.

sharan_kan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sharan_kan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:28 pm

raj";p="61490 wrote:hi everyone!!!
1.i shot a big size farm rat with tht .22 cal Tommy(@43mtrs)
2.i didnt used my scope at that time.i use open sights.
3.i think 90mtrs is too much for my .22cal Tommy.cant say anything about what u saw in that shop.(tommy-400)
4.i have not used IHP till now.so i cant comment about its performace.as far as pest control is considered,my Tommy gives better performance than National.
5.i use bushnel 3-9X32 scope for plinking. :!:
regards

raj.
Hi All,

I can't vouch for all the Tommy Air Rifles, but remember that one police officer of local police station had Tommy in .22 Cal, 35 Model. There was problem with that Air Rifle that the aim was inconsistant. He gave it to us for zeroing.

We took this gun at our home and the first thing we did was to overhaul it. There was error with regards to the windage & elevation of the sights and needed little greasing of the piston as well. (That Police Officer didn't knew anything regarding the windage and elevation of the rifles)

We assembled the rifle and after some 15-20 shots and adjustments, we were hitting a 50 paise coin at 20-25 Yards. I must say that the rifle was powerful enough to bend the coins at many occassions. It was dead accurate at around 50-60 yards... We had lot of fun with that rifle and did lot of plinking and killing vermins. We wanted to purchase the rifle from him, but he didn't sold it to us.

The rifle was little heavier than the IHP 35, but the aim and power was at par with IHP 35.

This sums up my experience with Tommy...

Raj, it will be better if you can post the snaps of your rifle..

Cheers.. :lol: