.32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
surgeon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: .32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Post by surgeon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks Bobby for the detailed technical info!
Few days back I had called up Kolkata to inquire about the availability of IOF .32 Pistol. Waiting period is more than
10 months and there is an increase in price also. They couldn't tell me the exact figure but acc to them its more than 78000/- However,
the official IOF website is still showing the old price!

For Advertising mail webmaster
jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

hi surgeon,
Do you know if there is any improvement in current production , because 2002 model IOF pistol with my friend is very poorly built it's appear to be loose stuff.

surgeon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by surgeon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Sorry Jaz I can't comment as I haven't seen a brand new IOF pistol recently. However, the piece I saw was some 4-5 yrs old and it
was of silver colour, it was in BAD condition. It was really looking like a SCRAP iron. I dont know whether the owner was responsible or IOF!

ronnie VARTE
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ronnie VARTE » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi Friend
I am a new member i;ve got .32 handgun licence and i want to buy handgun some of my friend told me to by walther ppk smith and wesson etc what will be good and what will be the price i need your help

Ronnie

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:41 pm

hi ronnie
in the present market condition only two factors prevails, pocket size and gun availability. if the pocket allows, s&w, walther like guns in good condition could be the best buy.price of these guns could be anything between 4-7lacs. pistol commands higher price than revolvers.take care.

navi123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by navi123 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 am

you must go for ashani pistol that is really good i own one and you can be sure in this . The only precaution you need to take is never keep it fully loaded and not to use indian bullets always take imported .

gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gajamacho » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Surgeon,

Go and buy a good quality lathi...safer bet then both the guns you have mentioned.

regards

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:24 pm

gajamacho wrote:Surgeon,

Go and buy a good quality lathi...safer bet then both the guns you have mentioned.

regards
Have you any experience of either? I mean the revolver-pistol

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm

gajamacho wrote: Go and buy a good quality lathi...safer bet then both the guns you have mentioned.
An unfair remark, I daresay .

By the way IFG member "surgeon" bought his IOF .32 revolver and seems rather pleased with its performance.
Link..... http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7781

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

gajamacho wrote:Surgeon,

Gajamacho why is it that everywhere you keep giving irrelevant replies. You did the same in few other threads also.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

gajamacho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gajamacho » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Grewal.

to put it straight, MADE IN INDIA = NO GOOD.

its a fact and i m sure many agree.

IRRELEVANT NO POLITICS IS DISCUSSED ON THE BOARD SO REFRAIN FROM IT STICK TO GUNS AND READ THE RULES.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 am

I had some how missed Bobby's explanation --

best

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 am

surgeon wrote:Hi friends,
Am a new member of this forum & I have recently obtained a fire-arm license for Revolver / Pistol NPB and want to purchase either of it. Ofcourse I'll have to opt for an indigenous weapon as my pocket doen't allow me to buy a s&w. Some of my friends as well as some of the gunsmiths I met are not happy with Ashani as it often gets blocked and the magazine design is faulty (even the gunaccessory.com also posts the same review) Also, I have gone thru the previous posts by denzil, cherian n Mack The Knife but there are discussions on the individual pistol or revolver. I couldn't find any comparison b/w these two. Although, most of the shooters also suggest me to go for .32 IOF Revolver (kanpur made), however, I feel, the get up of the Pistol is more attractive than the revolver. So I request the 'Gun-Gurus' here to guide me.
the iof pistol will handle properly if you are lucky .most pistol's get jammed very often.either it doesn't eject or does not load properly or does not fire at all,since its hammerless you can't do much about the perfomance.iof revovler wil be the best ,as well said'' better of the 2 evils''.i know you are confused.try one of your friends and you will be able to decide.happy shooting.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 pm

gajamacho wrote:to put it straight, MADE IN INDIA = NO GOOD.
You are MADE IN INDIA as well,I assume.
dr.jayakumar wrote:the iof pistol will handle properly if you are lucky .most pistol's get jammed very often.either it doesn't eject or does not load properly or does not fire at all,since its hammerless you can't do much about the perfomance.iof revovler wil be the best ,as well said'' better of the 2 evils''.i know you are confused.try one of your friends and you will be able to decide.happy shooting.
It is a concealed hammer and not a hammerless pistol. I have owned two and none had the problems you list. Also most of the issues are an easy fix.The mechanism is fairly simple.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:06 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:the iof pistol will handle properly if you are lucky .most pistol's get jammed very often.either it doesn't eject or does not load properly or does not fire at all,since its hammerless you can't do much about the perfomance.
Doctor Sahab,
You are terribly wrong, misinformed perhaps. The newer pistols work well , a few minor nags , if any, can be easily rectified .

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !