HELP FOR .22 GECADO REVOLVER

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
shariq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

HELP FOR .22 GECADO REVOLVER

Post by shariq » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:02 pm

a
Last edited by shariq on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: HELP FOR .22 GECADO REVOLVER

Post by Sakobav » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 am

Shariq

In future dont use Capitals while typing its equivalent of shouting

May be you already looked the follow up

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... p?t=150656

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=204463
Check and compare any markings described in posts above such as Eagle for German federal govt etc with this gun.

Per the link these arent considered to be great guns and were only made in .22 revolver ( post second world war)

only concern other than its dara make would be whether its alloy made and pressure it can bear for firing various .22 LR ammo.

Rest others can chime in..but how much is the dealer / seller quoting?

Best

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am

Snippets found this on Google:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Firea ... 8674_7.pdf (page 4)
Arminius revolvers are made in Germany and imported by Firearms Import and Export (FIP), Herters (HEW) and Gecado (GEC). Models include HW3, HW7 and Titan Tiger. Many are incorrectly coded as Titan. WEI is an alternate code that stands for Herman Weihrauch, the original maker.
It looks like Gecado was an importer? Most of these types of pistols seem to have dried up after the 1968 arms control act.
"GECADO" was the trade name of the company G.C.Dornheim A.G in Suhl/Germany.
This company just sold handguns made my other producers under their own brand.
Before 1939 they sold the Spanish Eibar-Pistol "SEAM" as "GECADO".
After WW2 they sold the "SM-11" pistol of the "Rhoener Sportwaffen GMBH" and the "Arminius HW-3" revolver of the company "Hermann Weihrauch Waffenfabrik, Mellrichstadt, Germany" as "GECADO"
Value nearly none, except personal one.
Here is one on gunbroker that seems to be identical to yours.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =134942707

From what I gather, they are not worth much and not very well made. If you don't already own it, I wouldn't buy it.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:51 am

shariq wrote:CAN ANY ONE HELP ME TO KNOW THE EXACT VALVE OF GECADO .22 REVOLVER MADE IN GERMANY I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT ITS OF SAME METAL OF ARMINUS REVOLVER CAN ANY OF THE MEMBER HELP ME PLEASE ATTACH THE PICTURE OF REVOLVER I AM ALSO CONFUSED ABOUT ITS GENIUENESS
Shariq,

Since you wanted to know the "EXACT" value...well to start with they are somewhat obscure guns made to be really cheap. I'd say its largely worthless if one were to take into account collector value in the US going for $50 or less.

Presumably you meant exact Indian value ...to which there is nothing that qualifies as exact. It'll depend on the rapacity of the seller and the gullibility of the buyer. Why, you could even charge an outrageous 3-4 lakhs and there'll be more than enough people who will pay any price for any junk as long as its foreign made.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 pm

As mentioned, here in the USA that is probably a $50 gun. It maybe a $35 gun and it most certainly is not a $80 gun. I would pass on it too.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 pm

shariq wrote:CAN ANY ONE HELP ME TO KNOW THE EXACT VALVE OF GECADO .22 REVOLVER MADE IN GERMANY I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT ITS OF SAME METAL OF ARMINUS REVOLVER CAN ANY OF THE MEMBER HELP ME PLEASE ATTACH THE PICTURE OF REVOLVER I AM ALSO CONFUSED ABOUT ITS GENIUENESS
Shariq,

My first impression was that you had uploaded the pictures of a particular handgun and that you wanted to know how good or bad the piece was .

I am afraid that the pictures of the Gecado Revolver that you have uploaded are not genuine but taken from an auction site. Link ..... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =134942707

The serial number is 146 . :)

Please be careful of the copyright violation. It would be a good idea to upload some original pictures of the Gecado Revolver that you are genuinely inquiring about .

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !