IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

Post by eternalme » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:24 am

Hi IFGians ,

After being here for some while I have come to understand that sport and gun enthusiasts are having many problems in acquiring instruments, the information is scattered, willing people and resources are not grouped.
We have a platform already where we meet virtually, why not give it a solid form like a shooting sport society and register with NRAI that way all members will become in-direct member of NRAI and no more problems in acquiring shooting instruments.
Just basic thoughts , please pool in more ideas and see where it goes...
Some objectives could be -

Help shooting enthusiasts in acquiring shooting instrument after receipt of payment by import route.No profit no loss based.
Organizing shooting meets.
Operating indoor shooting gallery in future.

Or does it sound too optimistic ? :roll:
Last edited by eternalme on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

For Advertising mail webmaster
professor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IFG rifle club : proposing starting our rifle club

Post by professor » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 am

Good idea....though IFGians are scattered all over the country & a very few of them will be able to visit the proposed club range or office....but affiliation with NRA will be a rewad itself & we can arrange a meet or two once in a year also....I think memebership of any assoictaion is already discussed somewhere in the forum but most of us face similar problems....recently I joined our district reifle association & surprisingly here also they refused to provide any membership card or receipt....IFG club will be a good platform....what u say guys....of course legal formalities must be observed first....

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Institutional Members: Any club or any other recognized institution or association, established for the objects of sports, marksmanship, conservation of wild life and National/ Civil defence, may be affiliated by the NRAI without voting right on compliance with sure procedures/ requirements as may be prescribed by the Governing Body, from time to time, and on payment of affiliation fee as may be decided by it.

Organizational Member: Any organization of an all India standing may be given the status, as that of a State, or that of a Union Territory, with or without, voting rights as may be decided by the Governing Body from time to time.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 am

why dont we consult our fellows in delhi to find some shooting sport contacts in the capitol ..even if we succeed in creating a club in papers ... we will not have to ask the corrupt babus to grant us membership of a certain club or association. this will also help our fellows who are trying to aquire a firearm licence..... and then for the publicity we can organise certain firearm handling / self defense courses in different parts of the country specially in troubled areas...

howz the idea??

-- Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:59 am --

because when u are organizing these kind of camps u can ask police/ army for instructors...they are very helpful ....because they are educated people ....not like our "paanchavi pass neta"
Freedom :)

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 am

Dear dobhal,eternalme,
Strange you should suggest starting a Shooting Club. THIS IS PRECISELY what I have set myself to do, the proposed club is to be named FORESIGHT - Marksmanship Training Institute. Almost all the ideas that both of you have mentioned are in 'aims & objectives' and right now I am looking for a suitable address in Pune to register the same. You are both welcome to join it and come up with ideas and suggestions.
Do let me know.
BR

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:29 pm

thank you HVJ1 for such an honour. "foresight" is certainly a very good name ...but pune is quite far from here sir... i hope as being IFGians we will be given extra shooting time . so will you be affiliating it to the maharashtra state rifle association or NRAI ??

please help to encourage gun-awareness among parents... it is very hard to convince parents to send their children to a shooting club. e.g ...mine !!
Last edited by dobhal87 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Count me in for all the help you need.

I really am for the formation of the IFG club with NRAI affiliation.

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:35 pm

thats exciting ....then we can have branches of our club !!

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Lets get this going guys....

vijayraghavan menon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijayraghavan menon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:01 pm

this is a very good proposal.best wishes i wud like to join IFG club with NRAI affilliation
vijayraghavan

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

finally we have people with potential of doing this... please contact HVJ1 here/PM to further discuss this ...he and ETERNALME have great plans...

we can do it together

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi guys sorry to sound pessimistic,
Recently i had a chat about the same idea with another delhi member.
We foresaw the following obstacles:

The location itself. Delhi has the most expensive real estate. how does one acquire land there? The only affordable land is so far from delhi that it wouldnt be practical to have a club frequented by the members.

If one were starting an airgun plinking club, its fine but for rifles, shotguns, well the cost of land would run in crores. If we were to lease it, there are a lot of legal hassles and also we know what effect the word 'guns' might have on the landlord.

Well if the club doesnt have to have its own range or a clubhouse and may exist on paper just like a private limited company can; thats another matter but might just defeat the purpose.
I dont want to give a lot of enthusiasts false hopes.

I am a big lover of shooting and want more than anything else but am just pointing some of the major roadblocks one may encounter.

regards
dev
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Dear Shooter, Vjkalan,Professor,vijayraghvan menon, dobhal and eternalme.
Shooter has correctly raised the issue, further there are the following problems;
1. Who is going to manage the day to day activities?
2. Who is going to get the club gun license and import license?
Getting NRAI affiliation is possible , since I am in the field, I have already started the ball rolling. Secondly, there is a mjor question of accountability of guns and ammunition expended. These I can control, further, I am going to manage the day to day activities and get the necessary gun licenses and import licenses.
'Foresight' may be affiliataed to IFG, so that all members can join on behalf of IFG at Foresight.
Finally, Pune being centrally located and with all my years of association with these guys, we can use the best international shooting range facilities in India. We can do short term courses, where accomodation, lodging and other leisure activities like swimming, tennis, sports medicine, gym sauna, ( hell you name it we've got it) can be included.
I have extremely good contacts with international shooting coaches, we can tap them and ask them to conduct clinics for our shooters when they reach that level.
I AM MARCHING AHEAD, JOIN ME.
BR

ravi.sharma
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by ravi.sharma » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi Hvj,

As discussed with you, i just don't wanna wish you success, want a be a part of the success, any sort of help, i am their with you and congratulations on your first successful move, let members know about it man, don't deprive the enthusiasts :cheering: :cheering:

:cheers:
Ravi
Believing Everybody is Dangerous; Believing Nobody is Very Dangerous..........

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Nice going fellows...