Gun politics. IFG on wikipedia!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Gun politics. IFG on wikipedia!

Post by shooter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Came across the following article on gun politics on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics

So i thought why not have a link about gun politics and policies in India. Wikipedia is editable. we surely must have some member here who has posted/ edited on wikipedia before.

This will help us spread our cause a very broad platform. If our article has the usually sources/bibilography, it can be an excellent reference/quoting material/ be used for rkba in the future.

It can be sent as a link in our petitions/ emails etc.

To many babu's netas and laypersons it might sound more "authentic" than a mail article in a "gun lovers website".

We have most of the material on this forum.
All that has to be done is copy and paste.

Are you with me?

lets take an oppertunity to create an article on this thread for wikipedia and the final draft can be then uploaded there as an article.

Long live IFG
long live RKBA
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Gun politics. IFG on wikipedia!

Post by diskaon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Draft 1: (please feel free to add/delete and any of the senior members could post it on wiki... I think we have ENOUGH info to put in, but should keep it short and simple. Alternatively we can have a "main article" and post a short article for this page on wiki)

The Indian laws are a copy of the suppressive laws of the 1800's drafted by the British Governement to deprive the natives the right to bear arms.

The arms act of 1959 and the Arms rules of 1962 currently are the laws governing the union of india.

Most Indians are deprived of guns and are vulnerable to theft and loss of life. India has one of the largest number of unauthorized/un registered and illeagal arms.

Currently, there has been a proposed change in the arms act/rules to make it worse for the law abiding citizens of India. This proposal has been made in the wake of terror activities in the region.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 pm

check this link.. see something new??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

Zake
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zake » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Can't see the relevance with the topic.

And can't see why she would have such an adverse view either. One can not produce information. It has to be collected. Unless of course you are creating something new. In this case life of an old man. You don't know him I suppose. There fore it renders you unable to produce original information. The only remaining option is data gathering. Since you are collecting from sources, why not the one with most reliable information ? Say that in a nice way. She might change her opinion.

Regards,

Zake

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 am

Well done diskaon!! BRAVo!! i think we must elaborate a bit more on the gun politics. after all we can promote our cause.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 am

dear diskaon i can provide citations for the what you have written other than the fact that owning guns is a previlage. i mean what citation are they looking for in that?

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

A remark stating [citation required] is just a disclaimer from wiki. e.g. the statement "Owning a gun in India is a privilege" is true, but is not vouched by Wiki. If i have a link to some other website (preferably a website owned/controlled by an authority in the subject, then that would be a reference and the remark of citation required would be replaced by <ref>..

As of now its ok. we need not worry about citations.

Only if we add some figures would I worry about references.

Over a period of time and lots of edits from lots of people, i guess that this would be completed.

I have not used any reference to IFG... you know why :wink:
Regards,

diskaon.
klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:25 pm

klick klack..... diskaon

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:38 pm

I remember this has been on the net for some time now. Have you made an changes to it? if yes what part?