Rifle Association of Andhra Pradesh

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Rifle Association of Andhra Pradesh

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:43 pm

Secretary General
Rifle Association of Andhra Pradesh,
4-3-352, Bank street,
Koti Hydrabad-500095

http://www.raap.co.in/
Last edited by mundaire on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Frank
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Rifle Association of Andhra Pradesh

Post by Frank » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi: Could you please give me the contact of Rifle Association of Andhra Pradesh. I wish to pursue my hobby in Air Gun Shooting.

Thanks

xbox360
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Can someone guide me to joining State Rifle assoc-Hyderabaad

Post by xbox360 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:28 am

If someone has expereince in joining the AP rifle association, can you please post your expereince and list out the steps for our benefit.

Also for HYD folks-- have you imported an airgun by courier/postal route to HYD? I am planning to do so, and will like to learn from your expereince.

Thanks!

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Can someone guide me to joining State Rifle assoc-Hydera

Post by HydNawab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:31 am

Hi

You can call up the Rifle Association of AP or you can download the membership from its site
http://www.raap.co.in/membership.html
The person incharge for membership is Mr.RajKumar.

I am a life member of the association and a major advantage is that you can use the range and you can borrow guns for practice provided you have an Arms license.You can obviously use the air guns at the range.

I would suggest that you dont even think about getting the air rifle through the postal service.I did the same mistake once and my Beretta .177 CO2 pistol supposedly landed in Mumbai and they cant trace it right now.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

xbox360
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Can someone guide me to joining State Rifle assoc-Hydera

Post by xbox360 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 pm

HydNawab";p="39910 wrote:Hi

You can call up the Rifle Association of AP or you can download the membership from its site
http://www.raap.co.in/membership.html
The person incharge for membership is Mr.RajKumar.

I am a life member of the association and a major advantage is that you can use the range and you can borrow guns for practice provided you have an Arms license.You can obviously use the air guns at the range.

I would suggest that you dont even think about getting the air rifle through the postal service.I did the same mistake once and my Beretta .177 CO2 pistol supposedly landed in Mumbai and they cant trace it right now.

Cheers

Ashar
Thanks Ashar for your response. Can you please tell me if i take the life time/annual membership of RAAP today, can this be tranferred when say i shift to Delhi after a few years.
Does NRAI membership get you all the benefits at the HYD range as the RAAP members? In that case if you are not sure you will remian in one state does NRAI membership work out better?

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 pm

They do take annual and life memberships and its of great help if you want to apply for an Arms License later.You cannot shoot at the range of you are not a member of the RAAP or the NRAI.It is better to have both memberships so as to exclude any unnecessary hassels. If you want to shoot in Delhi later, I advise that you take the NRAI membership.This allows you to shoot anywhere in India at all their registered ranges and associations.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

Zafar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Zafar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Aadab to the Nawab
RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Annual Student Member : Rs.1000/- Renewal : Rs.300/- P.A.
hey ashar can you explain the student membership, does it mean you have to be a student of a college or a student of rifle asso. if it is a student of college could it be a college in maharashtra?

thanks
-
zafar

rama
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm

I spoke to RajKumar of RAAP, I understood that they are not conducting any training now a days. I visited SAAP shooting range in Gatchibowli, happened to speak with Ramesh(Dept. Director). Ramesh asked me to contact after 10 days as there is no Trainer available now.

Is there any other club in Hyderabad where I could learn rifle shooting?

I was in NCC few years back and had exposure to .22 rifle.

Now I work for IBM in Hi-tech city Hyderabad. I love to develop this sport.

Please suggest

I am reachable at Please do not give personal contact information on public forums.Use PM.Also, for a first post,please introduce yourself in the introductions and then start posting in the relevant sections.Thanks-Moderator

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Ashar ,

Unfortunately one cannot shoot at the Karni Singh range just with either a NRAI or DSRA membership.
One has to take up the range membership as its run by SAI.
Although i am a life member of both NRAI & DSRA , in my experience there is little or no benefit of the NRAI membership and DSRA is good to the extent that one can get ammo issued at the range (on certain days only) and leave after depositing the empties.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Rama

I am not really sure if you will be able to hire a coach for rifle shooting here in Hyderabad.I can speak with 2-3 fellow shooters if they can take 3-4 training sessions.Give me some time and I will let you know.If you want to take up skeet or trap, I am sure the senior shooters can give you a few pointers.Rifle shooting might be a problem.Still will let you know.

Rohit, I agree with you about the membership for the NRAI.Its just a plus point if you want to apply for an additional weapon or extend your area validity on the license.

Zafar, I dont think you will be able to take student membership of RAAP if you are a student in Maharashtra.If you want to shoot at the range, you can take either the annual membership or the lifetime membership.

Ashar

-- Al Capone

rao
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

rifle association of andhra pradesh (raap)

Post by rao » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 am

hi friends,
i'm from hyderabad and would like to enrol for the membership of the raap.
i need an introduction from an existing member. would somebody be please kind enough to introduce me? or could you atleast share contact information of any members (with their consent of course)

rao
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rao » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

hi friends,
i need an introduction from an existing member. would somebody be please kind enough to introduce me? or could you atleast share contact information of any members (with their consent of course)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 am

rao";p="51280 wrote: hi friends,
Threads merged.

Rao, THREE threads on the same subject??!! :roll: Please familiarise yourself on how to post on online forums PRIOR to starting any fresh threads here... there are a couple of helpful links in the welcome PM (private message) you would have received on signing up here. Do take the time to go through the information on those pages - it will allow you to derive maximum benefit from your interactions here, while minimising needless friction (caused due to unfamiliarity with online forum etiquette).

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rao
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rao » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:39 am

apology for that.
thanks any way abhijeet.
will sure do that.

k2bfrm83
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Need details about Shooting clubs in Hyderabad

Post by k2bfrm83 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Shooters,

This is Bala from Hyderabad. I was a shooter of .22 mm 2 years back and represented AP in National level competitions conducted by NCC 3 years back.

Later due to some constraints I was not in a position to take along the sport.

But now I am in a better position, I wanna get back to my sport. But how?

How can I get the details of the Clubs in Hyderabad. I googled with all possible perms and combi and found this forum which was very helpful.

Can anyone of u suggest me how can I get in touch with the club members and continue from there.

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!
Bala