12 Bore IOF Pump Action Gun

Posts related to shotguns.
gurdeepbahra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gurdeepbahra » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 am

The 12 Bore Pump Action Gun has been specially developed for use as a security weapon. It is a single barrel breach loading weapon superior to 12 Bore DBBL. It is provided with a tubular magazine, which holds 4 nos. of 12 Bore Cartridges and is placed parallel to and below the barrel. Extraction, loading and cocking of the cartridges take place in a single 'pump action' by operating handle, sliding along the magazine. Due to rapid reloading by pump action and spread of shots, it is an ideal weapon for counter ambush tactics.

SPECIFICATIONS :
Weapon Single Barrel Breach Loading
Calibre 12 Bore (18.578 mm to 18.628 mm)
Chamber 70 mm (2-3/4")
Length of Barrel I. Civilian use - 510 mm (20") NPB
II. Military / Police - 478 mm (18") PB
Ammunition 12 Bore 2.5" OR 12 Bore 2.75"
Magazine Capacity 4 Rounds
Weight 3.05 kgs.

APPLICATIONS :

Banks security
Anti insurgent applications
Industrial security
Personal security
Sporting Arm
Anti Riot role by use of Rubber Ball non-lethal ammunitionv

Marketing & Export Division
Ordnance Factory Board
Ayudh Bhawan
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
10A, S. K. Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 001, India.

Tel: 0091-33-2248 9027 0091-33-2248 9027 / 2248 2103 / 2248 5077-80 2248 5077-80
Fax : 0091-33-2248 1748/2210 8235
Mail : [email protected]
http://www.ofb.gov.in

Folding Stock for 12 Bore IOF Pump Action

Assembling Instructions:
The factory fitted stock is removed. Stock bolt (as supplied) is tightened in the threaded aperture of the receiver of the Pump Action Shotgun.

Fibre pistol grip is enclosed over the Stock bolt. Pistol grip locking bolt tightens the Pistol grip through the Locking lug to the receiver of the Shotgun as shown in the exploded diagram.

Fibre Pistol Grip is now tightened with the receiver and it can even be used independently of the folding attachment.

To use the folding attachment, Mount is secured to the Pistol grip by means of a Mount locking bolt as shown.

Arm locking spring is inserted in the housing under the Elongated arm, the spring is then compressed and both the Elongated arm and the spring are inserted inside the Mount such that the holes in the Mount and the Elongated arm are aligned straight.

The Pivoting pin is then inserted in the holes from the top of the Mount.

Pivot pin holding screw is tightened in the threaded aperture of the Elongated arm in such a manner that it locks with the groove of the Pivoting Pin.

The Folding Stock is now ready for use.

Working of the Folding Stock:

In order to use the Folding stock in the folded position the Pivoting Pin is pressed from the top of the Mount such that the Elongated arm detaches from the Mount. It is then manually pivoted in a horizontal plane to the side of the shotgun till the key in the Elongated arm locks with the slot in the Mount. To use the shotgun with the stock in the extended position, the Elongated arm is pivoted again by pressing the pivoting pin.
Last edited by gurdeepbahra on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Deep ~

For Advertising mail webmaster
jk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: 12 Bore IOF Pump Action Gun

Post by jk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

What is the procedure to purchase one.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:48 pm

AFAIK 12 bore IOF pump action shotgun is not being manufactured any more. As far as question of purchasing any pump action shotgun is concerned, it can be purchased from any arms dealer provided you have arms license for NPB shotgun/SBBL shotgun.(for the purpose of law, a pump action shotgun is equivalent to a single barrel shotgun)
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:20 pm

A couple of years ago a gun dealer was offering me a pump action Ithaca and a Winchester both were very well kept and had original bluing with stock and barrel in very neat condition. He asked 90k for each gun. But at that time I had apprehensions that pump action was a prohibited and licensing authority do not let civilians get those guns entered on their license as pump action shotgun. But with the passage of time and reading so many threads on ifg I now have a deep dezire of buying one in the near future :cheers: . In 2001 when i bought my first shot gun ( khurmi gun works ) the dealer also had IOF pump action ( at that time IOF was selling these pump actions to civilians ) he asked 45k for that but I bought khurmi for 28k . At that time there was no such rumer that soon IOF will stop selling these guns in open market otherwise I would have definitely bought that Pump action :(
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:AFAIK 12 bore IOF pump action shotgun is not being manufactured any more.
Wrong

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Prabhdeep,dont feel so sad as you didnt buy the Pump Action.Pump actions are very fussy with the ammo they fire,IOF 12 Bore always gets stuck in the chambers and you can only be sure if you are using imported ammo,even then they are a little problematic,i would disagree because of the place we live in as mentioned above that a pump action is better then a DBBL Gun,Dbbls are dependable,least fussy about the ammo and go on and on with a little bit of care.
My own humble view is that lesser the moving parts in a gun,lesser the headaches.The LUGER and the P38 being a very good example of the same,they have been around since 70 years or more and still work perfect,if given a choice ,stay with the DBBL,its a tested,tried gun for Indian conditions.Best

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks Amit . you have more experience than me and I respect your advice. :cheers:

Regards
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Prabhdeep,its my exp along with the world's,anyway you are always welcome,pleasure.All the best

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 am

Pump action gun is recognised as best gun for home defence all around the world and that holds true for India also, We are not familier with it due to scarcity of good quality pump action gun.I am listing down certain advantages of 12ga pump action as i am having Winchester model 12 ,6 plus one magazine capacity ,20 inche barrel.I have fired more than 500 round with it and its build like a tank never failed.Refer this link;
http://www.learnaboutguns.com/2008/03/3 ... e-defense/

Pump action gun like winchester 12 can be carried safely with 6 rounds in magazine where as it is not safe to carry round in double barrel .

Pump action is mechanically operated gun and good quality like winchester 12 or Remington 870 is build like a rock. Winchester 12 is used by US Army in adverse condictions in WW2 and in Vietnam .These are still preferred by many security ageny in advance country for its reliablity.Refer this link;
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 54&start=0
http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_re ... 12_200911/

Due to high magazine capacity and quick loading facility it can engage multiple targets ,Fires as fast as you can cycle action whereas double is only 2 shots and reloading is comparitively slow.Refer this video;

Pump action like winchester 12 is really easy to maintain and carry, refer this video;

Trusting or buying gun is purely personal choise and pump action gives me more confidence when home safety or self defence is concerned however hi-quality doubles are beautiful and really admired.

cheers ,
James..

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 am

Agree they are good home defense and general purpose shotguns ( very reasonably priced in US) , but Amit above correctly stated that they are very finicky with ammo. Many years ago in India we had to purchase imported expensive shells because Indian cardboard shells would jam in the action. It had a good presence but always were concerned whether it would pump properly.Therefore prefer sxs over this in India. Incidentally one of my uncles had shot a leapord with it back in when it was legal, I just recently identified the gun in the picture ( OT)

Amit

Regarding Luger I thought and read somewhere it was a very expensive pistol to manufacture with pretty complex machining and moving parts; cost and ruggedness is one of the reasons why Walther P 38 was preferred by Wehrmacht over the iconic pistol. But still Luger is a great gun and I was lucky enough to see and handle one that too in India!

Best

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm

I have used iof cartridge platic and cardboard in my Winchester model 12 it cycles well ,never jammed but really makes gun dirty ,Iof pump action does have some problem due to non standard quality . I prefer MIRAGE in my gun as they are accurate and makes life easy while cleaning.
Under situation of home defence or security of loved once cost or price hardly makes any difference and even if spending that extra bit on foreign catridges provides enhanced fire power , make sense to me however this is purely personal perception and may differ from person to person.
Cheers ,
James..

Cuppa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Cuppa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 am

I've had a Winchester Model 12 for over thirty years and have have shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it over the years. Never had a misfire or jam. Also have a Mossberg 500 which always functions perfectly. I use factory ammo and also reload myself. In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with either of these guns. Remington Model 870 is excellent too, never had one, but have hunted and shot with many men who do. They love them.
By the way, any of these models are superior for self defense over over a two shot side by side or over and under. My Mossberg holds one in the chamber and six in the magazine tube. Do the math.

Tai Ahom
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Tai Ahom » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Cuppa wrote:I've had a Winchester Model 12 for over thirty years and have have shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it over the years. Never had a misfire or jam. Also have a Mossberg 500 which always functions perfectly. I use factory ammo and also reload myself. In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with either of these guns. Remington Model 870 is excellent too, never had one, but have hunted and shot with many men who do. They love them.
By the way, any of these models are superior for self defense over over a two shot side by side or over and under. My Mossberg holds one in the chamber and six in the magazine tube. Do the math.
And your profile says you are 28 :shock:

-- Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:06 am --
Cuppa wrote:I've had a Winchester Model 12 for over thirty years and have have shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it over the years. Never had a misfire or jam. Also have a Mossberg 500 which always functions perfectly. I use factory ammo and also reload myself. In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with either of these guns. Remington Model 870 is excellent too, never had one, but have hunted and shot with many men who do. They love them.
And your profile says you are 28 :shock:

Cuppa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Cuppa » Sat May 01, 2010 11:24 am

Tai Ahom , thanks for pointing that out. There is an error in the profile, I will correct it.

Regards,
Cuppa

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat May 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Cuppa

Issue in India used to be or may be still is that the cartridges were made of cardboard which made them susceptible to moisture and when the paper expanded, they had tendency to jam and were hard to recycle, therefore one had to shell out $1 ( this was eons ago) per round or more to purchase a foreign made ones. Agree pump actions are very reliable but in India they are sold at ridiculous price whereas a decent sxs shotty can be had at a reasonable cost

Best