Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
lesnar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

Post by lesnar1234 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:36 pm

hi guys, this is my 1st post on this forum..

i m thinking of buying an co2 powered air pistol...
my requirements are---

1.excellent velocity..
2.more shots per co2 cartridge.
3.blowback facility would be great.
4.extension for laser/flashlight attachment.
5.made of metal.
6.excellent accuracy..
7.reasonable price.

considering all the above requirements, i feel the "Crosman C11(not the airsoft version)" suits me the best except for a few points mentioned above..
Cost of the gun is around Rs.1500/-.

Now guys as crosman dosent have any official dealers in India, i would like to know if there is a way to find this gun in India...
I live close to Mumbai so an suggested dealer in Mumbai would really be helpful (the dealer must also sell the co2 cartridges, BBs ,etc.)

The C11 isnt having blowback facility so any other suggested gun with the same features ?????
my budget is 1500-2000

For Advertising mail webmaster
lesnar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lesnar1234 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 pm

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mittu_in » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:11 pm

What i ve heard is that co2 is banned for import. You can only import .177 compressed air guns , less than 600fps ,which will cost you between 10k to 80k.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:11 pm

Mittu I don't think there is a ban on importing a co2 gun as I had one and lots of guys have them. Its just a pain to get your hands on cartridges, which are freely available in Mumbai and other places.

Oh I forgot even my QB 78 is a Co2 rifle which came in by post/courier and its rated at 750fps.

Lesnar take a look at pyramid air for the makes and then try ordering it from shops that send to India.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

lesnar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lesnar1234 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:03 am

thanks for your reply guys.. :)

BTW how much would it cost for import of the gun?????
the cost of gun is 1500INR, so how much money do i need to pay extra ?????

and one more thing .... in case i buy the gun, what about 0.177cal steel/copper head BBs and co2 cartridges?????? can i get them in Mumbai ??????

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:56 am

Actually you should go for a Beretta 92 f or a Walther cp88 version as then its worth going through all the shipping costs and all. Remember that plastic air pistols wear out faster and Crosman's aren't built to last. They are meant to be replaced in a few years.

Dev

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 am

Hi Lesnar,

I think dev is right. The C11 wont keep you happy for long with regards to many of the needs you mentioned..

Its a pain to get the thing to india. So make it worth it. The Beretta ones have excellent build. The CP88 is also a great pistol. Both Beretta and Walther have excellent replicas.

As far as blowback goes, its a waste. It affects the accuracy a lot and personally I feel, makes the gun a toy.

On another note, Co2 pistols will always have low power compared to other power sources. The powerlets are available all over bangalore too, albeit at a premium.

Why dont you get a pump action instead? I've had the Crosman 1377 for years and haven't seen another pistol at the price that can match its power or accuracy. Its also got a lot of mod options.

As far as Co2 pistols from Crosman, I've got the 1008. Its a really good pistol, but its not metal. The accuracy is good at upto 15-20 yards and so is the power. Its a great plinker and would definitely recommend it for any beginner with Co2.

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mittu_in » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:46 am

hi dev

Can you plz tell me the name of the sites which are shipping co2 pistols to India. Do they easily pass through customs?

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mittu_in » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:52 am

Dev,

Do you have any idea from where we can buy blank firing guns. Can we import them like co2 or they are available in India.

Cheers

yash3_great

Re: Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

Post by yash3_great » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:12 am

How about a PCP? Tim at Mac1 Airguns can ship a P17 Beeman. Excellent value for money at USD 45.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:46 pm

These CO2 air pistols will not give you any great velocity to write home about. Not that I have tried doing that. I own a Beretta and previously had a Walther.

AMK

lesnar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lesnar1234 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:56 am

Thanks for your replies. :)

@Mo,
yourr post was really informative...

But i donno why C11 still goes in my mind..
The C11 fulfills my following requirements--
thats sufficient for me(even though its made of plastic except for a few parts)

the crosman 1377 as you said indeed is a great gun but what i need is a compact gun + gun with an magazine + multishot
thats why the 1377 dosent meet my requirements

and you said--
"The powerlets are available all over bangalore too, albeit at a premium. "
would you plz throw some light on it.
by powerlets you mean CO2 powerlets, right????
if yes where to find it in mumbai and whats the cost????
and what about 0.177cal copperhead BBs ????????

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:34 am

Hi Lesnar,

Looks like you've found your mate then..

Though I would still recommend a full metal construction for years of fun. They offer more scope for mods too. A laser can be mounted on any gun as long as you can get the mount.

As far as the number of shots go, dont go by the advertised numbers. Expect about 30-60 full power shots depending on temperature and other variables.
and you said--
"The powerlets are available all over bangalore too, albeit at a premium. "
would you plz throw some light on it.
When I said they're available at a premium, I meant, expect to pay 3-4 times the actual price. Maybe more! Definitely not worth it.
by powerlets you mean CO2 powerlets, right????
Well, I was referring to the Co2 Canisters. Powerlet is the name given by Crosman to their Co2 canisters. They invented it and decided to call it powerlets. The 12gm canister is called Powerlet and the 88gm one is called AirSource.

I'm not sure where to find em in mumbai. Never been there! lol.. Send a PM to Dev. I'm sure he'd know.

About BB's, I dont know whether you get Copperheads in India. But i'm sure you can find other makes. If you can source em, try lead BBs from Gamo. They're light as the regular BBs but safer since lead ones dont recochet as much as the steel ones.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

Post by dev » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:27 am

mittu_in";p="41710 wrote: Dev,

Do you have any idea from where we can buy blank firing guns. Can we import them like co2 or they are available in India.

Cheers
The theory is that you can but customs is a different matter altogether. I was told by one chap that the customs guys will get a gunsmith along and he will insist that you have got it to convert it into a real gun etc. So that's what keeps me away from them.

hi dev

Can you plz tell me the name of the sites which are shipping co2 pistols to India. Do they easily pass through customs?
You can buy gas pistols from mac1airgun and a few more places that I can't recall at the moment. Just write emails to the various online shops and they'll tell you. In England there is an air gun dealer who is very decent and even writes into our forum. Just go through the archives.

Regards,

Dev
P.S. Easily and customs is an oxy-moron. You should get the relevant documents from the NRAI website and get yourself a state rifle association membership and then place your order. After that chant your favourite mantra as you draw all your energy and patience to face the customs. Basically you have to stay calm and polite and they are nice to you.

lesnar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lesnar1234 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:16 pm

i have asked one of my local airgun dealer if he can arrange the gun for me..

but as you said the powerlets are much costlier thats why i feel not to go for the gun..
in one of the threads over here i read that powerlets cost around 150-200INR sometimes even more than that ... if thats the case and you get 40 shot per powerlet then the cost per shot would be around Rs.5.... thats costly :(