• Advertisement
Ballistol.in - one stop shop for gun care

CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).

Postby striker » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:13 pm

tenx
take ur current adapter and butler co2 cylinder to a skilled lathe/ co2 adapter fabricator .he will design the adapter to fit the co2 cylinder thread and the other end will be replica of the current adapter small thread.


pls see this this youtube video to have rough idea on piercing on the cylinder valve

I hope this will help u :-)




Thanks
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby TenX » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks Striker.
I will take this project up the coming week and see how successful I get. :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Postby striker » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 am

for precise idea :-)

Image

Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Postby Shankar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi Ten X,

You are always welcome to fill the cylinder from the bulk one I have,but freeze the little cylinder and put it in an ice bucket with ice before you plan to come over. This should help to fill the marked weight stamped on the nozzle.
When you fill your Co2 pistolwith this try rubbing a little ice over the pistol cylinder and this will help to get consistency over 25 shots.
I have tried the butlers' cylinder by machining an adapter with seals on both sides. Just added more junk to the existing pile. But if you can get it right
then it is a cheaper and easier alternative.
best regards......... Shankar
Shankar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Bangalore

Postby TenX » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks so much Shankar. Will discuss more in detail when we meet up on Sunday...
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Postby striker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Tenx
on the adapter the small male thread is 1/8 npt thread?

cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby TenX » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Yes, I think so :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby striker » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 pm

tenx
what is the status of your adapter else i have a simple solution :wink:

cheers
sankar
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby TenX » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 pm

striker wrote:tenx
what is the status of your adapter else i have a simple solution :wink: ...


Frankly Striker, I have just not been able to get around working on it. Any suggestions is more than welcome :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby sawbones » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Hey tenx

Recently I got an ihp co2 for repair I live in the middle of cg and gas is an extremely rare thing to get around here and also the problem of the gutys not filling unfamiliar cylenders due to many legal problems including that of this being part of a weapon.

I got a soda maker from a kabadi and a bolt that was the size of the pistol inlet. drilled a hole in the bolt and welded this to the outlet of the soda maker release knob and this works fine.

Also when you go to the shop and say you want a soda refill they are very sympathetic, but if you go and say gun then you are in trouble as the naxal are starts 10 km down the road.

By the way whats your score with the ihp. if youhave any furhter trouble tell me .

Have to go now but willl try to post a picture of my jugard when i get back

sawbones
The impossible just takes more time
sawbones
 
Posts: 93
Age: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 pm
Location: india

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby TenX » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:48 pm

sawbones wrote:Hey tenx

Recently I got an ihp co2 for repair I live in the middle of cg and gas is an extremely rare thing to get around here and also the problem of the gutys not filling unfamiliar cylenders due to many legal problems including that of this being part of a weapon.

I got a soda maker from a kabadi and a bolt that was the size of the pistol inlet. drilled a hole in the bolt and welded this to the outlet of the soda maker release knob and this works fine.

Also when you go to the shop and say you want a soda refill they are very sympathetic, but if you go and say gun then you are in trouble as the naxal are starts 10 km down the road.

By the way whats your score with the ihp. if youhave any furhter trouble tell me .

Have to go now but willl try to post a picture of my jugard when i get back

sawbones

Sawboines.. Thanks for th info. Will wait for your pic.
I am trying to make time and connection with a friend who can make a good adapter for me. Lets hope I meet him, or I will probably do what you have :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby striker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:52 pm

TenX wrote:
striker wrote:tenx
what is the status of your adapter else i have a simple solution :wink: ...


Frankly Striker, I have just not been able to get around working on it. Any suggestions is more than welcome :)



hi tenx :D
Here is a simple solution that i have found in net after a small search.In general Co2 cylinders have cga 320 thread ,both paintball tank and soda stream cylinders like Mr butlers soda cylinder have same thread but with different sealing arrangement. The former have o ring to seal the two contact during
tighten ,but the later should have a nylon or rubber washer to seal the area between the cga 320 male thread and the female cga 320 adapter .In paint ball terms the paintball thread is commonly know as ASA thread
So you need a Asa to 1/8" npt adapter + Nylon or rubber washer to seal the gas (washer is placed inside the female thread of the ASA female Thread and the the co2 cylinder to be tightened) + soda cylinder like Mr butler soda cylinder



ASA Female thread to 1/8" Npt male thread Adapter

Image

Available at
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/inde ... cts_id=223


Nylon /rubber washer

Image

Available at http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/inde ... ts_id=1082


Soda Cylinder

Image


Available at http://www.mrbutlers.com/appliances/lin ... ieces.html


Paint ball thread ( just for reference )

Image



I hope this is clear dude :wink:

cheers
sankar
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby TenX » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Sankar.
I meant to reply earlier.
Thanks a bunch for all this information :)
I guess next week would be when I will hopefully finish working on this...
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
TenX
 
Posts: 1875
Age: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Bangalore, INDIA

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby striker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:08 pm

TenX wrote:Sankar.
I meant to reply earlier.
Thanks a bunch for all this information :)
I guess next week would be when I will hopefully finish working on this...



Good Tenx :D Try to post your experience along with the adapter pics when you are done

Btw the Adapter are always ready for buy online ..

cheers
sankar
striker
 
Posts: 698
Age: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: CO2 for IHP CO2 Air Pistol

Postby sol » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi TenX. Any joy on the HW77?

Sol
sol
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: India, Goa

PreviousNext

Return to Air Guns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests