The one that didnt get away...

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

The one that didnt get away...

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Hi People,
A great trip earlier this month, seems like I am getting the family into fishing after all.This was a short break to Siliser Lake, on a weekend trip to Sariska.
Best
Axx

Atta being loaded-Me on Left, Sunny Jind mentoring…

Siliser lake, near Alwar
The first…
The Second
Do we have a bite?
Grandstand view
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: The one that didnt get away...

Post by Vikram » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Congrats, Jefe. Great pics, nicer fish and fun with family and friends.

But,why do both the fish look like twins,including the expression? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Best-
vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:27 pm

Vikram,
So did the other two! Am wondering if I have 2 pics of the same fish posted!! ;)
It'll remain a fishy tale allright!
Best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:47 am

Way Hey - Asif caught a fish !
Well done mate - and I hope that they are the first of many.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:58 am

Hi nice Hunt!!!!can u suggest me spec. for buying a fishing rod (Amature fisher) -Good ,Cheap & reliable..i dont know much about fishing,but hav intrest in it ,,so plz help me what should i check before buying it,,,what other accesories should i purchase(as i have seen many other things in the shop along with the rod-What things a essential for it?) plz do help. Thanx
Grumpy";p="7996 wrote: Way Hey - Asif caught a fish !
Well done mate - and I hope that they are the first of many.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:15 am

HI Badshah,
I am a rank amateur! The right guide would be Mack The Knife. I use a Shakespeare Ugly stik, 'medium' 12 lb load, 3/8 ounce lure weight.Reel is a Pflueger-10 lb. Whole deal cost me about 75USD-this included line, swivels, hooks and a couple of lures.CAnt get easier than this.I suggest you PM Mack The Knife -He'll give you a checklist which you can follow with complete confidence.I read your post in which you mention bringing down a load of gun related accessories-where are you based?If US, I'm sure you can get some great bargains now, being christmas time...Look for rod reel combo's.Also check out cabelas.com and basspro.com for decent offers.The whole terminology was gibberish to me until I went on a trip with Mack The Knife and saw all the gear being used-since then , daylight dawned ;)and its been shining ever since! :) My only other experience was with a bamboo 'chadi' ,3-4m line and atta/earthworm on a hook...
Best, and stay in touch
Axx

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:43 am

Way to go Asif..

That is a nice fish....nothing compared to a day out with friends and family... :)

Keep on doin it sir... :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Well done amigo mio - on both counts.

Came back from my first blank trip yesterday. It was dedicated to rohu only and barring a lunch and tea break I was in the coracle from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Got two mild bites early in the day and nothing after that. Mind you, they were jumping all over the lake. What a bloody heartbreaker and yet I gladly take one of these blank days to being in a city.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Did you catch it on aata? If so, was it laced with anything? Ask Sunny what my chances are in Shahpura (Rajasthan) (22nd to 26th Dec.), what fish to expect and what bait to use. Thanks.
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Badshah,

Post your query at www.indianangler.com

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Mack The Knife,
We got the aata from the tea shop/Thekedar licence outlet.
Had it mixed by the boy there.Must have been something in his chai!;) or the previous night's dal bhatti churna :) :)
We tried desultorily with spoons/ plugs/poppers/spinners/bucktails and even short spell with bobber and worm! then up came the aata and out came the fish.
Will sms info about your query.
Right now there's a major 3 way PM ing going on for the Moran...you should see the smirk on my face-Miss the Police Model Spidey though-hope I find it...
Best
Axx

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 pm

Right now there's a major 3 way PM ing going on for the Moran...you should see the smirk on my face
Should have bought shares in Spyderco before putting up that post! ;)
Miss the Police Model Spidey though-hope I find it...
Stop being a tight git and buy a Manix (Plain Edge!!!). Now that's a mother of a folder.

I wonder how Inder is going to make it past customs with all those knives - four of his, two of mine and your Moran.

Could have shown you the Cara Cara as well but the chap Inder sent my fishing tackle with wouldn't take a pen knife. Not that I have received my fishing tackle or even a name or an address to pick them up from. What the hell is going on, Inder?

Mack The Knife

P.S.: E-mail the replies to my questions - in proper English. Your text speak SMSs takes me an age to decipher besides raising my BP. :evil: :wink:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:43 pm

Saw the manix-112 bucks or something-but the thrill of owning a Moran-something else...got mouths to feed massa-will show you the latest money spender project when you get here.When I type-its carpal tunnel syndrome, when i sms, its blueberry thumb-I better go fishing instead;)
Your BP-we will take care of-take you out fishing!
Best
Axx

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Asif, get the Manix and don't give me that mouths to feed routine. They can eat Cadburys for sometime instead of Godivas. What's more, your son or daughter will thank you for it when he/she comes of age and the Manix is no longer being made and probably costs a kidney on E-bay.

As for the other matter, I'd rather you suffer carpal tunnel syndrome than me turning homicidal. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:31 pm

Asif,

Congratulations on the first two catches! I have always had a bad record fishing over the years and when we were in Wisconsin, I would go out with friends and relax on their boat with some nice, chilled beer in hand instead of trying to fish. :lol:

Hope you catch many, many more in the years to come!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:02 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="8021 wrote: I wonder how Inder is going to make it past customs with all those knives - four of his, two of mine and your Moran
Mack The Knife
Two.......which two :? :? I've only one cara cara for you... :? :?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...