These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Indians For Guns. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Expected Code of Conduct
Based on feedback from the membership, as well as much deliberations amongst the moderators here, we have decided to make some (rather drastic) changes to the expected code of conduct here. If some members feel that some/ all of these changes are not appropriate OR that more are required - you are requested to voice your opinion on this thread. While we DO NOT promise to incorporate any suggestions, we will most certainly consider each one on it's merits.
Please keep in mind the following rules BEFORE posting on these boards, these rules are to be observed without exception by both the moderators and the members. -
1. NO profanity/ swear words - first time offenders will be warned and the post edited, a repeat offence may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
2. NO posting of illegal content - this could be insinuations/ direct admissions of participating in/ abetting an illegal act, it could be posting something which encourages someone to engage in an illegal act or helps them do so, it could be posting pictures/ text of an illegal nature. By illegal here, we are referring to INDIAN LAWS. You are all smart people, I think you know what we mean - first time offenders will be warned and the post edited, repeat offences may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
3. NO THREATS of physical harm against another member - this will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the site.
4. NO racial/ religious/ castist/ regional slurs NOR any post which denigrates any community will be allowed - basically NO BIGOTRY will be tolerated here. Members making such posts will be immediately and permanently banned.
5. Any member trying to circumvent a temporary ban, by posting under another ID will be issued a permanent ban immediately!
6. NO TEXT SPEAK/ SMS LINGO will be tolerated here. We have no beef with poor grammar, merely laziness in typing out a proper post. First time offenders will have the offending post(s) deleted, repeat offenders will be warned. Failure to heed moderator warnings will result in the user account being suspended.
This is a privately owned venue and we aren't bashful when it comes to asking the unruly to leave....no matter who you are.
About personal attacks:
While we would prefer that members attack the post, but not the guy who posted it, SO LONG AS the above 6 rules are NOT broken - WE WILL ALLOW IT.
If you feel that another member has broken one or more of the above rules, please PM the moderators with the thread link (you can do this simply by clicking on the exclamation mark in a rectangle displayed on the top right hand corner of every post).
Bans will be issued based on the severity of the infraction. Minor offences, will be usually dealt with by warning the member via PM. Failure to heed to warnings will lead to a 24 hour suspension/ ban from the site, a repeat offence will result in a 1 week suspension/ ban from the site, members who still fail to mend their ways will be issued a permanent ban. Major infractions may also result in a member being issued a direct permanent ban!
While an elaborate discussion on online etiquette (netiquette) is beyond the scope of this discussion, seeing that many of our members are newbies (to online forums) and just to get them started off - I would suggest reading the following 2 pages:
http://www.blackwidows.org.uk/clients/i ... /tips.html
We hope this would leave little room for any doubt in anyone's mind as to the expected code of conduct here. It has been greatly simplified from what it was earlier, allowing for freer discussions/ debates or even plain 'ol arguments!
Team IFG #
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://www.indiansforguns.com . Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members.
- Legal Disclaimer
- All original content posted on this group is licensed under a . By posting on this group, you implicitly agree to releasing your posted writings under the terms of this [url=http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">Creative Commons License.
- No part of any posting on this group should be viewed as legal advice. The reader must take full and complete responsibility for the laws regarding firearms in his jurisdiction as well as proper safety precautions involving every facet of firearms and related components. Any and all of the contents of postings on this group may contain errors, and it is the responsibility of the reader to check with his local law enforcement authorities as to the laws which dictate how, when, why, and where he may use firearms in any situation.
- Forum rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "Great site!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Info on getting a fresh handgun license", "Cannot locate xxx co. dealers in Bangalore", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting of any sort, be it for paid or unpaid jobs, is not permitted either. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Indiansforguns.com Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support for Indiansforguns.com. Such links may only be to *.indiansforguns.com or approved material. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you officially represent Indiansforguns.com. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in file size and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- PLEASE NOTE http://www.indiansforguns.com exists to support gun enthusiasts, shooters and sportsmen.
- Users are advised that answers to their queries are given by other users as a way of helping out fellow enthusiasts. Therefore http://www.indiansforguns.com undertakes no guarantee as to the accuracy or veracity of the information contained in these answers.
- Ask nicely!! None of the members are under any sort of obligation to answer your queries, so if you wish to increase the chances of getting positive and useful responses to your queries, you are advised to phrase your questions properly and politely request assistance from other members. Demanding an answer will usually end up as nothing more than flame bait.
- While members may be able to provide useful information, if you are looking for support on a specific commercially available product/ service, users of these boards should also seek support at the site of the manufacturer/ provider of the product/ service.
- This forum SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be used to post queries related to seeking help for ANY illegal activities, including (but not limited to) acquiring illegal firearms or ammunition. Such posts will be deleted and depending on severity the poster will receive an immediate warning or be temporarily/ permanently banned from this site.
- Support is offered only via these forums. Do not contact team members privately (via any method) to ask for support. Users found to be contacting team members asking for support will be warned.
- Before posting a question users are asked to try and find information themselves. This includes reading relevant documentation for example the Arms Act and Arms Rules, the Knowledge Base (coming soon) and using Search. Users who persistently ask questions without showing any desire to help themselves should expect to receive at best a delayed response and at worst no response at all.
- When posting a support question bumping is permitted only after 24 hours have elapsed since the last post to that topic. The system will soon be updated to enforce this automatically, meanwhile users who abuse this will be warned.
Members should note this software and board are maintained on a voluntary basis. No team member receives payment of any kind for time spent here. Users should therefore not post demanding support, bug fixes, etc. Users who disrespect the work of team members will be warned.
- Linking offsite
- If the purveyor of relevant product(s)/ service(s) maintains their own support board (or uses someone else?s board) they may direct users to that board or site for the purpose of offering support and/or updates to their products(s)/ services(s). Alternatively authors may maintain a topic here at http://www.indiansforguns.com (in the appropriate forum) for each item they produce, directing users to that topic where appropriate. Such topics are intended for support only and not for general promotion of products, sites, and so forth.
- Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render support to fellow members in response to a query (including requests for information not available at this site). Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated to Guns/ Shooting/ Related Sporting Activities or where linked material is not relevant to a given support request.
- Members who maintain related forums may be allowed a link within the Resources section (coming soon) of this site. Members should contact the website team leader to propose their site.
- General linking (within posts) to other sites is generally not permitted. Exceptions may be made where links are being offered in a "support context".
- Show Off
- www.indiansforguns.com DOES NOT provides a general fora or other solution for users to promote their sites. Consistent with Rules 2j, 6b and 6d users may not promote their sites through their own posts. Such posting constitutes spam and may lead to a warning. Users or other persons wishing to advertise at http://www.indiansforguns.com should contact the team members for more information.
- www.indiansforguns.com operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact the site Administrator, primarily Mundaire. His decision is final. Contacting group members over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... group members do not want to be bothered unless vital.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While http://www.indiansforguns.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
version 1.0.1 - 25/02/2009 #
- Legal Disclaimer
- Expected Code of Conduct
You must apply for trading access to sell items here
How To Gain Trading Access- You do not need to apply for access to browse the Classifieds only to sell or post a wanted advertisement.
*Please read all of this before asking questions. EVERY SINGLE WORD or you WILL fail. If you do ask a question and it is clearly covered here you will be added to a black list and will never have trading access. You will only need to apply once not every time you want to advertise.
We have decided to clamp down and try and improve the Classified Area of the forum. Recently the trading ethic has been poor, with many cases of dispute and many unhappy members. We feel this has come about due to the lack of ethic and experience that some of the newer members have as well as some long term members. To counter this, we will be enforcing a new system of access to the classifieds.
The New Application System
Signing up to this site will no longer get you direct (posting) access to the Classifieds sections. Members will have to apply to become part of the “Trading Area Access group" in order to gain (posting) access - as stated earlier everyone can automatically view the advertisements and need not apply for this. To be a successful applicant, you will need to meet following requirements:
1) Have been a member for a minimum of 1 month. Have at least 25 decent posts to your name with quality content (no one liner’s and not all from the day you apply). Before granting you access, the admin will check your post history and may or may not grant you access based on your performance. Your trading access may also be reviewed at any time and if it is found that after the first 25 posts you become a non contributing member towards the forums other than just being here to sell your wares your trading access may be removed.
2) In your application you will need to write a properly structured paragraph making it clear that you have read our rules, that you will abide by our rules and use the templates. SMS language and slang will get your application denied. We want to at least see that you have put a little effort in. Actually citing the rules expressed on this page is the surest way to convince us that you have read them and acknowledge the requirements of using the classifieds section. Simply saying that you have read the rules is NOT satisfactory - if you have indeed read this page you will notice this sentence and our specific request for citation of at least some of the rules! This needs to be in 100 words or less. We dont want your life story make it short and sweet. Just get to the point.
*ANY APPLICATION WITH A POORLY WRITTEN REQUEST WILL BE DENIED.
Acceptance or Rejection of Your Application
Trading requests will usually be processed at least once a week. If you are a successful applicant, you should receive an email and you will be able to make new posts in the classifieds section. You will NOT be notified by PM or email as to the status of your application. We just simply do not have the time to do this. Please do not PM moderators to find out what’s going on or why your application has not been approved. They will not reply. If it wasn't approved you haven't made it clear enough that you have read and understood what is written here. Please try again.
Once you have been successfully accepted into the Trading group, you will now be expected to adhere to the Trading Area Rules. Each new thread MUST be in the correct format (see below), and must be consistent with the rules stated in this thread. Any Breach of these rules will result in your trading access being removed permanently and your user name will be suspended/ permanently banned. No questions asked. Correct formats are as follows:
For Sale Format
The title/subject must be clear and to the point, It MUST also START with your state of residence just like this-[TN][KER][DEL] etc, ***If this is not done your ad WILL Be deleted*** Users must know exactly what they are opening if they decide to view the post.
ITEM: Full name and model etc.
CONDITION: Provide as much details as possible, try to give the buyer a visual description of what to expect from your words. (Bluing 80%, Stock 50%, Stock cracked near grip, stock has been repolished using varnish, chequering visible but eroded, bore 100%, bolt in good condition but slightly pitted etc)
PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: Such as negotiable, non-negotiable, will or will not consider selling parts separately.
REASON FOR SELLING: A lot of buyers will ask this so please provide a reason, even if its only to say that you need the money
EXTRA INFO: If there is any other info that you'd like to add put it here.
LOCATION: Where you live, and whether or not you are willing to do an interstate deal/ post the goods on offer within India/ restrictions on states you will post to etc
CONTACT: Via PM, email or your phone number. While we do not suggest posting your mobile number on an open forum, at the end of the day this is your choice.
PICTURES: If you don’t have pictures, wait till you click photos of from a few angles and post them here along with your advert. Any advert without clear photos of the actual goods on sale will be deleted. Photos taken from other websites/ manufacturers standard photos will NOT BE ACCEPTABLE. The photos MUST be of the item you are selling, preferably taken from a few different angles.
[DEL] Brno .22 LR Rifle Model 1
Brno .22 LR Rifle Model 1, five shot magazine with spare 10 shot magazine. Factory fitted open sights.
Used, but in perfect working order. 75% of original bluing intact (never been reblued), stock has a small dent in the rear and signs of usage but no cracks or other serious damage.
PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS:
INR 1,00,000/-. Face to face sale only.
REASON FOR SELLING:
Buying another rifle, so need to free up a slot on my license.
Was bought by me brand new in 1980, original import paperwork is still with me and license stamped by Delhi Customs.
Delhi, will deal face to face only.
Email : xyz [at] abc [dot] com
Please see following photobucket album: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Look here if you do not know how to Post Pics- http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5211
Variations on this template will not be accepted.
Copy and paste this below into your message body for the template-
CODE: Select all
[b]ITEM:[/b] [b]CONDITION:[/b] [b]PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS:[/b] [b]REASON FOR SELLING:[/b] [b]EXTRA INFO:[/b] [b]LOCATION:[/b] [b]CONTACT:[/b] [b]PICTURES:[/b]
Sold For Sale Posts
When your item/s have been sold please update the thread title(subject) with a SOLD. Do not delete the message Body
Example: [SOLD] Brno .22 LR Rifle Model 1
Now for the rules
#1- NO COMMERCIAL SELLERS ARE ALLOWED. Whether you are an arms dealer OR simply run a small enterprise trading in items which could be of interest to members here, please do not apply for trading access! The classified here are meant for individual members who wish to sell items surplus to their needs and NOT for businesses. If your application is accepted, and later on it turns out that this is a commercial enterprise for you - your trading access will be permanently removed. IF YOU ARE an Arms dealer/ Commercial seller/ Manufacturer etc. please feel free to create a FREE listing under the Yellow Pages section here, DO NOT advertise in the classified here OR post links back to your products/ services etc. in your signature OR under any other section on this website. If and when we have in place a policy for paid advertisements, it will be announced here and you may then choose to use that service.
#2- NO PROXY SELLERS ALLOWED. This includes selling here on behalf of a friend who is not a member/ selling on behalf of an arms dealer/ other business/ previously banned members/ members here who do not have trading access etc. If it is not your own item you have for sale, DO NOT advertise it here. If it is discovered that you are proxy selling on behalf of anyone else, your trading access will be permanently removed.
#3- DO NOT post the item more than once in 7 days; Your For Sale/Wanted Item will be automatically deleted aprox 14 days after you submit it. It is fine to Re-advertise it after 7 days is up (from the time it gets deleted). DO NOT TRY AND GET YOUR ADVERT DELETED AND THEN JUST RE-ADVERTISE THE SAME ITEM AGAIN TO GET IT TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE. THIS "WILL" GET YOU BANNED FROM THIS SITE INSTANTLY - NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
#4- You may only have one single advert in any one classifieds section. So if you have multiple items they all need to be in the one post. If it is found that you have more than one ad in any one classified section your ads will be deleted. And your classifieds access will be removed.
#5- There is to be no EOI (Expressions Of Interest) or OFFERS without a price, you're either selling it or you are not. ALL ADVERTS MUST HAVE A PRICE LISTED
#6- If you have the item advertised on Ebay/ any other website you are more than welcome to advertise it here as well but it must have a price advertised here not just a link to your ebay ad/ other website. It must not be an over inflated price - such adverts will be deleted without warning and repeat offenders will loose their trading access. Once again - any posts without pricing will be removed.
#7- You are unable to reply to threads in any of the Classifieds sections; this includes your own threads. If you wish to add to your For Sale thread, you can edit your original post. Do not try and get your original thread deleted because you want to add to it and re-post it. This will get you banned from this site.
#8- DO NOT post items for sale in any other section than the For Sale sections. This includes posts posing as innocent "price checks", if you wish to get an idea of what your firearm is worth - contact 4-5 different arms dealers in your vicinity, adding 10% to the highest price quoted by a dealer should give you an estimate of the lower end of what it's worth.
#9- If there are any legal issues arising from a sale or purchase of an item from this forum then we will hand over every piece of information to the authorities so the matter can be dealt with no exceptions. So if your item is not legal don't advertise it here. (You "MUST" also sign off on your trading application with "A Big Carving Knife" Just in the application not every time you advertise) *If this isn't done its obvious you did not read this entire post and your application will be rejected.*
Your Title/ Subject MUST include the state at the START- [DEL] [HAR] [PUN] etc. ***If you dont do this your ad WILL be deleted***
It must also include details of what you are looking for. Users must know exactly what they are opening if they decide to view the post.
WANTED: Full name and model of the gun/ part/ accessory/ etc. you are after.
WILLING TO PAY: Let them no the price range you want to buy in.
WHERE: Tell them how far your willing to travel. Or if you are happy to pay postage.
CONTACT: Give your contact details, PM, Email or phone number.
[MAH] Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil Gun Stock Finish Kit
Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil Gun Stock Finish Kit
WILLING TO PAY:
Up to INR 1,600/-
Prefer Mumbai, MAH but happy to pay postage on actuals.
Via PM please.
Copy and paste this below into your message body for the template-
When your item/s have been found please update the thread title (subject) with a [FOUND] Do not delete the message Body
CODE: Select all
[b]WANTED:[/b] [b]WILLING TO PAY:[/b] [b]WHERE:[/b] [b]CONTACT:[/b]
Only one wanted ad every 14 days. If you want more than one thing it needs to be in the one ad.
If your trading access has been removed you will "NOT" get a message explaining why. It is up to you to re-read these rules and then contact webmaster [at] indiansforguns [dot] com (please do not contact me or any of the other mods via PM) and let the webmaster know what you did wrong and how you plan to fix it in the future. Only then will we consider if you will be allowed to continue trading here.
indiansforguns.com makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information or content provided on or accessible via, the indiansforguns.com site. Users must investigate for themselves the suitability, quality and condition of any item they wish to purchase. indiansforguns.com will not accept any legal liability for the information or content on, or accessible via, the indiansforguns.com site. It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it. You buy and sell here at your own risk. indiansforguns.com will not be held liable for any deals gone bad on this site. "Trader access status on this site does not imply that the site, its owners, or its adminstrators endorse any trader. It means only that the Trader has agreed to comply with the site's rules for formatting advertisements." Rules may be updated at any time without notice at the discretion of the moderator team.
Lastly some advice; if you are buying something from someone you don't know. Get every aspect of the purchase in detail and try to do it through a proper email address (ie: not a hotmail or yahoo account). If someone has internet access then they will have a legitimate ISP account (mtnl/ bsnl/ airtel/ hathway etc.). It would also be advisable to obtain their land line numbers and maybe even a copy of their license.
By signing up to the classifieds section, you are agreeing that you have read ALL of the above and that you agree to abide by all conditions.
It's obvious if you have not read the rules, and if you haven't and you still sign up anyway, its unlikely you will ever gain access.
*If you do not fit the requirements stated above, your application will be denied. And it could be up to a month before a new application will be considered
Think this is all too hard? It’s supposed to be! If you cannot make the effort to apply for trading access then there would be little chance of you ever abiding by these rules anyway so you may as well head over to Ebay, or some other website which isn't as concerned about it's members being short changed!
Send your applications Via e-mail to - webmaster [at] indiansforguns [dot] com
DO NOT PM any moderators to apply, send your e-mails to above mentioned ID.
-- Team IFG #
- You must apply for trading access to sell items here