Invitation to Submit Logo Designs for NAGRI

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Invitation to Submit Logo Designs for NAGRI

Post by nagarifle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 am

mundaire wrote:Some great work there gents! :) Will try and give detailed feedback by today evening.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
why are we waiting, why are we waiting?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am

Working on getting some funds for this job.
Sir, am ready to chip in some small amount.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:12 pm

put my name on the list please
Nagarifle

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:17 am

another nice day today to watch the NAGRI stickrs in the making
Nagarifle

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:04 am

Will submit my logo soon.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:06 pm

my 2 cents.
regards
dr.jk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Good effort by lots of people.

I really liked the last image by dr.jayakumar, clean and sophisticated! I'd vote for this one.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:54 pm

2 more logos for nagri.
regards
dr.jk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi All,
Sorry for late submit of the logo. But it really took one to decide best to choose. This is my final logo and I hope you all will like it.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:10 am

nice one zaheer.bakshi, any more?
Nagarifle

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 am

Naga Sir,
Are there any consolation prizes too...as i dont find me standing anywhere infront of these supperr logos but i did ignited the fire :-)
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm

i am sure there ought to be. if not so it should be so, any way i am on the top 3 list for prizes. soorry
Nagarifle

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:28 am

When invitations came for logo design of NAGRI
the challenge was like fire lit inside a Sigree,

Designs rolled out like bullets from an Automatic
while some fit the bill others were just Fantastic,

The suspense is building as nails bitten & gone
now waiting for final select & the winner to blow his horn!!!
:cheers:
Briha

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 am

hang on to your paint brushes ladies and gents, i just heard over the cyber rumors that a feed back is coming in soon. so keep those those paints ready.
Nagarifle

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Gentlemen, first up apologies for not posting on this thread for so many days. I was preoccupied elsewhere and while I was checking in regularly via mobile, I was unable to take out time to boot up the computer to post a proper response here.

Yesterday Skeetshot and I also had a chance to catch up and amongst other things discuss the great designs submitted by our enthusiastic and very talented members! :) :cheers:

Of the designs submitted so far, we liked elements of some of the work submitted by both Siddikpatel and Brihacharan. However, of the submissions made so far we feel that (with a few changes), one of the last batches submitted by Brihacharan could do the trick - http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/briha ... 9.jpg.html . The elements we liked of this design were - simplicity and ability to adapt to a B&W colour format without loosing the essence of the logo. While we liked many of the other designs submitted, we felt that they would be more suitable to a shooting club/ community of gun enthusiasts and were too 'aggressive', so would not be appropriate for representing NAGRI.

The changes (to the above design) we were thinking of centre around what NAGRI stands for and represents:-

1. We need to remove the crossed guns. While they do look nice, we feel that they convey an overly militant image and would be more appropriate to (and appreciated by) gun/ shooting enthusiasts. But NAGRI seeks wide appeal amongst the general public to generate awareness and positive impact regarding the basic Natural/ Human Right to Self-Defence and by extension the tools with which to exercise this right (guns). Promoting gun ownership amongst the most vulnerable sections of society like women/ the elderly is one of NAGRI's central goals, so maybe we can think of using something there which would represent this better?

I am just thinking aloud here, if some of you recall there was a photo by Oleg Volk which had a mother carrying a baby on each arm, another child by her side (clinging to her dress/ hiding to her side) and the mother was aiming a pistol with her outstretched right hand. In my mind this image conveyed very powerfully how guns help save lives/ prevent crime, in this case a mother protecting her children and herself from an (unseen) attacker. Could this image be somehow represented in a black silhouette just below NAGRI & the website URL? OK I just found the image http://smallestminority.blogspot.in/200 ... ption.html . This image is a frontal view, so maybe will not translate very well to a black silhouette... could the same concept be rendered as a sideways view?

Another idea could be a silhouette of an elderly, slightly bent figure leaning on a cane with one hand and hand outstretched holding a pistol in the other.

Just throwing up ideas here, not requirements! If there are any other ideas on how to best convey the urgent need for citizen gun ownership graphically (especially amongst women/ the elderly), please do share them here. :)

2. We need to remove the reference to Article 21 from the logo. This element adds needless confusion as there is no clear judicial ruling unequivocally equating Article 21 of the Indian constitution with the right to keep & bear arms.

3. We can do away with Dark orange borders separating the inner & outer areas of the roundel, at least for print. I am given to understand that each additional colour adds to printing cost? If needed, we could use a black separator in stead, what say?

Last but not the least. The contest is still OPEN! Considering the enthusiastic participation and the fact that there are now three prizes to be won in this competition, we'll work in a prize for runners up as well.

Once again, thank you all for so generously putting in your time & sweat in to helping NAGRI and of course your very talented contributions submitted here! Keep them coming gents and lets get the stickers, etc. rolling of the press and in to the hands of members soon :) :clap:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein