Police Verification for PP waived for Minors (REALLY ?)

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Police Verification for PP waived for Minors (REALLY ?)

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Much noise is made about how efficient the MEA has become, especially wrt PP allocation. Our PM and MEA also made a big scene about utilizing the Aadhaar card and how PV would be redundant if Aadhaar card is submitted. So here's our experience and the followup complaint that I registered today on the MEA site. They say the turnaround time (due date) is 13/02/2015. All this while the *acche din* promised PP delivered in 15 days:

The complaint I registered on MEA's PP grievance form:

My son, ABC, is 10 (TEN) yr old student. I hold a valid PP#XXXX. My wife (XXXX) holds a valid PP#XXXX with my (spouse) name duly endorsed. My perm address is at Dadar (Mumbai). In my son's appli form I had CLEARLY mentioned with the details that he holds an expired pp (exp 2010). Yet my wife was made to pay a penalty of Rs. 2000 under "SUPPRESSION OF FACTS" (TH2PXXXXX). MIND YOU THE PENALTY RECPT ALSO SHOWS SERVICE AS "FRESH". Simply because instead of "Reissue" I had put in a "Fresh" request ! Now check your website and see how confusing the FAQ is. Still it does not qualify under Suppression of information.

Today my mom at our perm address gets a visit from Dadar Police Station and we are asked to present ourselves. WHY ??? As per your own rules for minor PV is waived if parents hold VALID PP which we do. How is your dept/ PPO/ PSK reneging on your own rules ? Please explain. Expect prompt action from you and redressal. Thank you for doing your job.

Regards,
A.
COMPLAINT REF# XXXXX

Mind you the son's Aadhaar card had also been submitted.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ankur_ank007

Re: Police Verification for PP waived for Minors (REALLY ?)

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi,

Your issue seems genuine. "Suppression of facts" doesn't mean "Human Error" in mentioning Fresh instead of Reissue.... Since you have already mentioned your son's expired PP details and every other detail correctly, you have not suppressed any information.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 am

Guys Diwali is around the corner the poor constables and staff at the Police Stations also have a right to enjoy themselves on Diwali.
MEA rules can change and the PM is not a permanent fixture, but the constable and his family is real and permanent.

Therefore, it is your fault that you applied when Diwali is due.

Atul

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:44 am

Police verification of minors is waived only if the spouse name is endorsed in one of the passports of the parents and is a fresh issue .But I believe a expired passport could be reissued without verification if there is no change in address along with parents passport to support. I had a run in with these people where I needed to get my wife's passport reissued with my name endorsed ,surname and address change.The problem arose when I found out that my pin code is in one district and the police station in another .My civilian district has two police district and this was clearly a system data issue .I wrote to the rto and the appleatte authority without any response ,so I raised a complaint which was closed next day asking me to visit the psk camp in my city.On my scheduled date they told me to select the police station correctly and use the pincode for the police station and they cannot correct the same .I grudgingly agreed .After about 19 days even the police verification was not initiated as there was a change of address.I raised a complaint on pg portal and lo behold ,the next day the passport went for printing and dispatched in 3 days ,without police verification !!!!

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Prior reply did not get listed - so here it goes again.

My apologies for late reply. Looks like I am better suited for a job with the MEA from whom I still haven't received any reply. :-) I escalated the issue online to PMO and the PP was delivered within next week. PMO got a fan. :-) regs, A.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:34 pm

I had to have my 1 week old daughter have police verified and fingerprinted. That too because Comissioner police and local SP knew us and made things "easy"
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 pm

shooter wrote:I had to have my 1 week old daughter have police verified and fingerprinted. That too because Comissioner police and local SP knew us and made things "easy"
No matter how much we try to blame the British rulers, fact remains that they had some sense of ethics and morality to respect the dignity and privacy of the individual. That is why they enacted the Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920 for taking fingerprints and other measurements of suspects and convicts only. The depravity and degeneration of the present ruling elite is boundless, they want to reduce every person to the status of suspect or convict and take their fingerprints. Do not know how and when all this is going to end.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:52 pm

1) passport is an identity document so does not police check. Same as adhar card. It has nothing to do with crime.

2) only in India does one (without contacts) have to tell the police where they want to travel to in that verification. "I want it as an ID" is not good enough reason. In another incident I was asked by the police to lie and give the name of any country for their filing purpose as they said passport is NOT for ID not as a right but it is a travel document.

3) again one of the few countries which even has a system like "ecnr" which has to be applied for. The default position is that emigration check is required from govt. this is wrong on two levels. One is there is no freedom to leave the country as one pleases which is like being in prison. Please note ecnr has nothing to do with visa. By default according to govt of India every Indian is a criminal since passport has ecr position not ecnr. secondly if you are giving passport as a ecr document not as ecnr document then you are only issuing it as an ID document. In which case why police checks
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:40 pm

1) The premise for requirement of police report/ verification is that no suspect or convict might escape the due process of law of the country. Instead of maintaining a list of suspects and convicts who have forfeited their right to get passport and leave the country, they have implicitly declared every citizen of the country as a suspect or criminal. Because of this, the corrupt policemen have got a mighty lever to extract bribes from every citizen. If anyone does not pay the bribe, he will have to run from pillar to post and spend loads of money to get passport and justice. Therefore most of the practically thinking applicants end up complying with the wishes of corrupt policemen.

Less said about the Aadhar card the better it is. As mentioned earlier, since it is unlawful to force anyone to provide fingerprints and other personal measurements, it needs the force of law(Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920) to force only the suspects and convicts to give their fingerprints etc. When citizens are asked to provide their fingerprints and similar measurements for Aadhar card, their relationship with the State is being reduced from free citizens to equal of suspects and convicts. How many well meaning citizens of this country understand this crucial aspect is another serious question. It is also because of the ignorance of these type of people, the things are the way they are.

2) Of course passport is an identity document for foreign travel. Since India is a corrupt country, the laws and grievance redressal mechanisms are made in a manner that are loaded in favor of the ruling elite.

3) What is the condition for getting ECNR in the passport? Is it submitting the copy of graduation certificate along with the passport application? This is what i had heard from someone. If yes then the premise for ECR appears that persons who are not graduates might not leave the country without any availability of confirmed job in foreign country.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992