When I met Don Anderson!

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: When I met Don Anderson!

Post by Mr.Shome » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:24 am

This post stirred some poignant memories of a bygone era. Anyone interested in his life and times would perhaps do well to read, 'The Last White Hunter', by Joshua Matthew.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:41 pm

A small trivia about the legendary Don:
The BSA Motorcycle used in that epic song from the cult Bollywood movie 'Sholay' belonged to him. Back in time, Don sometimes rode back on his motorcycles carrying a hunted Leopard on the petrol tank, with one of his girlfriends riding pillion. Sounds unbelievable but true!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:07 am

Never heard such stories. Donald Anderson was shy in nature and use to live with his passion.
About his girlfriends etc is a new thing I heard.
I know that KA has a leopard cub at his house for some time. He rescued that cub abandoned on a forest road later he released that in jungle.
I have a question that what was the last hunt of Don. Any details available with any of us.
Regards

Shivaji

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:35 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:07 am
Never heard such stories. Donald Anderson was shy in nature and use to live with his passion.
I know that KA has a leopard cub at his house for some time. He rescued that cub abandoned on a forest road later he released that in jungle.
I have a question that what was the last hunt of Don. Any details available with any of us.
:evil:
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:07 am
Hi Shivaji,
Kenneth Anderson, shortly before his death, made Donald promise to stop hunting and Donald honoured this promise. So, I guess, he last hunted before making this promise, but I'm not sure about his last specific hunt. Will let you know, if I manage to find out.

Yes, there are many aspects of Don's and Kenneth's lives that I got to know from this book - The Last White Hunter.

Regards.