Pune: ‘Drunk’ cop dozes off on footpath, finds pistol and cartridges stolen

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:36 am

A cop from Ahmednagar comes to Pune on official duty. He dozes off on a footpath near Pune station after a heavy drinking session. A country-made pistol and two live cartridges in his possession, which had to be submitted to a forensic lab, get stolen. Ahmednagar superintendent of police has now ordered a departmental inquiry against Constable Sanjay Mane, who is attached to Kotwali police station in Ahmednagar district.

As per information given by Bundgarden police, Mane had started from Ahmednagar on Friday morning and was carrying two containers of viscera to be submitted to the Forensic Sciences Department at BJ Medical College for chemical analysis, and a country-made pistol and two live cartridges seized in a crime to be submitted to the State Forensic Sciences Lab at Kalina in Mumbai for ballistic analysis.

Police said that after he submitted the two containers of viscera at BJ Medical college, he had a fight with a person on the streets. The two were taken to the police station of Government Railway Police. The on-duty cops inquired about the gun in his possession. Mane was let go was after he showed them the documents.

According to cops, Mane had a heavy drinking session after that and at around 7.30 pm, he went to Good Luck restaurant near Pune railway station. Minutes later, he dozed off on the footpath next to the restaurant. When he got up at around 3.30 am, he realised that the pistol and cartridges he was carrying were stolen. He then approached Bundgarden police station with a complaint.

When contacted, Saurabh Tripathi, superintendent of police of Ahmednagar district, said, “After we were informed about the incident, I have ordered a departmental inquiry. If he is found at fault, he will be suspended from duty.”

Three days ago, an NCP leader had filed a complaint at Kothrud police station after his licensed pistol was stolen. In another incident, an Army Havaldar filed a complaint at Wanwadi police after his personal weapon was stolen from his house when he was out of station.
Source: https://in.news.yahoo.com/pune-drunk-co ... 00287.html
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Pune: ‘Drunk’ cop dozes off on footpath, finds pistol and cartridges stolen

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:08 pm

I hope that gun does not end up in the hands of a would be murderer or robber.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Vikram wrote:I hope that gun does not end up in the hands of a would be murderer or robber.
Vikram,

That is exactly where it is heading now, unless the guy who stole it also gets drunk and police get hold of the gun.

Atul

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:25 am

seems like run out of good luck
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 am

Vikram wrote:I hope that gun does not end up in the hands of a would be murderer or robber.
I bet, it would sir. What would a law abiding citizen do of a stolen country made pistol?

regards

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Is Mane out of luck or a conspiracy theory. Loosing evidence is a big problem to solve the case and if it is done by negligence add to conspiracy. May be the weapon is the most crucial evidence for the case may be.

And why is it a government employee will get only suspended from duty even for his involvement in corruption, crimes etc and sometimes caught multiple times. Why doesn't the government and the departmental heads does not relieve from his/her duties for ever and never to get another job.

I may sound extreme, but this is how it works in our own country in private sector.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”