Which rifle is better...as your opinion bsa singleshot 22 or iof .22

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
bhuvneshver1234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Which rifle is better...as your opinion bsa singleshot 22 or iof .22

Post by bhuvneshver1234 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 am

Friends my sports category arms license is aprooval on last stage but due covid 19 it delay for quite sometime.plzz give me some suggestions if any member have experience with bsa .22 singleshot pre war bolt action rifle ₹35000 or iof 0.22 sporting rifle (2012model ₹49000).plz advice which is better...in term of accuracy.

For Advertising mail webmaster
riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Which rifle is better...as your opinion bsa singleshot 22 or iof .22

Post by riflemarksman » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

B.S.A is a very accurate rifle , I have personally used both B.S.A and IOF rifles and in my opinion B.S.A barrels are well made although outdated. The problem with these old imported .22s is the muzzel crown is damaged by use and improper handling and the sights are very difficult to aim with......and there is no scope rail for these old rifles....but the feel of carrying these ligh guns itself is a different experience altogether...I think you would be better with a iof .22 but always check before buying one

bhuvneshver1234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhuvneshver1234 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:57 am

Thanks riflemarksmen for this kind of technical information. I also think to buy bsa singleshot with drill scope mounts on it.if the condition is good I wil buy otherwise swadeshi.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Go for brand new iof .22 rifle. If possible, fire and check accuracy of 3-4 rifles and buy the one which is most accurate.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:56 pm

I’m sure you are allowed the IOF .22LR to compete in your state competitions? My nephew is a regular gold medalist with a Brno Club Rifle
The Pre war BSA, will usually/ most probably be in a clapped out condition.
The IOF .22 has a stock made of compressed cardboard -was my first thought when I stripped one.Plus, inletting done by a bedpan mechanic. BUT- will do very well with epoxy bedding and a little thook maalish. Trial fire a few and pick the best, then it’s going to take some reading, YouTubing, a couple of dry runs and you should have a good shooter. IF you can get an aftermarket stock made of real wood, not the garbage the IOFB uses, you should be in the gold.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."