It isn't the police who protect the town. But the good guy with a gun

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

It isn't the police who protect the town. But the good guy with a gun

Post by StampMaster » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 pm

US cities are facing massive riots soon after covid lockdown implemented. And shops in the cities and town are being looted. When police could not control the situations then the only ones who did were GOOD GUYS WITH A GUN. Some good Samaritans have formed armed groups and started protecting sensitive areas and in some places store owners have started protecting their business with family and friends help.

Just because someone says they don’t support the looting and rioting, does not mean they support police brutality. Just because someone says that the police shouldn’t kill people with qualified immunity, doesn’t mean they support looting and rioting.

Police brutality and looting are both wrong.

There are tons of similar videos have been posted to show the real ground situation. What national media shows is just propaganda.

”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: It isn't the police who protect the town. But the good guy with a gun

Post by eljefe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Yup.
Korea Town is SF was hotbed of looters until the shop owners started shooting back

I remember reading about the manager of the Weatherby company spending nights on the factory roof with a .460 weatherby magnum !
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:02 pm

I have always felt very sad and angry about Indian gun laws and bureaucracy. But now I have a gut feeling that it's about to change. Definitely gun owners would have to grab the opportunity and lobby for our gun rights. Some Indians are now spreading the word on YouTube, and they are getting considerable exposure.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 am

I want to comment on the OP, as its title and content does not accurately represent what's going on in the USA at this time.

First of all, with regard to massive riots, these are not happening. There are large protests happening in many large cities, and some protests happening in most cities and some towns. My town is small, for instance, and there was a little march. When this first occurred, there was rioting and looting in Minneapolis and some other large cities, but now there are mostly protests. (Seattle has some big problems, to, but has with homeless people for some time now.)

Police brutality has occurred toward non-violent protestors and members of the press.

Some scattered violence has occurred toward police, with a few deaths.

Ultra right wing groups embedded themselves among protesters in some cities, when the rioting was going on, not to protect anything, but to participate.

Business owners have been affected, especially by the rioting and looting. Some had guns. Most did not. Some told the protesters that they were minority owned businesses and were left alone.

The ultra right wing groups spread internet rumors to small towns that ultra left forces were coming to their town to burn it down. In a small city by me, this rumor led police to stop two women who bought school buses (two women and two school buses) because they were said to have the left wing forces in the buses. It turned out that these women bought the buses to move themselves to Georgia. It turned out to be somewhat of a joke and the rumored threat was disarmed.

The key to the whole crisis, in my estimation, was when the president caused a group of non-violent protestors near the White House to be dispersed with baton-wielding police and National Guard (part of the Army) so that he could pose for a photo of himself in front of a church with someone else's Bible. In the USA, there is a line, albeit a gray one, against using the military in domestic situations. It has been done, but normally only very severe riots, which this event near the White House was not.

The night before, the president had been taken to a bunker under the White House, as the protests were becoming very agitated outside of the fenced grounds. Many people made fun of the bold talking president for taking shelter, calling him a coward. It's thought that this clearing of protestors the next day was an attempt to prove the charge of cowardice wrong.

The turning point came when the comments of retired and active generals and admirals in the military came down strongly against the military being used in the events related to the domestic situation. Within a couple of days, the president sent the military (National Guard) troops (around 5000) home.

This was a key turning point. The generals and admirals knew that the reputation of the military was at stake here. Since the USA military is a volunteer force, it was clear to them that, if minority troops were going to be used to put down minority protests, like what happened outside the White House, society was going to become a lot more violent very quickly. Their actions defused a dangerous situation.

Personally, I will tell you, that even in my quiet corner of the world, before the generals and admirals spoke out, I was glad for the firearms I had and I was concerned.

The first picture of the OP, in Coeur d'Alene, should speak for itself. That area has always been home to neo-nazis, and when that movement ended, far alt-right groups, most of whom are heavily armed and very racist. We went to church with the FBI special agent in charge of that district back in the 80s, and he said that almost all of their work was connected with these types in Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint. These are serious people, but hardly a picture to tell you what's going on in the USA.

The OP's claim that all national media in the USA is propaganda is false.

There are lots of people in the USA on both sides of this issue, and debating it has little application to the Indian situation. It is a political issue, it is only slightly a gun issue, and it isn't an Indian issue. It is a USA racial issue.

For this reason, the thread will be locked for now.

PS: El Jefe, the Weatherby thing probably won't be repeated. Back in those days, they were located in California. Now, Weatherby is located in the gun-friendly Sheridan, Wyoming.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman