My Experience Buying a PCP from on Line store

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Ravindrane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My Experience Buying a PCP from on Line store

Post by Ravindrane » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello Dear Members ! I thought it would benefit my fellow paasionates to share my experience Buying a New PCP from a One Line store in India. For the sake of civility I would be allowed to with-hold the Brand and the name of the one-line store.

After a detailed search based on my requirement and the cost calculation I orderED a Mid-range PCP in .177. As I am philosophically oriented to ROTFL "Small is Beautiful" I was thrilled with its cute look and synthetic stock and its weight being below 2.5 Kg. It is unregulated and is said to to give 20-25 consistent shot between 100- 200 bar. I happily mounted by Hakko 2-7-40 and began zeroing. It was grouping to the size of 1.5 inches at 15 yards. It was disappointing and a PCP of that Brand is not expected to perform that way. First I tried with the copper coated H&N 10 grain. Then tried Exact of 8 grain and other Ponyang all available good brand from my inventory. I was dismayed. Could not figure out why it was grouping that bad.

I was wondering could be the suppressor in the muzzle ? Then I checked the views of the experts on the effects of Suppressors in accuracy. 90 % of them expressed it won't affect accuracy and 10 % said it could have an effect on the accuracy. Then I removed suppressor and checked whether it could do some good. But it was no good. It was shooting the same in erratic pattern.

Besides the accuracy problem the air in the reservoir could not retain the pressure for a single night. It drained from 200 to 0 bar overnight. Worried and baffled, I spoke to the Sales Executive of the Online store. Deliberated all the problems I am facing with the PCP. He assured me to do all that would satisfy me and made arrangement to pick up the gun from me.

Before sending it back I just checked the barrel for any unusual thing. I could see a scratch like thing cutting the grooves 1.5 inches down the barrel from the muzzle. I informed this to the sale executive who assured that if that be the case he would arrange for a replacement.

A couple of week later I recieved a new replacement. I mounted the scope and started zeroing. It is shooting pellet on pellet in 15 yards in the same ambience in which I tried the 1st one. Now I am a happy owner of the cute baby which is going to be a constant in my armoury.

To my disappointment this new replacement also could not retain the air for a night. :(

Thoguh the online store could not be faulted for this it is my suggestion that before sending it to the buyer, the store could do some test firing with the expert available with them and check the air retained without fault in the reservoir. Since online store is a renowned one, to up-keep their name they can introduce this practice before sending it to the customer. Particularly this PCPs because the pivotol thing in PCPs is O rings which could have deterioted in the long time of storage and indian weather.

As the Rifle came with extra O rings I am getting it fixed by one of my friend who is doing it for his PCPs. As I am settled with its accuracy issue, I am not going to send it back again to the online store.

It is my intention here that the concerned people take notice of this and do still better service to the shooting community.

PRE CHECK BEFORE DISPATCH (y)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Zimik
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: My Experience Buying a PCP from on Line store

Post by Zimik » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:47 am

There is a leak in your gun. I had a similar issue with my Precihole PX 100 Achilles. I sent it to the factory, and they replaced the faulty part. Now, it's not leaking even a bit. Filled the PCP with air and kept it for over two weeks straight. Still the same volume of air is retained as that of when I filled and kept it.

Don't hesitate. Just send it to the dealer/factory for fixing it. Since PCP guns have lots of O rings and high pressure air is Stored in the gun, leaks do happen.

Cheers!!

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Ravindrane,

What was the pressure in your PCP when you received it ?

Ravindrane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ravindrane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi bros the pressure in the cylinder was Zero when I recieved the PCP. As I posted, with a help of a friend I fixed it. The Guage was not properly tightened on the O ring. It came off the thread when tried with hand. Now it is fine.
What matters is the care and sincerity the company serves its customers. :(
All is well now (y)