Gun Design Enthusiast looking to Network

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
smishra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Gun Design Enthusiast looking to Network

Post by smishra » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:32 am

Hello Members,

I am a mechanical designer who has worked in non-defense field for the past 10 years and experience in complex mechanical designs and reliability. Since i have always been enthusiastic and interested in weapon designing, for the past year i have been working on multiple gun designs and mechanisms.

However what i really lack is the right network with people who have actual experience in military rifles and not just hunting rifles. Therefore if any of the members (which i am sure there are plenty in this forum) are ex-army and have served in the frontline, have experience in the use of both the AK and the INSAS, i would love to network and try gain some insights.

In addition if you are also someone who has worked on rifle / handgun mechanisms / design / manufacturing, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks and Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Gun Design Enthusiast looking to Network

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Smishra, welcome. May I suggest that you search through some topics here? There is an extensive thread on the INSAS, including posts from folks with the hands-on experience you seek.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman