Make in India firearms

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Make in India firearms

Post by Woods » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:48 pm

MASADA firearms are being made in India . The website says - PLR Systems Pvt Ltd (PLR) is a Joint Venture between Adani Group, India and Israel Weapon Industries (IWI), Israel, an SK Group member owned by Mr. Samy Katsav, for manufacturing of world class Small Arms in India. IWI weapons like TAVOR Assault Rifle, X95 Assault Rifle, GALIL Sniper Rifle, NEGEV Light Machine Gun and UZI Sub Machine Gun are already in service with the Indian Armed Forces, CAPFs (CRPF/ BSF/ SFF) and State Police Forces. The Tavor Assault Rifles and Galil Sniper Rifles were used by our elite Special Forces during the Surgical Strikes.

Website link is here - http://plrsystem.in/about-us/about-us.html

With a little sifting I was unable to find a thread discussing this venture so created a new thread . What Respected members think about it? If any firearm made by this venture will dver land into the hands of common citizen ?
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

For Advertising mail webmaster
dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Make in India firearms

Post by dsen » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Woods wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:48 pm
MASADA firearms are being made in India . The website says - PLR Systems Pvt Ltd (PLR) is a Joint Venture between Adani Group, India and Israel Weapon Industries (IWI), Israel, an SK Group member owned by Mr. Samy Katsav, for manufacturing of world class Small Arms in India. IWI weapons like TAVOR Assault Rifle, X95 Assault Rifle, GALIL Sniper Rifle, NEGEV Light Machine Gun and UZI Sub Machine Gun are already in service with the Indian Armed Forces, CAPFs (CRPF/ BSF/ SFF) and State Police Forces. The Tavor Assault Rifles and Galil Sniper Rifles were used by our elite Special Forces during the Surgical Strikes.

Website link is here - http://plrsystem.in/about-us/about-us.html

With a little sifting I was unable to find a thread discussing this venture so created a new thread . What Respected members think about it? If any firearm made by this venture will dver land into the hands of common citizen ?
As you can see from the video I made below, I noticed PLR listed their .40S&W and .45 ACP (Non-Prohibited Bores) Jericho pistols too on their website. Also, one of my followers said that the Director of PLR, RK Sharma unofficially said once in an Expo that the civilian market is not outside the realm of possibility.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:24 pm

dsen wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm
................... the Director of PLR, RK Sharma unofficially said once in an Expo that the civilian market is not outside the realm of possibility.

Maybe if a large number of members here send him mails showing their interest , they may consider favourably . Also , since they're already supplying to our army presumably in good numbers , they would not be tempted to quote weapon prices beyond roof .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Woods wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:24 pm
Maybe if a large number of members here send him mails showing their interest , they may consider favourably . Also , since they're already supplying to our army presumably in good numbers , they would not be tempted to quote weapon prices beyond roof .
Absolutely.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Punj Lloyd was pretty clear about not being interested in the civil market, due to extremely low volume potential... Arms licencing policies to blame.

However, they sold out their stake in the venture, so the new management may have a different perspective. If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath though, because if anything, with each passing year, acquiring an arms licence just keeps getting harder for ordinary citizens! :(
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein