Delhi Police to introduce ‘Smart Card Arms License’

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Delhi Police to introduce ‘Smart Card Arms License’

Post by pgupta » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:12 pm

JCP (licensing unit) Dr O P Mishra said, "Our Delhi Police has become the first police organization in the country to introduce smart card arms licenses."

This is good riddance to bad rubbish of booklet.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

For Advertising mail webmaster
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Delhi Police to introduce ‘Smart Card Arms License’

Post by veeveeaar » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:42 pm

The NDAL ALIS electronic procesing and licence printout is yet to be done fully by many licencing authorities . This '' Smart Card "" is a good initiative .The existing system is still to be complied with fully . Many DM Arms licence clerks want to continue with the paper work so that they can quote postal and tapal delays to suit their inefficency and pocket money. Some due to their old delaying corrupt habits wilfully do not adhere to the present post 2016 rules and ammendments. Smart card Licence will require more training and awareness on the part of the police personal and the licencing staff. Ok lets hope for the best.

dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

New smart-card Arms Licence initiative launched in Delhi!

Post by dsen » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:53 pm

Would love to hear all of your opinions regarding this new smart-card Arms Licence. How long do you all believe it will take for this to be implemented in all States?

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New smart-card Arms Licence initiative launched in Delhi!

Post by Shivakr » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Shivakr on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm

This hasn't been clearly thought out before the roll out. How and where will other authorities stamp the license? It cannot be done piecemeal, till everyone is on the same system - all Licensing authorities across India, all dealers, all customs offices etc. Basically any and all authorities/ offices/ businesses who need to (by law) make an entry on the Arms licence.

Also, they will need to change the law suitably to make this legal. Currently the law states that arms licenses for individuals need to be issued in form III.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Nayyar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nayyar » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Should be implemented in all states very soon. A good decision made...

vaibhavyadav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vaibhavyadav » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:36 am

Delhi Police licensing unit has recently launched a new “Ammunition Issuance System” which is digital and work with the smart card.
Seems like stamping and endorsing of ammunition on licenses will go obsolete soon.

https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in ... annual.pdf

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:26 pm

Has anyone got it yet.

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:41 pm

I too agree - a step forward in the right direction....

However I dont think it will improve the license issuance process in any way...

Cheers...

vaibhavyadav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vaibhavyadav » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Mk621 - Yes I have received it. And know many who have too.
They just make you fill up a one page sheet each time you apply for any service pertaining to your arms license and issues you a new PVC card if there are any updates in your details i.e. weapon information, area validity, license validity, ammunition quota

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:29 pm

vaibhavyadav wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:57 pm
They just make you fill up a one page sheet each time you apply for any service pertaining to your arms license and issues you a new PVC card if there are any updates in your details i.e. weapon information, area validity, license validity, ammunition quota
Thanks for reply bro.
So that means on every renewal they will issue a new PVC card with new validity date. And as i read they aleeady take away the booklet so u cant track the hiatory now . Neither u will have any proof of ammo purchase which used to be on booklet.

vaibhavyadav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vaibhavyadav » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:31 pm

Mk621 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:29 pm
vaibhavyadav wrote:
Thanks for reply bro.
So that means on every renewal they will issue a new PVC card with new validity date. And as i read they aleeady take away the booklet so u cant track the hiatory now . Neither u will have any proof of ammo purchase which used to be on booklet.
The licencing authority in Delhi can grant only “Delhi” as area validity in case of general civilians. If you are from certain categories i.e. MP, Sportsperson, All India Service Cadre, etc. then they can grant “All India” validity or other states as well. However, in case of general civilians any other state other than Delhi will be granted via Lt. Gov Delhi once the license has been issued to you for “Delhi” only.

Bonus Info: In case of Inheritance please ensure that your application is on-point and there are no shortcomings, if needed seek professional help but don’t make errors. The current state in Delhi makes it very tough to get Arms license. My license number is 01 for year 2022 and believe me you need a strong application to avoid rejection.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:39 pm

vaibhavyadav wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:31 pm
Mk621 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:29 pm
vaibhavyadav wrote:
Thanks for reply bro.
The licencing authority in Delhi can grant only “Delhi” as area validity in case of general civilians. If you are from certain categories i.e. MP, Sportsperson, All India Service Cadre, etc. then they can grant “All India” validity or other states as well. However, in case of general civilians any other state other than Delhi will be granted via Lt. Gov Delhi once the license has been issued to you for “Delhi” only.

Bonus Info: In case of Inheritance please ensure that your application is on-point and there are no shortcomings, if needed seek professional help but don’t make errors. The current state in Delhi makes it very tough to get Arms license. My license number is 01 for year 2022 and believe me you need a strong application to avoid rejection.
Thanks Vaibhav. Appreciate your help

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Hi All
Delhi Police Licensing has integrated DIGILOCKER with Delhi ARMS Licence, now you can save your AL in digilock ( App in Mobile ) Visit website for instructions. -https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in

I suggest all those who have got Smart card shud see that in digilock. and also those who stil have the booklet. can check if they are also able to see or not.

link below.-

https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in ... Notice.pdf

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:11 am

it is not new we had this smart card type some 8 years ago. Plastic license were issued like ATM cards.On renewal,sale of weapon,new entry etc new
card was issued.IF you buy ammo where dealer will write and stamp on it? how dealer will know how much ammo licensee have bought earlier against his ammo limitans in one year?