Dear Friends, Be Careful

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Dear Friends, Be Careful

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:52 am

Hello Everyone,

Excitement and Restless can be deadly.

Just to alert you folks about another scam.

Few days back, I ordered some products from 10kya (they are great folks).

My order was supposed to reach me in around 8 days. On the 3rd day, a guy called me claiming to be an employee of the courier company through which 10kya sent my order.

This guy even had my docket number. He claimed that unfortunately my order has been held up and will be delayed by 3 months. The other alternative is to get it within 1 day by paying a processing fee of 6 rupees on a link he would send.

I am ashamed to admit that in my impatience, I was about to do that, especially since he knew my docket number and other details.

Fortunately, better sense prevailed and I called 10kya.com about this issue. They asked me to wait for about 5 minutes, and I received a call back very soon from 10kya.com. They had contacted the transportation company and found out that the guy calling me was a fraud.

I also received my order before the assured date of delivery.

Here is the number of the b@$*@*d who called me

In short, if I would have paid those tempting 6 Rupees, they would have stolen all the funds from my account.

I hope, this post would help someone, who is impatient or not too aware of the scams nowadays.

Great New Year Wishes in Advance!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Dear Friends, Be Careful

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:08 am

Mr. Shome -- great advice! Thanks for the warning and reminder. We must always be alert for these scavengers. I'm happy that you defeated that person!

Thank you, and best New Year's wishes to you, as well!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:07 am

Thanks for the advice. Though this is happening in many spheres of online trading.

Yes , we all need to be careful and cross check once.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:15 am

Mr.Shome wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:52 am
Hello Everyone,

My order was supposed to reach me in around 8 days. On the 3rd day, a guy called me claiming to be an employee of the courier company through which 10kya sent my order.

This guy even had my docket number. He claimed that unfortunately my order has been held up and will be delayed by 3 months. The other alternative is to get it within 1 day by paying a processing fee of 6 rupees on a link he would send.

I am ashamed to admit that in my impatience, I was about to do that, especially since he knew my docket number and other details.

Fortunately, better sense prevailed and I called 10kya.com about this issue. They asked me to wait for about 5 minutes, and I received a call back very soon from 10kya.com. They had contacted the transportation company and found out that the guy calling me was a fraud.

In short, if I would have paid those tempting 6 Rupees, they would have stolen all the funds from my account.

I hope, this post would help someone, who is impatient or not too aware of the scams nowadays.

Really these are A#@H%$$s and deserves a 12G birdshot on that very location.
Extremely sorry for the slang words but they have a contact with every courier, Mobile service providers. Electricity supply dept even at Gas offices.
Lucky you and thanks for this information
Regards

Shivaji

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:02 pm

Had exactly the same experience. The guy wanted 6 only by UPI. I told him I didn’t have UPI and would make a bank transfer. He asked me for my card number. Gave him one along with “A” pin also. End of his luck !!
Got to be careful.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:58 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:15 am
Mr.Shome wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:52 am
Hello Everyone,

Really these are A#@H%$$s and deserves a 12G birdshot on that very location.
Extremely sorry for the slang words but they have a contact with every courier, Mobile service providers. Electricity supply dept even at Gas offices.
Lucky you and thanks for this information
Whole Heartedly agree with you 🙂
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

sid9887
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sid9887 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:53 am

No matter how informed we are ,, scammers still find a new way every day and in that moment , out of curiosity , excitement or not being patient, we tend to do things which we never thought we'll do ... We all need a reminder of sorts to not fell for such antics ... Thanks for sharing and keeping every one informed ...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:23 pm

Of late, when i pass a toll booth, a few minutes later I get a text saying the eTag was not read and to make payment of $2.50 to avoid a fine. When I have a standing debit with the toll agency! Contacted them once to be told it was a scam, “must be run out of gurgaon or Noida” sad reputation we curry munchers have.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."