Increasing Ground Clearance of Bolero

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Increasing Ground Clearance of Bolero

Post by ajikappil » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi All,

Please list the steps I can do to increase the ground clearance of Mahindra Bolero ?

I know that I can add an additional leaf spring but what else can I do ?

Thanks a lot in advance ....
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

For Advertising mail webmaster
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:39 pm

Do you want to just slightly increase it for better clearance.. then you got to fit spacers. i got it done for my esteem.. aluminum rings of 1/2" did the job. for bolero you can think of 1"

in case you want to make your bolero higher then you have to modify the whole leaf spring by replacing the existing ones with a bigger one.. but not advisable unless you have full confidence in your machanic.

one more point to remember that increasing the ground clearance will also move the centre of gravity (CG) higher making the vehicle less stable at high speed turns .. cause among all the SUV/MUV/jeeps.. the bolero is a relatively stable vehicle.
klick klack..... diskaon

ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Increasing Ground Clearance of Bolero

Post by ajikappil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:57 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.

With Rings, How much Max height can I gain without sacrificing Stability ?

Thanks. :)
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Increasing Ground Clearance of Bolero

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:33 pm

My friend, I would advise you against doing that.The Bolero is the most stable among all the BLING jeeps designed by Mahindra. Its already maxed out in terms of ride height and any mods would decrease stability and add to body roll. However if you plan to invest a sizeable amount in things like, Anti-Rollbars, Ride Assist kits or maybe even a proper Body Lift kit, then its not such a bad plan. However all of this would cost you somewhere in the range of 40,000-50,000 INR.

At the end of the day, its your call as to what you'd like to do with your ride.
Make the best choice.

Cheerio
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am

I totally agree with UOP.. increasing the height must and should be done by an expert...

to answer your question i think its a matter of comfort level.. for eg. i used to drive much faster before raising the height of my esteem.. another eg. is that in case you reduce the height of the seat of a bike (eg. bullet) the stability increases drastically..

budget permitting you will have to increase the height an inch a time and then choose which ht is best for you.. (ideal solution.. but not at all practical)

alternatively you just go for one size bigger tyres.. that should solve 50% of your ground clearance problem.. i guess your bolero must have 15" or 16 " tyres.. try a higher profile tyre.

diskaon..
klick klack..... diskaon