IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Anand
Hope you would soon direct your good energies to begin another of the "energetic conversations" with the current members here.

Pick up your next "energetic" topic fast
we are longing to start one good conversation on the forum now.

Hey 10X you better be ready with the words.

SS

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Thanks Abhijeet!!!

Post by Anand » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Shamsher,
I am ready anytime you are! :D
Regards,
Anand

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Rediffmail ID's DISALLOWED

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 pm

In spite of repeated requests to their tech support, Rediffmail continues to blacklist all mail coming from our servers. This means that e-mail activation requests/ topic reply notifications/ PM notifications etc. continue to bounce back to my e-mail inbox.

Starting today, users will no longer be able to register on IFG using a *@rediffmail.com account. If this new setting has affected any existing user, PLEASE write in to me at lists [at] abhijeetsingh [dot] com and I'll be happy to assist you in resolving whatever problems arise.

Existing members using rediffmail as their registered e-mail ID here are requested to change it to an alternative e-mail ID.

I regret the inconvenience that this may cause some of you, but I am at my wits end as to how to deal with the people at rediffmail!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Rediffmail ID's DISALLOWED

Post by art_collector » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:20 pm

I regret the inconvenience that this may cause some of you, but I am at my wits end as to how to deal with the people at rediffmail!

Why bother after all someone invented the dustbinImage

specifically for this...dump them!

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:39 pm

since ages i never liked rediff,,i faced several problems like this ,,sometimes we cannot get attachments on rediff..

gmail,yahoo,hotmail are the best
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Very Rightly said

Emails sent to rediff account holders bounce back,

I stopped forwards on all friends who persist with the rediff account.

it's no good.

SS

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Rediffmail ID's DISALLOWED

Post by tingriman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:11 pm

I never liked rediffmail for its poor spam filtering options, it keeps on sending unwanted stuff into inbox and you have no choice but to click tick and delete more than 10 unwanted mails before you read one of your actual mail. Gmail is the Best one if someone wants to switch over from rediffmail.

cheers

manu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by manu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:30 pm

rediff mail id was my first id in student life & i never stop using this id till its against IFG
&
i like IFG more then rediff so good bye rediffmail.

IFG ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega

regards

manu

ai

New look IFG???

Post by ai » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

What's this guys? A new look for IFG coming as a surprise?

Hope we can post our opinion of whether it is better than the earlier one. Once we've gotten used to this one, that is!!!

yash3_great

Re: New look IFG???

Post by yash3_great » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 pm

I for one miss the menu on the left and the list of recently active posts that were also on the left. Dunno whether it is possible to go back to the old format, I am sure there must have been some pressing reason to move to the new format. Abhijeet can answer that.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Your favourite section has been retained

http://indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=5

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:54 pm

yash3_great wrote:I for one miss the menu on the left and the list of recently active posts that were also on the left. Dunno whether it is possible to go back to the old format, I am sure there must have been some pressing reason to move to the new format. Abhijeet can answer that.
You are right, there was an immediate and pressing reason: IFG was using up most of the CPU time on the server and we were told by our hosting company to either lighten the server load OR to shift to a dedicated server, therefore the choice was made to do away with most of the bells & whistles and revert to a plain vanilla installation of phpBB. As to the format, there isn't much that can be done, at least for the next several weeks... if not longer.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:23 am

None of the following options seems to be working

* View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics
Regards
Mandeep

kragiesardar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kragiesardar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 am

B een demoted from Trainee to Newbie. :| Whatever it was I did not do it :mrgreen:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Website/ software issues

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:19 am

I have been contacted by more than one member having problems logging in (after the system was changed). The problem is being caused by a conflict between cookies from the earlier system and the ones from the new one.

The fix is an easy one --> go to your browsers "options" --> clear/ delete all cookies --> close all browser windows --> restart the browser and log in to IFG.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in