IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Location is now compulsory

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:59 pm

User's "Location" has now been set as a compulsory field. Existing users (when they log-in for the first time after this change has been made) will see the following message displayed on their screen:
Sorry, it appears this is your first visit since we added some required fields to the system.
Once you update the fields marked with *, you will be able to enjoy the whole site.
Thanks!

Click on the fieldnames below to complete them:
The Field "Location" is required
Clicking on the "Location" link at the bottom of the message will take you to the "your profile" page. You will need to now click on the "Public Information" link in the sub-menu displayed on the left hand side. The very first field to be displayed will be the "Location field".

Please fill this out with your correct geographical location (where you are normally resident) - filling out of false information is NOT allowed. If for any reasons, you are unable to disclose this information, PLEASE contact one of the moderators stating your reasons. While we will not under normal circumstances make exceptions, special cases may be considered.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Also, have finally gotten around to adding all Indian States & Union Territories to the "State" drop down list in the user Profile. Since Indian States and UT's do not have individual flags, I've made indicative "flags" using the two letter state denomination used on vehicle number plates. So Delhi is "DL" Andhra Pradhesh is "AP" etc. - for now this is optional, available if you'd like your state displayed next to the Indian flag...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Location is now compulsory

Post by art_collector » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for adding that.....I just added Delhi.

Why do all the names have FriAmerica /DenverFriday1152 after themn??
AC

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:08 am

art_collector";p="39496 wrote: Why do all the names have FriAmerica /DenverFriday1152 after themn??
AC
I'm sorry, you lost me there... what names are these? :?

www.gunowners.in

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:16 am

just read the list of recent topics on the left side of the page....after the name it shows:

» Location is now compulsory
by mundaire on SatAmerica/DenverSaturday1208

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:16 am

» Location is now compulsory
by art_collector on SatAmerica/DenverSaturday1216

» Feedback on GasramGandu
by biking3819 on SatAmerica/DenverSaturday1205

» Custom duty exempted on Air guns of .177 cal
by mundaire on SatAmerica/DenverSaturday1205

» Couriering Air rifles
by OverUnderPump on FriAmerica/DenverFriday1158

» IOF 315 rifle and cartridge
by kuduae on FriAmerica/DenverFriday1110

» IFG Bangalore Meet
by kanwar76 on FriAmerica/DenverFriday1045

» Fenix LED flashlights - Group buy
by GasramGandu on FriAmerica/DenverFriday1004

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:51 am

Looks like the non-Indian state flags have disappeared. My NH flag doesn't show anymore, and when I go to my profile to update it, I only see Indian states in the list.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:09 am

Slightly off topic but Karnataka does have a flag that has been unofficially adopted by the people as its representative flag.

http://nithinkamath.info/archives/2007/ ... taka-flag/

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:35 am

axp817";p="39507 wrote:Looks like the non-Indian state flags have disappeared. My NH flag doesn't show anymore, and when I go to my profile to update it, I only see Indian states in the list.
I would have actually liked to leave them alone, but the Indian states had to be added manually - which meant they were number ~220+ onwards on the drop down list. The way this system is designed, manually moving them up (the list) would have meant 200+ clicks for EACH Indian State/ UT! So I took the easier route and deleted all of the non-Indian states/ territories... will look at adding these back when I have some spare time.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:41 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="39508 wrote: Slightly off topic but Karnataka does have a flag that has been unofficially adopted by the people as its representative flag.

Rusty, that was an interesting link...
Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="39508 wrote:Slightly off topic but Karnataka does have a flag that has been unofficially adopted by the people as its representative flag.

Mack The Knife's right. Karnataka has it's own flag. Kannada Rajyotsava- the day when Karnataka got it's statehood is celebrated on Nov 1st.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Pran, that may be - but it's unofficial... AFAIK as per law no state is allowed to fly it's own flag - only the tricolour has official recognition. That's federalism Indian style for you! :roll:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:38 pm

mundaire";p="39536 wrote:Pran, that may be - but it's unofficial... AFAIK as per law no state is allowed to fly it's own flag - only the tricolour has official recognition. That's federalism Indian style for you! :roll:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Was unaware of that. I've seen more two-colour flags hoisted here in Bangalore than the tri-coloured ones..

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:11 am

UPDATE: Many users have been having problems location the "Location" field in their user profile. So have shifted it to a more prominent place.

On logging in for the first time (after "Location" became mandatory), when you see the alert asking you to update your "Location" --> Click on the "Location" hyperlink at the bottom of that alert page --> this will now take you to the main user registration information page of your user profile --> the "Location" field is located just below the "Gender" field and right above the "Country" field.

Hope this takes care of any problems anyone may have been having in updating this field...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:17 am

Location, location, location.
Or "Where the hell are you" ?
Reminds me of the old joke about the lost Fukarwe Tribe of the Amazon........
Some of those State `plates` are a little unfortunate - `DL` might be `De Luxe`but `KA` can only be `kack`......... and as for some of the others..............