PayPal requires your PAN Card Number

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

PayPal requires your PAN Card Number

Post by art_collector » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 am

Received this message on my email. I haven't ever used it but thought it might be use ful information to share.

PayPal start asking for Pan Card details from Indians as a directive from Reserve Bank of India. PAN stands for Permanent Account Number which is issued by Income Tax Department.

If you don’t have a PAN Card number , you will be having issues with PayPal account. Most of the users were able to update the PAN card number without any trouble. You won’t be able to update any fake pan card numbers because the Name on PayPal should exactly match with the name on PAN Card.

Paypal India office address
Paypal India Pvt Ltd
No 334 Futura IT Park Block A, Old Mahabalipuram Road,
Sholinganallur,
Chennai – 600119

+(91)-(44)-66348001, 66348000

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: PayPal requires your PAN Card Number

Post by Olly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

Yaa... you can't go through the website (your account) unless you provide your phone no. and PAN details... but frankly speaking, even if our International Credit Cards were to be honoured, the issuing banks already have our PAN details... do does it really matter if the PAN is provided to PayPal ?

mulki
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mulki » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

I tried to enter my PAN number into Paypal but for some reason it kept rejecting my PAN number. Apparently the Paypal name and the name on the PAN Card have to match exactly and in my case my surname is expanded on my PAN Card but only an initial in Paypal and it would not accept it.

I raised an issue with Paypal and they said they are looking into it.
--
Mulki

erikgrobberts
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by erikgrobberts » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:26 pm

Your Pan Card name should be same as your PayPal account name. If you are a minor without a Pan card, you should open a PayPal account in the name of your parents. This process will take 2-3 days if you initiate now, so I suggest you to create your Paypal account right away, as if in future you need to receive money from any of advertising company or client, you don’t have to wait then. Click on Start in front of Add bank account and you will be taken to the next page

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Ive used my bank credit card through safe sites for international shipping etc..seems to work fine..paypal i have avoided though people do use it