I am posting pictures of the following firearms that I saw with a dealer today:

1. Smith & Wesson 6” Springfield USA
Its hammer is jammed.
Besides the cylinder appears to wobble;
The handle is wooden.
Overall, it looks like an antique

Webley 6” long .380. Model 2MK1
Top Break Eject - very difficult to eject but could be corrected
Otherwise a really good piece except for its size – too large for conceal and carry.

2. Arminus 6” long Germany
A very good Revolver,
Right side cylinder eject
Good except that the hammer cocking lever gets released to downward position each time it is fired resulting in having to manually pull it back in position or hold it with the left hand for continuous firing. Can it be restored?

3. Arminus HW3 2” long
Very light; does not look like a sturdy model but functions well

4. Mauser
Except for its looks, functionally performs well.
The wooden grip can be replaced. 1914 model

Price rupees 5 lakhs to 5.5 lakhs which is very high and not worth it as several Indian models like Glock, Vinveli (Colt) Jindal Taurus besides Webley, which is already available, are coming soon. Once these models start selling, the prices of those old imports will steadily fall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
032bore
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: PICTURES OF S&W, WEBLEY, ARMINUS & MAUSER – ALL IMPORTED

Post by 032bore » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm

Yeah, its a sorry state of affairs in Mumbai. I scouted all major dealers before zeroing in on Indian Webley, second choice i had in mind was IOF Prahaar.

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:23 pm

Hi pkaran,
I refer to the first 2 photos of the Revolver after the Mauser Pistol.
It looks like an Enfield Revolver No.2,Mark 1.
It is chambered for the .380/200 Cartridge.
The Grip and Extended Front Sight are distinct.
(Not very clear in the photos).
This is how one can distinguish it from a Webley.

Regards,
Jr.

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi pkaran,
I missed out the S&W Revolver.
It looks like the 'Victory' model.
These were mostly chambered for .38/200 S&W and .38 S&W Special.
Both the Enfield and S&W posted by you are Service Revolvers.
Very interesting and rather unique Revolvers.
Thank you for posting.

Regards,
Jr.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 am

IMHO , buying such expensive ''JUNK '' for astronomical prices, and not be able to get them repaired/ restored by authorised gunsmiths and there by the gun owner will become the "" black cat "" protector of such '' Antique"" firearm instead of the firearm protextecting him. Many families hold such old firearms hoping to sell for a FORTUNE on ''Never will Come Day '', stowed in lockers . My relative who is a retired DGP was robbed by dacoits in his house. His weapon a Webley was in a Safe in his ""SAFE"" , it did not proctect him , rather. He and his uncle were beaten up, told to open the SAFE and the dacoits took it.
Gone are the days of weapons of real monetary value . Many people have Obsolete bores, never maintained guns and boasting names of the brands and deaming of real estate like winfalls.
A friend of mine has a 16 bore Austrian Drilling with a obsolete bore rifle barrel. The whole family thinks it is worth the Taj and are fightihg for it in the court.
Another senario is that many weapons are lying in deposit at the police and private armouries for decades. Their legal heirs dreaming of a fortune in later years to come.
Arms dealers also try to mesmerise the buyers about brands of weapons that are the smart weapons of yesteryears that had brought down prey from astronmical distances, and Old cartridges that brought down dinosaurs in a single shot.
This Fantasy should end. Just like a marriage commitment, IOF is our partner for life . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:23 am

Did a bit of research on the Mauser Pistol.
It is Model 1914 in .32ACP.
Has a 8 Round Magazine.
Sharing the details from Wikipedia and video from youtube
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/atC0fw067L8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regards,
Jr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:26 pm

IOF weapons are currently being sold most despite launch of some private co. weapons like Raptor, Indian Webley, Crossfire, MSD 1911.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:43 pm

You would be better off buying an easily available .45 acp like Shaik arms or such. Get the usual thook maalish done and thats it. Forget these clunkers. The Enfield .38/200 is quite a find. IF it can be done up.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by RamMani » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:10 pm

(y) well said
veeveeaar wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 am
IMHO , buying such expensive ''JUNK '' for astronomical prices, and not be able to get them repaired/ restored by authorised gunsmiths and there by the gun owner will become the "" black cat "" protector of such '' Antique"" firearm instead of the firearm protextecting him. Many families hold such old firearms hoping to sell for a FORTUNE on ''Never will Come Day '', stowed in lockers . My relative who is a retired DGP was robbed by dacoits in his house. His weapon a Webley was in a Safe in his ""SAFE"" , it did not proctect him , rather. He and his uncle were beaten up, told to open the SAFE and the dacoits took it.
Gone are the days of weapons of real monetary value . Many people have Obsolete bores, never maintained guns and boasting names of the brands and deaming of real estate like winfalls.
A friend of mine has a 16 bore Austrian Drilling with a obsolete bore rifle barrel. The whole family thinks it is worth the Taj and are fightihg for it in the court.
Another senario is that many weapons are lying in deposit at the police and private armouries for decades. Their legal heirs dreaming of a fortune in later years to come.
Arms dealers also try to mesmerise the buyers about brands of weapons that are the smart weapons of yesteryears that had brought down prey from astronmical distances, and Old cartridges that brought down dinosaurs in a single shot.
This Fantasy should end. Just like a marriage commitment, IOF is our partner for life . :lol: :lol: :lol:

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:45 am

IMHO all look like junk, Please dont spend your hard earned money on them, buy any of IOF hand gun to cover license and wait for the good ones, as for price the forthcoming guns are also high priced, buy they are of good quality and new.
regards

Rakshith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rakshith » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:26 am

I agreee with casual shooter. those look rough.