Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
varun.bhargav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Post by varun.bhargav » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi guys

Very Good topic to discuss but dificult for me to answer as me myself a Gun manufacturer and manufacturing Baco , Tusker and Dinex brand.

If you ask me and as per my knowledge bhatti and newlite are the best guns available as it fulfils the creterias of demand , Quality and Finishing.

Even Ghiradari Guns and best a replica of W&S but due to less quota there is always a shortage thats why they are so heavily priced.

For Jammu the best Gun available was Mehar Singh & sons but due to family dispute both the units Mehar singh and Khurmi are closed now

The other Good guns available are :-
1. Modern
2. Free India
3. Shikari

My parent brand is baco and i myself cant say it is best or good . I am using german steel and the quality guns that we manufacture are sold in Jammu under our retail outlets in jammu. I read that someone wrote except Mehar Singh all others manufacturers assemble. This is very much wrong as no one is allowed to assemble . we can only receive the raw material for manufacturing not finished parts . I have shifted the unit and now in a plan to manufacture new models of very good quality . For any queries do reply and visit me on www.varunarmoury.com under construction

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 am

Welcome aboard varun and nice to hear from the source first hand always wondered why India couldnt make decent shottys which can stand the muster.

So post the spec of your shot gun and the manufacturing process CNC machines etc trust me members will assist you improve your design provided they are taken as 'constructive feedback' .

Indian steel is as good as germans pound for pound or metallurgically speaking.

Best

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I did write that most of the gunmakers in jammu just assemble it this was told by some of the manufacurer , I have 2 guns from Santhakoo gun works . I never have any problems with it although it is a bit heavier and recent gun I bought in 2004 had very good range like old one but tell me why most of gunmaker avoid ejector these days .As for girdhari lal sons is concerned one of the dealer sold one for just 14500 rupees it was the latest model with 22 inch barrel a very good gun looked good for accuracy.
regards

-- Tue Jun 16, 2009 23:12 --
varun.bhargav wrote:Hi guys

Very Good topic to discuss but dificult for me to answer as me myself a Gun manufacturer and manufacturing Baco , Tusker and Dinex brand.

If you ask me and as per my knowledge bhatti and newlite are the best guns available as it fulfils the creterias of demand , Quality and Finishing.

Even Ghiradari Guns and best a replica of W&S but due to less quota there is always a shortage thats why they are so heavily priced.

For Jammu the best Gun available was Mehar Singh & sons but due to family dispute both the units Mehar singh and Khurmi are closed now
The other Good guns available are :-
1. Modern
2. Free India
3. Shikari

My parent brand is baco and i myself cant say it is best or good . I am using german steel and the quality guns that we manufacture are sold in Jammu under our retail outlets in jammu. I read that someone wrote except Mehar Singh all others manufacturers assemble. This is very much wrong as no one is allowed to assemble . we can only receive the raw material for manufacturing not finished parts . I have shifted the unit and now in a plan to manufacture new models of very good quality . For any queries do reply and visit me on http://www.varunarmoury.com under construction
I will like to buy when u r setting up I will dispose one of my gun and like to buy new one I have mentioned in my post why gunmakers avoid ejector these days . I will like to visit jammu as I have spent best of my school days apart from looking for good gun during 80s my dad and dad friends officers preferred guns from santakhoo gun works as they r from security services perhaps they knew more about the weapons.
regards

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 pm

One thing I can assure you of is that a fairly well made IOF or any other Indian Shotgun barrels will outlast all the so called bespoke and foreign made shotguns. The reason being that the manufacturers are fully aware of what atrocities and experiments we Indians are capable of doing with our shotguns and its ammo.
Marksman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:30 am

marksman

All the so called experiments have to be build into design and then implemented in the product using the best manufacturing process and material . Not a tall order but it doesnt explain why Indian made shotty's have never attained standard of say Turkish shotguns - latter have really improved in recent times e.g. brands like Huglu and Kahn. I do agree Indians will pay top rupees for a decent Indian shotgun e.g. IOF made DBBL that still command decent prices.

Cheers

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 pm

i have fired a number of Indian made shotguns and all are decent, i feel some like khurmi, shaktiman and others are alot more sturdy than an expensive imported one( this is what i think). because the mechanism is not all that complicated, and its a smoothbore, also one can be rough with his Indian shotgun compared to an English or Italian.

fatehpal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by fatehpal » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:57 pm

varun.bhargav wrote:
"For any queries do reply and visit me on www.varunarmoury.com under construction"

Varun ji
the site is non responsive. would love to know about your newer models. and are u planing on a making any pump action shotguns or any other higher capacity shotguns.

regards
fatehpal singh

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Best Indian Shotgun

Post by gunrunner » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 pm

To all the rishi muni's and gyani's of IFG,
Badly need to replace my Bharat small arms shotgun.
Which is the best indian 12bore and at what price avlbl and where to buy from.
Desperately awaiting your replies ,
Regards

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Best Indian Shotgun

Post by Risala » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:16 am

This topic has been covered at length, http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1156

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Best Indian Shotgun

Post by gunrunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 am

Hi Sanjay,
There still isnt any clear opinion about the best 12bore made in india,
Can any SBBL 12bore licence holder buy a IOF pump action.
Can i purchase directly from the company.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi,
In my opinion the indian guns have more life as far as best gun is concerned, I have good experience with santakhoo gun works guns although recoil is more than other guns but plus point is it never misses even 70-100 year amno . Only negative point point is that newer guns r non ejector ones. Sound of gun sound is also louder than then other guns. I have experience with j and k guns but I have seen girdhari lal gun it is better for beter aiming as its shape of but is simple can be easily stuck on shoulder. Last time when I saw it last year it was sold for just 14500 bucks. I have heard guns of himachal in mandi factory r fine although I was offered best gun of that state for 18000 but I prefered santakhoo gun.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Most of the indian ones are really Heavy.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 am

fatehpal wrote:varun.bhargav wrote:
"For any queries do reply and visit me on http://www.varunarmoury.com under construction"

Varun ji
the site is non responsive. would love to know about your newer models. and are u planing on a making any pump action shotguns or any other higher capacity shotguns.

regards
fatehpal singh
Varun Ji ,
interesting pics on your site but the links do not work . Any plans to activate it soon ?
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....

.338 lapua
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .338 lapua » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Hello people,

Firstly wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year, :cheers:

Hi, i am new to this forum guys,I am a gun enthu since i was 8 to 9 years of age ,I am also an outdoors man have a small farm in the very interiors of the sahyadri (kolhapur).I am working in Mumbai currently.I came across IFG when i was seeking my arms license and had gone thru various posts,hence came to know about the IOF .3006,have been n touch with Mr B Sidhu and am planning to buy one sooner than later and hope to get it cutomised by Mr sidhu.

I have recently aqquired a NP bore licence for DBBL OR NP bore rifle,I chkd out some of the DBBL shotguns (indian made) in some shops here in mumbai when i came across this IOF made DBBL,compared to other shotguns ,if compared in weight is euivalent to the imported ones mine is close to 3.25 kg.I was also inf that the barrel was imported from BSA DONT KNOW IF THAT IS TRUE,however the weapon shoots fine,also looks sleeker than the other Indian made shotguns ,i will post the pics soon,It has a lovely finish.Actually had previously applied for a rifle and chkd the prices for imported .3006 rifles and was very surprised hence opted to wait and went to the Dm's office to add a dbbl I.E np bore rifle or dbbl permit.I would strongly recommend IOF DBBL which is quite impressive in looks as well as the feel of it,barrel length is 30".

Thanks & Regards

Dhiraj
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"
MarkTwain

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 am

Dhiraj

If the IOF DBBL is in a good nick and reasonably priced go for it. My cousin had it and he regrets selling it. Do post the pictures and members can assist you better. The barrels were more than likely made in India. Design could have been based on BSA.

Cheers