Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Post by Sakobav » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 am

Rajesh

Thanks for great insight and its heartening to learn that a desi brand passed your muster, if possibel do post the pictures. I have only handled three Indian shotguns IOF DBBL, Khairudin o/u and fired another brand ( dont recall the name) they were decent guns especially first two. The last one is used very extensively by my friend and I was impressed by it. No where near my Beretta Onyx but still OK and were weighing on the heavy side.

Best

For Advertising mail webmaster
rjshv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rjshv » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Shall ask my friend and get some pictures of the Girilal gun. I had owned an IOF side by side 32" barrel made probably in the 70's. It was a time when IOF was spoon fed by BSA with design and quality parameters. The quality of those IOF guns is 90% of the fully imported BSA. I don't believe the later ones are anywhere near that quality. I got no idea of the Khairudin.
V. Rajesh
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:52 am

rajesh

Do pictures of your current collection..My friend who had IOF DBBL regrets selling it..is and was pining for a Baikal o/u..nothing panned out and he sold his good shotty too..Looking forward to your pictures

Cheers

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi There,
What would be a fair price if one had to buy a dbbl 12bore IOF with Original BSA barrel.
The Butchers in bombay are asking for 40k for a clean weapon with mirror finish barrel.
I am also inclined towards a Webley scott sxs 2-3/4 chamber,twin ejectors,30" barrrel,full engraving,mirror finish barrel,owned by a friend.He is asking for 1lac(i feel its on the higher side).
Is it worth that amount.
I am a novice,wouldnt know what its price could/should be.
Was a gun user all the while,turning into a gun lover slowly
Kindly help.
Regards.

rjshv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rjshv » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Both are the normal market prices. Sadly, weapon prices are beyond logic in India due to a policy against imports. Typically, one can find the prices here to be two or three times of international prices. But, we don't have a choice.

Both are excellent weapons and if budget allows, go for the Webley. IOF with BSA barrells are great too. It's surely of better quality than brand new fully Indian made ones. If am right, it will be a side by side 32" and capable of handling 2 3/4" cartridges like the Astram (personally, I'll avoid using astram and stick to 2 1/2 KF).

But, you got to make double sure of the condition in buying 2nd handers. Check for trigger sensitivity, pin strike impression using dummy or live cartridge, shakes in the gun to stock mount implying worn out screws, cracks in the wood, and if possible, open up the gun and look for changed/worn out springs or trigger mechanism.
V. Rajesh
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 pm

gunrunner wrote:Hi There,
12bore IOF with Original BSA barrel.
Paying a premium on the basis of unverifiable and according to me,bogus claims is not very wise.Ultimately,it is your money.Price should be between 25-35,000/-.The higher price is for the so called BSA barreled shotguns.BTW there is no quality difference between the two.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Winnie,Rajesh,
there surely is a difference between indian and british quality and beauty,else our very own chacha wouldnt have fallen hook line sinker for a M' batton inspite of having a beautiful delicate kamal by his side.
Jokes apart,have evevtually finalised(99%) to go in for the Webley Scott @1L ,went all the way to Pune ,yesterday,to inspect it.
Found that it was really in very good condition,sparingly used,original stock,very light compared to the IOF dbbl,barrell was mirror finish,tight as a virgin.Its worth the money.
Will post pics once transferred to my Ration Card(wish it could be that way) i mean Arms Licence.
Though i liked the weapon,dint love it.Was more interested in one with very good engraving work.Love the engraving i seen on a H&H(belonging to a friend).
Also liked the metal work on the beretta silver pigeon U/O(owned by a friend).
Waiting for the above masterpieces to come my way-someday.
Regards
GR
Last edited by gunrunner on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:06 am

GR

Congrats on the Webley Scott .. do elaborate which others guns did you see in Pune Hand H and a Beretta?

Best