Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Post by art_collector » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:50 am

Grumpy";p="18854 wrote:You reckon that `Wat shud`, `u`, `ur`, `wud`, etc are English ?
Sorry mate, I`m being a boring old f**t. Text speak drives me up the wall.

Dear Grumpy,

Regret using the wrong english spellings....no they did not teach this to us in school :oops:
Used these shortcuts because of the sms we often send and thought that the idea for the post was simply to convey my opinion. I did forget the wide reach the forum has. Taken your advise ....will try not to butcher English again.

{u sound so much like my Dad ...thanks anyway}

AC

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:35 pm

art_collector";p="18890 wrote:
Grumpy";p="18854 wrote:You reckon that `Wat shud`, `u`, `ur`, `wud`, etc are English ?
Sorry mate, I`m being a boring old f**t. Text speak drives me up the wall.

Dear Grumpy,

Regret using the wrong english spellings....no they did not teach this to us in school :oops:
Used these shortcuts because of the sms we often send and thought that the idea for the post was simply to convey my opinion. I did forget the wide reach the forum has. Taken your advise ....will try not to butcher English again.

{u sound so much like my Dad ...thanks anyway}

AC
That u should be "You". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry AC just kidding :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:34 pm

Kanwar,

Tere naal tee I can talk in Punjabi.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Oh.. Gr888 paaji... :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 pm

:shock: text speak? sms speak? :shock:

why the :oops: abashed apologies gentlmen? do remember the age we are in is far beyond the Orwellian dream of Oceanic Newspeak. if in doubt, pick up Rushdie(for instance) and try to compare his writings with Walter Scott. all things in the world, language included, evolve. it is almost expected that people pecking at keyboards would resort to shortcuts, more so among friends (even scribblers with fountain pens do), so what's the big deal guys?

if Anthony Burgess and Lewis Caroll could get away with neologisms, why do we pin poor AC down for words that, for a start, he did not concieve anyway? .... in most of his school life he'd have been learning english the RP way (which i have noted, very few people in England actually speak, except perhaps the Queen and Rowan Atkinson :D )or are we just feeling jabberwockied :wink:

ahem! back to the guns please
Last edited by hamiclar01 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:03 pm

AC is Danish......or AC is also Danish ?
Sorry to sound like your dad........like I said, I was in BOF mode.
It`s news to me that Rowan Atkinson speaks RP........ hardly anyone does nowadays - and that includes the Queen.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Touche!and the relevant correction has been done!

BTW if edmund blackadder isn't the epitome of RP, who is?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:36 am

msandhu";p="18882 wrote:I created this thread to check the quality of different Indian made guns other than IOF when we were shopping for a 12 gauge double barrel gun. Though we have bought mehar singh and sons but still i would like to know experience of other people with different Indian manufactured guns.
Cheers
Mandeep
Mandeep,

Mehar Singh is a very fine gun by Indian standards,given that IOF no longer manufacturers the DBBL.
I have had one for more than 16 yrs now,and have never had a problem.The ejctors work very well.
For home defense use Shakrtiman Slug's or Hollow Point's,fired a few recently they are lethal to say the least with devastating results.

Cheers

Sanjay

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:06 am

Hi Sanjay,
Your words are sounds so nice to my ears...i have fired some shots with it and so far i have liked it too...
cheers
Mandeep

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Big problem is also getting good shotgun cartridges ordance stuff is worst by chance upper cover of ASTRAM no1 cardridge was opened to my surprise , when pellets came out some of the pellets were of substandard quality and some in broken form these type of amno can affect the barrel adversely dsingh

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Does anyone else other than ordinance factory make shotshells in India ?? Is foreign made ammunation avaialble with dealers ?? (i am sure if they have then they will be selling it at very high prices)
Cheers
Mandeep

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:09 pm

Shotgun Cartridges are made by Indian Ordanance Factory at Khadhki , Pune. In terms of quality these cartridges are supposed to be the best.
But suffer in terms of poor supply and is often remains in short supply , eratic pricing & bad packing .

Shotgun cartridges are also made by a few manufacturers in the private sector also . Some of the private manufacturers are :

SHAKTIMAN - Made by Dwarka Arms at Bellary . They manufacture shot sizes 1, BB , 4.8m/m , blank and Ball and are supposed to be the best cartridges in the pvt sector. They use imported primers and p caps ( its printed on their boxes)

MEHARSONS- Jammu
ROTEX - Ghazipur
Haris Gun - Kanpur
EBCO - Lucknow
OLYMPIC & CHETAK - Blank ammunition
Might be some more that I dont know off.

Import of Shotgun ammunition for 12 Bore is not allowed so you often find old 12 bore ammo beng sold at fancy prices or you come across shot sizes 7 1/2 being sold. Basically meant for shooters for what purpose it is purchased by individuals its difficult to guess. Think it is the IMOPORTED brand name.

AC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 pm

art_collector

I thought that only IOF and Shaktiman brand shotgun cartridges were made in India.I have never seen any other make in the market here.

penpusher

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:12 am

Bro AC the 71/2 that u see is usually the imported ammo of renowned shooters, who have permit to import ammo.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanks for correcting me Sa_ali.

I always thought that the renowned shooters had a licence to import and permission to sell the ammunition to others.

AC