Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:38 pm

i didnt mention they have permit to sell it ;)

no debate, jst passin info nothing more :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Best Quality Indian Made 12 guage shotguns

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:52 pm

OK lets forget it buddy.
Dosent make a difference to me whether they use it or sell it.

AC

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:16 pm

The Best quality indian made shot guns are still made by GIRKO (Munger, Bihar)
Even if u enquire with any dealer in india He would say so.
any one who has a confusion may come and check.
By the way before coming just inform me , so that i coukld be at the factory to accompany u.
as i belong to this place.
I am using an IOF DBBL and find it pretty OK but as good as the GIRKO one.
(rice bet. 30 to 40 thousand rupees)

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:29 pm

Who is GIRKO ? Is it Girdhari Lal & Sons CO. inside the Jail Complex in Mongheyr fort ?

Yes they do make better quality Indian made shotguns. It is modelled more on a BSA shotgun.

These gunsmiths have good skills and in the past they have impressed with their skills during repairs and restoration work.

Where are you from Rudra ? Mongher, Begusarai, Jamalpore or Bhagalpore ?

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:31 pm

some of the jammu guns are as cheap as 9000 or 11000 but they have changed the design now there is open space between the 2 barrells. Then there are good factories in mandi in Himachal but price is higher and gun is heavier. Then ALFA MODEL of Rajput gun service is becoming very popular in punjab and this gun is manufatured in REWA inM.P.I have two guns of eagle of santakhoo gun works these have very long range. Apart from these models I have heard that pritam singh and sons of jammu have good quality but is heavy. I come to this conclusion that only MEHAR SINGH manufactres all parts of guns unlike other who just assemble it. Although metal of eagle is best, but system is best in mehar singh. may be iam wrong.

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Best Indian Double Barrel Gun

Post by mittu_in » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:29 am

Which is the best DBBL make manufactured in India. I ve seen market is flooded with numerous brands like Bhati, Shauri, BSA, Shaktiman etc. Tell me which brand i should pickup with closed eyes

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:47 am

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Best Indian Double Barrel Gun

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:14 am

I am doing kinda telephonic research :mrgreen: for shotguns nowdays, and around 50% of the dealers are recommending a shotgun made in bihar called Girko. I am yet to see it but if so many dealers are recommending it then I think its worth a look..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Best Indian Double Barrel Gun

Post by biking3819 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:30 am

have a look at meher singh also...

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mittu_in » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:56 am

Thanks Inder and biking

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Inder,

Have you considered the possibility that the dealers probably get a better profit margin on these Girko shotguns and might not be necessarily a reflection on their 'good' quality.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Girco shotguns are modelled on BSA shotgun, and quite reliable in terms of action, craftsmanship, if not well balanced.

For home defence use they are perfectly suitable. I will go on to add they are one of the best Indian made shotguns apart from IOF made guns.

Common features are 30 inch barells and 2 3/4 inch chambers.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi,

Recently I made a survey of the DBBL 12 bore guns made in Munger & Jammu and their prices in Delhi. I am mentioning the retail prices here. The prices include VAT @ 12.5%. Broadly divided the guns into four categories.

(A) Priced Between 10000 to 11000
(B) Priced Between 11001 to 14000
(C) Priced Between 14001 to 17000
(D) Priced at 17001 and above

Many guns were available in the first category thats was between 10000 to 11000
The guns were Tusker,Sportsman , Bharat Small Arms ,Baco, eagle etc.

Only one brand was priced at 17000/- and above. These were guns by New Light Art Works and Bhatti & Co.

Mehar Singh's prices varied. Some shops sold them at 15000 while another one sold it at 13000/- The variation in price was because of the two different partners who make it.

Bulk of the guns from Munger were available at 12000/- Checked for Girilal . They were not avilable in Delhi but are avialable at Lucknow . Ill check up the prices and post them on the forum shortly.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Gentlemen as far as my knowlgede at present Mehar Singh is the best in all aspects like ejector good metal ,weight it is only gun which have been approved by BIS anyone can search throgh the google.Apart from this gun eagle has the best metal in barrel as I have 2 guns of same company olden one of1978 make has good ejector in newer one of2003 without ejector has a good firepower .Eagle guns has better range and I did fire 20 cartridges of 1940 make excecpt for 2 misses it has fired all.As far as mehar singh is concened two brothers baldev singh and rajdev singh r owners.Rajdev was execelent in gunmaking and new metal in newer version is much improved.Apart from this GIRDHARI LAL make is lightest one and have beautiful design I saw it and is priced 16000 in SAS NAGAR otherwise it is very rare in chandigarh or punjab .

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:22 pm

As I have done a lot of market survey before going for the second gun. Pritam Singh and sons has good firing power but is very heavy also it has nice ejector a person owning tusker gun says it is very heavy but good in firing. About MANDI gun factories one of my dad friend who is senior police officer says it is best and offered to arrange for me and factory owner offfered to sell best model for 14000 bucks but I went for eagle as I have good experience with it.Mandi guns are very expensive but it is only factory which is exporting shotguns.Even alpha of Rajput gun works has nice design but u compare all aspects mehar singh is the best. cheers