Indian made Under Over Guns for shooters .

Posts related to shotguns.
peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Indian made Under Over Guns for shooters .

Post by peterdk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:39 pm

varun

how do you make the monoblock and action, and could you please show a few pictures of the underlugs ?

best

peter
Life is to short for a low quality gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gurpartap Kaleka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gurpartap Kaleka » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Hello Mr. Varun
It's a great effort what you are doing I never expected this from any gun manufacturer in India. So I congratulate you for the effort and wish you luck for the it's sure shot success. I've been a national level air rifle shooter and now have shifted to trap and it will be a gift for us that you succeed. I have been in shooting for few years now and know that there is no support for new shooters in India from government. They just want shooters should fall from heaven and get India Olympic medals but will not make any efforts for new comers. Your effort will surely help the new comers. I've recently surveyed the market and I just found old Miroku or Browning guns for a very unreasonable price which most new comers can't afford. I don't have much technical knowledge about shotguns but from my decent knowledge I can say that if you make quality as your priority I am sure the guns gonna sell like hot cakes. If you can equal the quality with European gun makers you gonna rule the market I am sure. It's hard to spend 3-4 lacs for a new comer for an old Miroku or Browning I hope you will be able to viva better quality than these guns for a quite a reasonable price.
I personally wil be the first ones to buy your product.
Looking forward for it.

Thanx

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Yes I agree that it is a positive effort by Varun, at the same time I would like to draw attention to the fact mentioned by Peter in one of his posts that it is the enormous back thrust that is generated during the firing of shotgun is a very important component of force that puts the action of shotgun under a very strong impulse. (For understanding meaning of impulse please refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_%28physics%29). The impulse gets transferred to the part of action that has firing pins and to the the hinge through action. If the design and material of action is flawed or weak, it will cause a major disaster. These kind of design or hidden metallurgical defects do not show up during proof testing but can certainly show up after firing of couple of thousand shots. I am not aware if other shotgun manufacturers around the world make the actions from cast steel, but as far as I know forged steel is much more durable and reliable than cast steel. Castings often hide hidden defects below the surface of metal. Ref: http://www.scotforge.com/sf_facts_solution.htm
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 am

This has been an interesting topic.

Its a pity i missed it.

Got a lot of learning.
I wish Mr. Varun all the best.

I am nowhere as knowledgable as Peter, bespoke, Cc, eljefe etc but i am able to give you a quick and easy tip that will dramaticaslly improve the quality of your guns, make them (very) slightly cheaper to manufacture and can happen overnight without any investment and training.

they will also be better for shooting clays. (though nowhere near 'worldstandards')

Remove the pistol grip from the foreend. Trust me it doesnt help.
Im sure anybody who has shot clays will agree.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:45 am

Folks

Take a peek fellows at this decent semi auto made by DSA semi auto Daudson Sons armory Peshawar link from Pakguns. Check this out :cheers: Kudos to the company point is its doable and here is an example from across the border..why not partner with them seriously

http://www.pakguns.com/content.php?122- ... 480972b8ba

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 am

thats a lovely gun, atleast from the looks and finish on it, they have screw in chokes also.
I am in love with the box :)
and above all the pricing, its jst 30K, with extra barrel, choke and hard case. :shock:

DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 pm

sa_ali wrote:
thats a lovely gun, atleast from the looks and finish on it, they have screw in chokes also.
I am in love with the box :)
and above all the pricing, its jst 30K, with extra barrel, choke and hard case. :shock:
1 Pakistani Rupee(PKR) =0.53052 INR
So 30,000 PKR =15,915 INR
Man that's cheap!! Check out their price list in lahore
http://www.pakguns.com/content.php?135- ... zastava-tt

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Folks Check this old discussion on Pakistan guns

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=980

http://www.daudsons.org/ Link to Daud sons their sxs are decent too I read that Reagan was presented one of their guns..

best

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Abbas from pakguns is going to have a new bunch of fan following... :D
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

saleem
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by saleem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 am

congratulations Mr. Varun Bhargav for your sincere efforts in providing us with Indias first successful clay shooting shotgun. being a shooter myself and knowing the importance of good equipment here i would like to suggest a few requisitions-
1. the barrel should have good internal boring and provide a good shot pattern.
2. it should have a 10mm ventilated target rib
3. the barrel to receiver locking mechanism should be strong and solid because these guns undergo a lot of stress every day
4. should have a selective single trigger with autoloader mechanism, ie. the second barrel fires on after the first fires successfully
5. good and sturdy stock wood to withstand thousands of fires
6. stock adjustable for comb, cast and length of pull
7. iterchangeable choke tubes if possible
8. and of course good quality steel
all these things are easier said than done but best of luck :cheers:

hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:08 pm

also concentrare on steel ejectors because; regulars wont work for long....hornet

maverickwebley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by maverickwebley » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:37 am

Dear Varun,

You can also try reverse engineering ------ chinese style.

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirkh » Fri May 06, 2011 6:31 pm

dear varun,
are your guns ready for sale?

regards

shaileshgunner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shaileshgunner » Mon May 09, 2011 2:44 am

Dear Mr. varun,

Kindly update on the progress on your venture of O/U shot gun.
A good no. of shooters across the country are waiting for this.
If you have started manufacturing, kindly let us know how we can get a good piece.
I myself am searching for a decent o/u but not at very high price.
Do post your reply......

Shaileshgunner

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon May 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Like i said earlier there are some gunsmith who have inherited the gun smithing business and have been working on guns for generations. These are are good and if given exposure to new technology and machines and things like CAD modern metallurgy would do wonders like our friends across the borders . I have come across gunsmiths in my small little town of Dehradun that have salvaged and repaired guns that were totally written off and the work is of exceptional quality.The craftsman ship and skill to make guns and the talent is present what needs to be done is manufacturers invest and impove their products if anyone stars getting close to daudsons or the commercially made turkish shotguns I am sure the manufacturers will find more orders and buyers for their product than they can manufacture.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357