Brno ZP49 Hard Hitter DeLuxe.

Posts related to shotguns.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Brno ZP49 Hard Hitter DeLuxe.

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="13342 wrote:Where have you been Inder?

Is your daughter okay now?

Mack The Knife

I am here only Mack The Knife, just didn't log on weekend..

And Gunn is also fine :? If you are referring to doctor trip which i told you about when i was there at your place then that was just a routine vaccine trip.

What are you doing on weekend? Want to come and drool over your new acquired beauty... :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:56 pm

Shahid,

Thanks for your candid comments. Being totally ignorant about shotguns I'd much rather have frank opinions rather than polite ones.

Yet to check the chamber and will let you know what it is when I do so.

No idea if 3" shells are available. I'll happily use whatever the club has at hand - Compak or some such thing and if I am not mistaken they are 2 1/2" shells, though I could be wrong.
Your patterns are not really dense.
That is precisely what I thought but knowing diddly squat on the subject, I wanted this to come from you chaps.

You have a P.M.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:17 pm

Compak is a 24 gram, 70 mm shell made in Cyprus by the victory company. A good performer. Quite adequate for your gun and very ecnomical.

Good fast burning powder and fair power piston and shot cup. Clean burning. No residue in barrels after firing. Mirage clever does leave residue.

Whenever possible go for the best skeet / trap cartridge which is RC 4 Championship form Italy.

These guys are good. A bunch of Lebanese shooting enthusiasts who run the business in Cyprus. They have invited me to shoot with them many times. Always meet them and take them out for Desert drives when they come every year for the Hunting Exhibition.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks, Shahid.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 pm

The patterns with No 1 shot are pretty poor......bizarre even in the case of the right barrel. I can only imagine that they`d be even worse with with BB or SSG. Things are much better with the bird shot I`m happy to say. It`ll be interesting to measure the chokes to see what the actual constrictions are compared to the bores - the patterns don`t look particularly tight however it`s difficult to comment without knowing what percentage of the shot can be seen. The patterns with No.1 shot are `blown`...... mostly into a vertical string in the case of the right barrel.
Last edited by Grumpy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 pm

Try to find some old LG or SG cartridges and shoot from that on the target... then it will be easy to count the shots and this will prove the accuracy of ur gun.

Danish

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Mack The Knife, You better start using the .405 inserts...;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 pm

Hope this is informative http://www.rfgc.org/reload/pattern_density_calc.htm

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:17 am

The patterns with No 1 shot are pretty poor......bizarre even in the case of the right barrel.
My friend made a mistake with that shot (right barrel, using No.1)

Sod's Law being what it is, No.1s are the cartridges most easily available at the moment.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:19 am

eljefe";p="13377 wrote:Mack The Knife, You better start using the .405 inserts...;)
It's my turn to beg your pardon for living but I haven't the foggiest what you are talking about.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:21 am

Thanks, penpusher.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:34 am

put in the .405 win inserts mate ;) check to see if one leg has grown longer...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:37 am

Are you on drugs???

Forgive me but the brain simply isn't ticking over. Knackered.

Check your e-mail for some interesting pics.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:51 am

I haven`t a clue what he`s talking about either...............
Dodger, the next time you pattern the gun use 30" circles with a centre dot ( to aim at ) and deliberately aim the gun - you are pattern testing, not checking for gun fit.
Do you mean that your friend was moving the gun when firing the right barrel with No 1s ? That might explain the weird stringing. There`s still a damn great hole in the left barrel pattern though.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 am

Rusty, like Grumpy pointed out, there are "holes" in the pattern that a bird can escape thru. Like he also said, the combination of bore and choke could be "blowing" the pattern too. I'd recommend, trying different ammo, low shot weight doesn't always mean bad patterns. Maybe your gun will like the 7/8 oz (~24 gm) loads in 7 1/2s or 8s better. Best of luck, keep trying.

Double again with Grumpy on using the 30" circle and holding the gun VERY steady and "aim" at the dot. Maybe even use a rest of some sort. I've used a rifle shooting bench for patterning myself. May kick a bit, don't bother, you're just checking for pattern not fit. Also, use the Rib/Bead for "aiming" for patterning purposes, although you'll probably not (I'd say, should not) use it for hunting/targets.