Posts related to shotguns.
khavadvijay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

John Browning

Post by khavadvijay » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello Friends,

I Am From Gujarat.

A John Browning 12 Bore 5 Shot (Bolt Action) Gun Is For Sale Here.

Condition Is Excellent And He Is Asking For 2.5 Lakhs,Is This Price is Okay??
Thanks In Advance

He Is Not Allowing To Take Photos Of Gun Until You Buy It.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: John Browning

Post by Katana » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:56 pm

PM me you contacts. I'll help you out.

However, be advised that bolt action shot guns are generally used for slugs and sabots on large game. Their barrels are generally not choked, so your shot is likely to scatter at shorter yardage, defeating the very purpose you may intend to purchase this gun. Meanwhile, a dealer in Ahmedabad has a Browning Superposed, the grand daddy of all over under shotguns. He's worked on it but it's still in decent shape.

As a request, please post an introduction about yourself before you make any firearms related posts. That way people would get to know you and respond accordingly.
Last edited by Katana on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Are you sure it is a bolt action gun and not Browning A-5, a semi-automatic gun?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

DId it actually say "John Browning" on it or was it just stamped "Browning"?
How old is this shotgun?

Be very careful here, something doesn't smell right.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 am

i could be mistaken (but i don't think that i am), but John Browning's designs were always planar -- they operated in two dimensions. Bolt action guns work in all three dimensions -- i don't believe that Browning ever designed such a gun, shotgun, rifle, or pistol.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Guys, most people in my part of the world have no clue about 'John Browning' or just 'Browning' or the history, design and the importance of his firearms. Dealers do take these guys for a ride. That's why I offered to help him. However, I doubt whether he'll take up the offer.

Some years ago, I sold a beautiful A5 in Ahmedabad, due to unavoidable reasons. I suspect it might be the same one.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.