Dagger SAP6, 12 Ga, Mag-fed, P/Action

Posts related to shotguns.
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Dagger SAP6, 12 Ga, Mag-fed, P/Action

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Image Image

I came across this very interesting shotgun - The Dagger SAP6, 12 Gauge, Magazine-fed, Pump Action Shotgun.

This was introduced in Canada by Tactical Imports http://www.tacticalimports.ca/ in Aug of 2014. Tactical played a major part right from the development stages of the gun, to launching it, working closely with the Turkish manufacturer. I believe that the SAP6 is exclusive to Canada and not yet available in the USA.

With their shortest barrel a mere 11.4 inches this is indeed a very short, shotgun; the adjustable stock can be removed completely making it even shorter. The sturdy metal magazines have a capacity of 6 shells. The spring assisted pump action is quite unique - it takes a bit of getting used to in order to fall into the rhythm of rapid firing.

Since the launch, Tactical have also recently introduced a larger 11 shot magazine (now they may have to rename it SAP11 :lol:), a pump handle with rail and a 14 inch barrel. Quite a powerful package! The gun retails for $699

Here are the specs from Tactical:
Details:
The revolution in shotgun design is finally here: introducing the SAP6 magazine fed pump action shotgun, exclusively from Tactical Imports.

The development of the SAP6 shotgun sought to overcome many of the shortfalls of the common and dated shotgun design. The use of a detachable magazine allows for a shorter barrel without the sacrifice of magazine capacity. The shorter length results in a shotgun that is lighter, more compact and faster for CQB, action shooting and hunting scenarios. The detachable magazine also allows for easy and rapid reloading over conventional tube type systems. Magazine seating is straight insertion style, allowing for smooth and simplistic reloads.

The full length picatinny rail permits the user to tailor their shotgun towards their specific needs/mission requirements with a wide variety of picatinny accessories. The telescoping stock features multiple positions, permitting comfortable use by all.

Reliability has always been a concern with detachable magazine shotguns, which is why the SAP6 has gone under an extensive testing and evaluation process involving multiple prototypes. Tactical Imports was heavily involved during this process to ensure the ultimate in reliability and durability standards.

Comes with two magazines and instruction manual, optics/accessories not included. Non-restricted class. In-stock and ready to ship.

Features:
  • •Detachable magazine for quick and easy reloading
    •Full length picatinny rail
    •Telescoping stock
    •Built-in shell holder
    •Ambidextrous design allows for comfortable shooting by both left and right handed users
    •Compact 11.4" barrel
    •Spare magazines fit in double AR-15 magazine pouch
    •Straight-insertion magazine seating
Specifications:
  • Caliber: 12GA 3"
    Choke: Cylinder, fixed
    Magazine Capacity: 6
    Method of Operation: Pump
    Length with Stock Retracted: 740mm
    Length with Stock Extended: 835mm
    Sights: Hood style front sight
    Barrel Length: 290mm
    Weight: 2041g
Review on YouTube:

[youtube][/youtube]

Reliability Test:

[youtube][/youtube]
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Dagger SAP6, 12 Ga, Mag-fed, P/Action

Post by Vikram » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Very interesting find,Kalyan. On the practical side, I just do not know what it could be used for.The guy reviewing mentions a few uses such as dispatching a bear or a cougar that tries to make a steak dinner out of one :wink: .

My worry would be the thunder clap and lightning and the whack to my shoulder from that stubby barrel. Imagine firing full house buckshot or slug loads from that. Will definitely clear my sinuses. :shock: :D

Thanks for sharing.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Agree with Vikram, very interesting concept and at a very good price too. People who like the black/tactical stuff would love it. Herb

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:48 am

[quote="ckkalyan"]Image Image

I came across this very interesting shotgun - The Dagger SAP6, 12 Gauge, Magazine-fed, Pump Action Shotgun.

This was introduced in Canada by Tactical Imports http://www.tacticalimports.ca/ in Aug of 2014. Tactical played a major part right from the development stages of the gun, to launching it, working closely with the Turkish manufacturer. I believe that the SAP6 is exclusive to Canada and not yet available in the USA.
[quote]

Since the US requires a shotgun barrel length of at least 18 inches, it is unlikely that the shorter barrel versions will be imported. Though I am sure the tactical crowd would love them. Would not be a bad choice in a remote mining exploration camp, but other than that, it would be "tactical" or home defense.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:22 am

Thank you for your replies and take on this shotgun gentlemen - Vikram, herb and TwoRivers! :D

One factor that interested me, in the Canadian context, is that this shotgun is a non-restricted firearm. It can be carried in the trunk of a car anywhere - transported simply, unloaded and stored in the trunk, or out of sight in the back of the car - no trigger lock required.

It occupies very little space and being a magazine fed shotgun it can be brought into action very quickly (as against tube fed), simply by inserting the fully loaded magazine into the shotgun (unloaded-click-loaded). From the reviews the reliability of its magazine feed is very good, and the capacity of between 6 and 11 shot shells at hand was a positive.

I could not find a review that mentioned the amount of kick but here is a guy trying out slugs at a good distance (45-50 yds) on a gong. Notice the recoil. He doesn't seem too wince too much and calls it a great backpacking gun!

[youtube][/youtube]

I think it would have made an amazing coach gun back in the days of Wells Fargo stagecoaches and given the highwaymen quite a warm reception! :lol:

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:10 am

A dandy little shotgun. This would make a really cool home defense or around the farm truck-gun.
Unfortunately, as Two Rivers mentions, we probably wont see it in the USA, at least in the form.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 am

xl_target wrote:A dandy little shotgun. This would make a really cool home defense or around the farm truck-gun.
Unfortunately, as Two Rivers mentions, we probably wont see it in the USA, at least in the form.
I am sorely tempted to get one! :D

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:57 pm

ckkalyan wrote:I am sorely tempted to get one! :D
I have this vision of you jumping out of a burning cabin, à la Charles Branson in "Death Hunt", which incidentally was also set in Canada, with this pump gun blazing. :wink: ROTFL ROTFL

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:09 pm

:lol: Good one Vikram! Huge muzzle staring out!