Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Posts related to shotguns.
indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Post by indeep » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am

Hi all,

This is my first post here and this thread seemed related to arm I process (but not a user of it)so posting here.. I have a AYA sxs DBBL 12 bore gun bought in 1950 and want to sell it. Help with the price I can get in India (New Delhi) and any other info is appreciated , as I suppose many experienced folks here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: AyA Spanish Shotgun and rifle manufacturer

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:18 pm

indeep wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am
Hi all,

This is my first post here and this thread seemed related to arm I process (but not a user of it)so posting here.. I have a AYA sxs DBBL 12 bore gun bought in 1950 and want to sell it. Help with the price I can get in India (New Delhi) and any other info is appreciated , as I suppose many experienced folks here.

Indeep,

What model is it and what condition is it in? Please post several, clear photos of the gun showing all the markings, the stock, barrels, inside barrels and action. It will help in establishing the age, model and condition of the gun. Do not rush into selling and also many dealers typically will undervalue the gun by a huge margin. Wait for the replies of informed members here and see what they have to say.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: AyA Spanish Shotgun and rifle manufacturer

Post by indeep » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Thanks Vikram for your kind and all correct reply :) . I can not make out the exact model. Barrel length seems 28/29" . Sharing some pics for more inputs .
Would appreciate inputs from other experts also... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Post by Vikram » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Indeep,

Going by the serial number, your gun is most likely made in 1948 or late 1947. 2 3/4" (70mm) chambers. I think it is their entry level model marketed in many places as Yeoman. Non-ejector. I would like to see photos of the breech and muzzle ends, and what the barrels look inside.

From the photos you posted, it has surface pitting and spots of rust. One needs to check it properly to see how deep and how bad it is. The stock is also not in the best shape. Must have been stored away and forgotten. Please don't take it personally but it is what it is. It definitely needs some check-up by a competent gunsmith before it can be sold off.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:29 pm

AYA Yeoman. Most Probably Model 1 or 2. Made in Spain. As rightly said by Vikram 1 3/4" (70mm) chambers. some rust and pitting is visible on Muzzle. A dealer or a gun smith can cast a better view on its Pricing.
If Everything is fine then It can fetch 50-60K, by the name foreign Make gun. its just my View..
Regards

Shivaji

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:04 pm

With that , I got some really good info about it. Vikram you are correct with "stored away and forgotten" , nothing as personally offending. What is there... must be said like that. Thanks both of you for your inputs . Will share more detailed views as requested.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:25 am

Per my limited knowledge guns made in 70 or 60s were of better quality ; although Aya has been one of the premier gun manufacturer from Basque. They used to have Aya Grade 2 which are great value and then entry level Matador series. You can even try writing directly to them and see what info Aya can provide. Doesnt mean what you have isnt good just check for obvious things .

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:29 pm

@ngrewal. "You can even try writing directly to them and see what info Aya can provide"

By Info, do you mean Model No, and other details ? :?:

BTW I wrote to them if they can buy back or that sort of option..but they replied saying that they don't deal in used ones.
I would have been happier if AYA wanted to take it ... I value their creativity ...and to give their masterpiece back .. :)

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello all,

Sharing some more pics and video. Barrel length more than 30 inches.
These only shots I managed to capture for Barrel and Muzzle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:43 pm

Folks , please share some more light on this :idea:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Is it possible to see a photo of the insides of the barrels from the muzzle-end?

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 pm

Vikram,

Please if you can make out from this much pics..Tried to cover as much possible while clicking...Have it with some body else and it will be third time for the pics..hope u understand.. What do u say..

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:50 am

There is a good bit of rust and pitting in the chambers. I cannot make out how bad and how deep. The same goes for the barrels. Then, one has to look for the same through the length of the rib. My suggestion is to have it checked by a competent gunsmith. Depending on that one could guess a ballpark figure.I don't know where you live or the where the gun is.

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:23 pm

I live in Delhi...if you are here, I shall arrange for your checking..Else if you can have it done through somebody here ..just let me know...Its shall be my pleasure if the Gun goes in good hands like you..(I suppose :) )

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:18 am

In my uninformed opinion, you could ask for Rs.50,000/- and take it from there. There are several dealers in Delhi, the names and addresses of whom can be found out at the Yellow Pages section of this forum. Do not rush into selling and see who offers the best price. As a rule dealers would offer the worst price but you can haggle. Good luck.

I am not based in India. Thank you though.