Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Posts related to shotguns.
indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Post by indeep » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Vikram,

Through IFG I have now communicated with some interesting people whom I would like to know more about :) (how can I talk them off-topic I still have to check rules :lol: ) .

Being in Delhi, I have contacted dealers and as you were right, they are giving very much less. I know dealers here are very clever.
If somebody known to you, your circle or any other member here would be interested, it will be of great help.

Thanks ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Currently the market for guns and especially beat up old SxS shotguns (no offence intended, just saying it like I see it) has pretty much tanked. After seeing the photos, IMHO even 50K would be a damn good price to get... YMMV :)

A dealer would typically offer 20% less than market value, as he has to take the risk of buying and stocking it, in the hope that he can make a quick and profitable sale. After all he is in the business to make a profit :)

The market value of imported firearms has been on a downward trend for the past few years, especially since 2016. There are many factors responsible for this:

1) Far fewer fresh licenses being issued

2) Increased renewal fees and late renewal penalties (per Arms Rules 2016), led many old timers to start selling off their firearms

3) Poor state of the Indian economy these past few years

4) Lastly, with the recent Arms Act Amendment (December 2019), many people are being forced to part with one of their guns, to stay within the (new) limit of two guns.

While 1 & 3 limit demand, 2 & 4 mean that there are many more guns coming up for sale, i.e. more supply.

Wish you luck with the sale.

If you wish to put it up for sale here, DO REMEMBER to adhere to the rules regarding putting up free classified adverts on this website (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15160 )

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Thanks Abhijit for sharing your valuable experience, views and current market trend. Really helpful and guiding to me :) .
Will try accordingly.
IMHO , Still I feel forums specially IFG will be better place to deal if somebody wants it..

Cheers..

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi Folks,

Hope you all are doing good. After much efforts now , I am unable to find a buyer for my gun mentioned in this post. Need help with other options available like disposing/surrendering the same in police records if nothing is working to sell it. I am stuck with it.
Even tried some museums but they say its not antique . Any help is much appreciated .

Sincerely,

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:51 am

indeep wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:48 pm
Hi Folks,

Hope you all are doing good. After much efforts now , I am unable to find a buyer for my gun mentioned in this post. Need help with other options available like disposing/surrendering the same in police records if nothing is working to sell it. I am stuck with it.
Even tried some museums but they say its not antique . Any help is much appreciated .

Sincerely,
To be honest, the gun is in very bad condition and I think no dealer will buy it. You can deposit it in police station. Give an application that you can not look after the weapon.

Police won’t accept the gun easily. You will have to give some good reasoning like you are too old to take care of the gun or you live alone and the gun can be stolen when you are not home. You know how things work in police stations.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:05 am

Just a suggestion, many ex Armed force service men purchase second hand/used/old guns, specially the DB as they work with security services and mainly posted in Banks. They prefer. go for low budget weapons.
If your purpose suits then you can give it to some of those fellows off course with all documentation and a suitable charge. It will solve your purpose as well the weapon will also maintained in future.
Regards

Shivaji

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Vineet and Shivaji,,

Appreciate your inputs on the same. Thanks for guiding ...

Shall I take it to be good deal if somebody wants it for below 20k.

Sincerely,

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 pm

For this gun, yes. Better get rid of it.
Regards

Shivaji

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:25 pm

Shivaji,

Just for a reason, if you don't take it otherwise, I remember, you said it can fetch 50-60k in initial reply...What was your viewpoint at that time, or were you missing something you had now noticed.

Sincerely,

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:25 pm

Folks,

It would be helpful if anybody can please share the step-by-step tasks I shall need to do if some "Dealer/gun house" or "individual" sets a deal.
I mean the docs. I would be requiring from them first to make deal documented and then.
In case it goes, Should the sale permission be executed first just on verbal commitment by any such party or is there some agreement/letter i need to get before initiating sale permission.

Sincerely,

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:28 pm

indeep wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Folks,

It would be helpful if anybody can please share the step-by-step tasks I shall need to do if some "Dealer/gun house" or "individual" sets a deal.
I mean the docs. I would be requiring from them first to make deal documented and then.
In case it goes, Should the sale permission be executed first just on verbal commitment by any such party or is there some agreement/letter i need to get before initiating sale permission.

Sincerely,
The procedure to sell a weapon differ from state to state. Here in Punjab one needs to get NOC for sale of weapon from ADM. The NOC is valid for three months and the Licencee can sell the weapon to any license holder having permission to purchase a gun or any dealer within the valid area as per his license.

I believe you are from Delhi so someone from there can help you better.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:13 pm

indeep wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:25 pm
Shivaji,

Just for a reason, if you don't take it otherwise, I remember, you said it can fetch 50-60k in initial reply...What was your viewpoint at that time, or were you missing something you had now noticed.

Sincerely,
Bro, in general if a foreign make shotgun or Rifle is available for sale in market, the price is double or more, than it's Indian counterpart ( ofcourse if available). Any well maintained weapon or an old weapon with a recently done some good overall service can fetch a good price.
For example, a W.W Greener SB shotgun belongs to a landlord family in orissa was once on sale and the asking price was 50K. The gun was purchased on 1940s and used in some shikars. Maintained well.
An Indian new SB can go at max 20K if I am not wrong.
But in case of the weapon we are discussing here was not in good condition and it require an extensive servicing. As you are planning to sale it off so there is no point on investing a good amount in its service and better to sale it on the current best price. Again it's just my view.
Regards

Shivaji

indeep
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by indeep » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:41 pm

Thanks Shivaji for explaining.

Sincerely,