Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Posts related to shotguns.
indeep
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Help- Identify AyA Shotgun and Value

Post by indeep » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Vikram,

Through IFG I have now communicated with some interesting people whom I would like to know more about :) (how can I talk them off-topic I still have to check rules :lol: ) .

Being in Delhi, I have contacted dealers and as you were right, they are giving very much less. I know dealers here are very clever.
If somebody known to you, your circle or any other member here would be interested, it will be of great help.

Thanks ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Currently the market for guns and especially beat up old SxS shotguns (no offence intended, just saying it like I see it) has pretty much tanked. After seeing the photos, IMHO even 50K would be a damn good price to get... YMMV :)

A dealer would typically offer 20% less than market value, as he has to take the risk of buying and stocking it, in the hope that he can make a quick and profitable sale. After all he is in the business to make a profit :)

The market value of imported firearms has been on a downward trend for the past few years, especially since 2016. There are many factors responsible for this:

1) Far fewer fresh licenses being issued

2) Increased renewal fees and late renewal penalties (per Arms Rules 2016), led many old timers to start selling off their firearms

3) Poor state of the Indian economy these past few years

4) Lastly, with the recent Arms Act Amendment (December 2019), many people are being forced to part with one of their guns, to stay within the (new) limit of two guns.

While 1 & 3 limit demand, 2 & 4 mean that there are many more guns coming up for sale, i.e. more supply.

Wish you luck with the sale.

If you wish to put it up for sale here, DO REMEMBER to adhere to the rules regarding putting up free classified adverts on this website (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15160 )

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

indeep
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by indeep » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Thanks Abhijit for sharing your valuable experience, views and current market trend. Really helpful and guiding to me :) .
Will try accordingly.
IMHO , Still I feel forums specially IFG will be better place to deal if somebody wants it..

Cheers..