Shotgun prices going down

Posts related to shotguns.
ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Shotgun prices going down

Post by ASIF007 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 pm

Why are prices of 12 bore going down drastically? Indian made DBBL have no takers nowdays in Kolkata and price of imported DBBL have going down by half or more. A Westley Richards or WW Greener which was quoting at 1.5 l nowadays has very few takers even at 75 L. Price of hammer 12 bore in good condition in some shops are within 20k.

However prices of Rifles are still the same.

Regards
Asif

For Advertising mail webmaster
architectkhan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Shotgun prices going down

Post by architectkhan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:16 am

Dear Asif,

hi there, yes i see this in Hyderabad too, most of the weapons prices have gone down drastically. may be becz most of the top international companies are coming/ Launching in India with {international brands + made in india} the best companies " https://webleyscott.in/" is starting to sell in indian from Last week of april 2020 or may 2020 as per most dealers conveyed me . Well it is good to have the Arms in low price isn't..? hope for the best.

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 am

Getting a shotgun licence is tuff you need to go through civilian arms training and an interview with the police commisioner all this for getting a single barrel gun licence.....and most people who can afford a rifle dont go for shotguns........

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Prices are going down because the process to get firearms license has become very difficult. Therefore very few people get firearms.

Whatever licenses are issued, mostly are issued for self defence and people prefer revolver/pistol than shotgun for self defence. It's not that rifles market is very good. Rifle market is also down.

News that many private companies will be launching their products have also affected the market.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Vineet wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 pm
Prices are going down because the process to get firearms license has become very difficult. Therefore very few people get firearms.

Whatever licenses are issued, mostly are issued for self defence and people prefer revolver/pistol than shotgun for self defence. It's not that rifles market is very good. Rifle market is also down.

News that many private companies will be launching their products have also affected the market.
Vineet Bhai, suddenly I am seeing many sellers of side by side Shotgun in Kolkata and very few takers, a reason may be the maximum 2 Arms Rule. Most of the new licences issued in Kolkata are for Sports Shooting and extremely few for self defence. (I have acquired both)

Prices of a moderately fair condition imported Rife (.22/275/30 06/ 315/375 etc) are still very high in Kolkata in the range of Rs 5-10 lacs, something which I have still not understood. Can you explain please?`

Regards
Asif

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 am

Its best to look for guns from private sellers the price would be much low and there are some good guns out there.....both the seller and buyer gets a good deal

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm

riflemarksman wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 am
Its best to look for guns from private sellers the price would be much low and there are some good guns out there.....both the seller and buyer gets a good deal
Absolutely agree with you. Both sellers and buyers are happy. The best scenario is when the seller is desperately in need to sell off the weapon. But its not very common.

Regards
Asif

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:46 pm

main cause of low prices is now people goes for Pumpaction gun in some areas Indian make shotguns r sold for just 25000 .The coming of new companies may be another reason but now 12 bore reapter gun is coming now pupmaction prices will go down unlike other countries demand for breechloader shot have gone down .Litle does people think that breech loading shotguns have more life and durable in India. In India Pumpaction have just come .Indian companies r manufacturing single and doubble guns in improved manner i HAVE SEEN ONE SINGLE BARRELL of Mandi in Himachal Pradesh of visco excellent gun .As per rifle is compared to shotgun rifle have its own advantages but for home defence the shotgun r best . It is public choice inmany vidieos in youtube many Americans have shown great accuracy of single barrell except in Himachal pradesh it and jammu and kashmir this nice have no takers. Standard single barrell is 32 inch or more with range up to 90 meters if carteidge is nice more.New arms act is going to negative for shotguns people r disposing off shotguns in big way and r prefering handguns . Shotguns have clear edge in defensive situations to all guns.

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:17 pm

More people going for short barrel 12 bore .........double barrel with pistol grips also called hockey grips ......full stock is also available .....these are very handy ....the price is also affordable

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:54 pm

riflemarksman wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:17 pm
More people going for short barrel 12 bore .........double barrel with pistol grips also called hockey grips ......full stock is also available .....these are very handy ....the price is also affordable
U r right but hockey but is not good choice people r going for 2 types of guns one is fully Pistol grip and another Hockey but full scale Pistol is litle better but these r not suitable for Shotguns without proper but folding but is better choice. Small barrell craze came in mid 90s but many people used it for hunting ducks in canals . Small barrell needs careful handling .But now new craze more than deman is Pumpaction its demand is exceeding the actual supply .Each licence holder wants pumpaction without caring for durablity.Among the amno 4.8 Shaktiman 2 types one is mana and super magna is in high demand then comes ball amno rifles slug r rare to find balls comes and sold like anythingh same is in case bb of Shaktiman best for multiple purpose .Astram is very powerful the most powerful available in India but 4.8 have overtook it due to superior case. Astram sound is loudest among all cartridges.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:58 pm

some dealers have also stopped buying dbbls due to large stock.Recent amended arms act and introduction of pumpaction is taking heavy toll on traditional shotguns which r being dumped like scrap some of them made in 80s r in excellent condition.

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:43 pm

Pump action is good for home defence in cities but if you live in areas where you need to protect yourself from dangerous wild animals then the long barrel single shot or double barrel 12 bore would be more suitable and in such areas the prices have not gone down for these traditional 12 bore types

advghori
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by advghori » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 am

Hi all

I got my 12 bore license recently

Which 12 bore gun should I buy?

Purpose is self defence.

Sent from my PCT-AL10 using Tapatalk

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am

advghori wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 am
Hi all

Purpose is self defence.

Please look for pump action gun, it's the best choice for self defence. PAG is made by both OFB and private players. If you can wait, then wait for Webley Scott to launch their PAG. Check out their website, it's about to be launched in some months.

Kundra127
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kundra127 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 pm

advghori wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 am
Hi all

Purpose is self defence.

A pump action gun is the best choice .. the one iof / rfi pag has a 20 inch barrel and the barrel quality is also better than the present pvt players ..