Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Hazmat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Hazmat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi All,
Does anyone know how much the SX-100 semi auto is being sold for?
Here in Karnataka, I was quoted 167000. But that armory is known for pricing most guns much higher than anywhere else.
It would be a great help if someone knows more about the prices elsewhere.
Thanks!

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am

Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Hazmat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Hazmat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am

I wasn't aware of the quality issues. Thanks a lot for the valueable information Mr Vineet.
I am also considering to wait for the semi auto from New Light Art Works (if and when it's available here)

KDS991213
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by KDS991213 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am
Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Can you define "afterwards"? Like the timeframe or rounds fired or condition?

dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 11:04 am
Contact:

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by dsen » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:56 pm

Hazmat wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am
I wasn't aware of the quality issues. Thanks a lot for the valueable information Mr Vineet.
I am also considering to wait for the semi auto from New Light Art Works (if and when it's available here)
Here is what the New Light Art Works semi-auto shotgun looks like:



Here's a Bhargav SX-100 shooting video with close up pics:


User avatar
Woods
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Woods » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am
Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Vineet ji , given current market scenario , what 12 gauge shotgun would you suggest for a common man going to buy it for needs arising out of living in a desolated farm house , with a jungle nearby ??
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Hazmat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Hazmat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Woods wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 pm
Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am
Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Vineet ji , given current market scenario , what 12 gauge shotgun would you suggest for a common man going to buy it for needs arising out of living in a desolated farm house , with a jungle nearby ??
This actually is the reason that I too am looking into a semi auto shotgun. I also live near a reserve forest and my closest neighbour is more than half a kilometre away.
It would be very helpful to get some suggestions.

And also considering the price, are pump action shotguns better than the semi autos for long term usage and everything considered? Any input would be great!

User avatar
Woods
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Woods » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:00 pm

What little I could deduce on myself is - double barrel 12 gauge guns have almost a failproof design to begin with. Then also factor in , lack of gunsmithing skills , poor quality cartridges, "finding customers cornered " attitude of gun makers and almost total absence of quality after sales support . Given all that , would not it be very good to choose a double barrel shotgun ? These guns have endured everything in my village for decades and still shoot fine . Hunting is illegal in India. Posts containing descriptions of illegal activity will be edited. - moderator
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Hazmat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Hazmat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:44 am

Woods wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:00 pm
What little I could deduce on myself is - double barrel 12 gauge guns have almost a failproof design to begin with. Then also factor in , lack of gunsmithing skills , poor quality cartridges, "finding customers cornered " attitude of gun makers and almost total absence of quality after sales support . Given all that , would not it be very good to choose a double barrel shotgun ? These guns have endured everything in my village for decades and still shoot fine .
I agree with you about the double barrel shotgun. I already have one ( although it's pretty old and not that great).
That's why I'm thinking about getting myself an upgrade, something different.
I was at first considering the iof 30-06 but with the recent price hikes, I'm not sure about it.
So I've started looking at semi auto and pump action shotguns. Lots of options across various prices and this has left me totally confused!

User avatar
Woods
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Woods » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 am

@Hazmat. Whatever claims a manufacturer of a semi auto or pump action gun would be making , quality of ammunition especially the case is going to affect the operation of that gun . Considering the aesthetics and manufacturing quality of our desi items , I don't think those weapons have tolerances enough to munch our desi ammo without any complaints
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:29 am

KDS991213 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:35 pm
Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am
Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Can you define "afterwards"? Like the timeframe or rounds fired or condition?
After around 200 rounds.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 am

Hazmat wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 pm
Woods wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 pm
Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am
Bhargav arms is not very good quality. The gun will work ok when new but afterwards it will start giving problems.

The price you have mentioned is right price. It selling for the same price here in North India.
Vineet ji , given current market scenario , what 12 gauge shotgun would you suggest for a common man going to buy it for needs arising out of living in a desolated farm house , with a jungle nearby ??
This actually is the reason that I too am looking into a semi auto shotgun. I also live near a reserve forest and my closest neighbour is more than half a kilometre away.
It would be very helpful to get some suggestions.

And also considering the price, are pump action shotguns better than the semi autos for long term usage and everything considered? Any input would be great!
For a semi auto gun to work flawlessly, the gun and the ammo should be of very high quality. We know that Indian made guns and ammo doesn’t have that standard so I would not recommend semi gun.

Go for IOF pump action. With 20” inches barrel it’s quite compact and have 5+1 rounds capacity. Overall quality is good although it lacks behind in finish which you can get done afterwards from gunsmith. Security forces have been using IOF pump action in Kashmir from many years.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:30 am
Location: INDIA

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by james » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Browning auto 5 semi shotgun is in the family. Never seen failing will any ammo. Work flawlessly.
James.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by partheus » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:55 pm

I can understand if previous products from Bhargav Arms haven't been of good quality, which would justify waiting a bit. But to the best of my knowledge, their semi-auto and pump-action guns came out last year. Are there any real cases of their latest products failing after a certain time?

User avatar
snipeshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 am

Re: Bhargav Arms SX-100 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun

Post by snipeshot » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 pm

The thought is very correct about after sales service, as they leave everythng upon dealer and dealer will not cooperate at the end. So, instead of Bhargav, go for IOF Pump Action and have some reliablity. But, note that IOF pump action does not have a choked barrel, its a cylinder barrel.

Post Reply