James Purdey 12 ga

Posts related to shotguns.
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

James Purdey 12 ga

Post by danish21 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Can any one tell me that does purdey makes an over under ? If yes then please provide me its photo.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: James Purdey 12 ga

Post by Sujay » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:23 pm

Here is the photo
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: James Purdey 12 ga

Post by Grumpy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:17 am

As Mehul has indicated elswhere Purdey have announced that they are to produce a much less expensive O/U - a collaboration between them and the Italian gunmakers Perugini & Visini. The action will, apparently, be built be in-house by Purdey with the guns being barrelled and stocked by P&G.
The gun will be known as the `Purdey Sporter` and will be priced between £23,000 and £26,000.
Cheap for a Purdey being well under half the cost of their `normal` O/U but damn expensive for a Perugini & Visini. Depends on how you look at it I suppose.
The traditionalists will argue that the `Sporter` isn`t a real Purdey and I, for one, agree with them.
When Boss introduced a much less expensive side by side gun they named it the `Robertson Gun` to distinguish it from the Boss guns proper and had it made by Birmingham by British gunmakers. Thus they have preserved the exclusiveness and integrity of the Boss name and their guns whilst offering a less expensive gun with its` own traditional appeal - the Robertson is selling rather well.
By resorting to the use of an Italian gunmaker for their less expensive gun Purdey will diminish their name and brand appeal. I believe Purdey have made a major mistake.
I believe Mehul has a similar opinion to myself on this matter but will, no-doubt, express it far more eloquently than I can.
Anyone desiring a less expensive British O/U should buy the Churchill - which, remarkably, costs less than the so-called `Purdey` Sporter.