Non-ejector to ejector

Posts related to shotguns.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Non-ejector to ejector

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 am

Hi Ppl,

Can a non-ejector shotgun be converted into ejector? If yes then how tough is it? what do you think is it possible that some gunsmith in INDIA can do it with some guidance?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Non-ejector to ejector

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:18 am

Inder,

I'm not sure it is possible at all, though I may be wrong. Extractor guns are very easy to reload - just raise the barrels after opening the gun and the empty cases will fall out. No big deal at all.

There were several controversies in the old days and many experts believed that extractor guns balanced much better than ejector ones did. Frankly, I have shot both and am not sure there's any real difference but then there is no way that I would call myself an expert in any sense.

Grumpy should be the perfect person to reply to this question as he IS an expert.

Cheers!

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Non-ejector to ejector

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:28 am

Been there, done that. It CAN be done but would cost a fortune - probably far more than the gun is worth. Incredibly fiddly and the timing has to be spot on. Unless you have a very deep wallet, the gun is worth a lot of money and you can guarantee that the gunsmith knows what he`s doing I`d forget about it.
What is the gun as a matter of interest ?
I agree Mehul. I`ve never found any difference in the handling of a non-ejector compared to a similar ejector - the extra weight amounts to a couple of ounces or so and is between the hands.