Buying Modern O/U,Any Suggestions Please

Posts related to shotguns.
james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Buying Modern O/U,Any Suggestions Please

Post by james02 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Yeah true Vineeth....same here....around 40000/- down south in Hyderabad.May be we should bargain on this.
Once again anyone in the forum has this Modern O/U used it for some clay shooting please comment on this gun's performance.

thanks
James

For Advertising mail webmaster
amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8463

Do check this post,,,,thought it pertains to .315 modification but discussion about under/overs is there

regards
amjad

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:26 pm

thanks amjad,ive seen the post.Iam still waiting for some guys who used Modern O/U and would like know whats good and bad about this gun.

Thanks
james

gorakhurmi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gorakhurmi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 pm

i am there
i buy it in 2005 at that time i dont know nothing about guns,
i got my license and go to few shops when i buy it,
it was misfiring i return to shopkeeper it was not entered on my license .
i & my friend like the looks so much that we start finding same gun of correct piece.
at that time it was miracle that what ever gun i touch it misfires we experience 3 more pieces from different dealers all misfired.
at the end morel of story all Lott was faulty of modern o/n in my town.all shopkeepers repair brand new guns.
all were low from chamber repaired done.he ask me now if it misfires he is going to pay for it.i fired 25 fires no miss fire.
in those days i got lot of experience a man like me who have never fired any weapon fired 110 fires in 5 days.
it was a big thing at that time.at last i got it after many controversies.it cost me 21500.it is available in market now in 25000.
after that fired near about 500 fires from it not even a single problem.it is heavy than other basic guns in market.
one barell choke.the balance is good.i think there should be no problems in newone.
tip on checking chamber disassemble the gun put cartages in barell and check it.
recently i have done modification in it barell 22" & hockey butt i have basic butt i can change it when ever i like it cost me 4500 for modification.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am

Hi gorakhurmi

Thanks for the info...just to reclarify...u mean Modern O/U can be Repaired and its fires well after that.thanks a lot

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 am

Whats wrong with prices in Jammu(I think its something wrong with the buyers who agree to pay that price).....Modern O/U in Delhi is just about 25 or 26K. Guys there is something called a market survey.........try checking the prices else where also!

amjadkarim16
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amjadkarim16 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm

james02 wrote:thanks amjad,ive seen the post.Iam still waiting for some guys who used Modern O/U and would like know whats good and bad about this gun.

Thanks
james
hello james,

I have already posted.Check them.link below:
regards
amjad

-- Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:11 pm --
james02 wrote:thanks amjad,ive seen the post.Iam still waiting for some guys who used Modern O/U and would like know whats good and bad about this gun.

Thanks
james
hello james,

I have already posted.Check them.link below:
regards
amjad

gorakhurmi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gorakhurmi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 pm

i called to jammu for inquire of o/u i got number from member here
i think prices are to much. my cousin have got there license recently
thinking of buying modern o/u if my dealer cant get me khairudin in right price
i think because of to much high prices it is not available in any shop
but my dealer is having 22"sxs in hockey & basic butt of kairudin & sons the finish was good he asked only for 15500/-
how come two products of same company have to much price diffrence i am going for modern
cant get time to go to market in day time to ask my dealer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:46 am

Hey guys iam asking for its performance now...nothing else.Please just let me know modern O/U performace and its Pattern of Spray.

High time ...thanks guys

cheer
James

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 pm

James ,

the gun is available in Delhi/ ghaziabad for 25-26 grands .

Goodboy is right - quality and recoil are 2 different things . My experience in shotgunning is very limited . I shot an Astra , a baikal and a Modern - same cartridge load . i thought Modern's recoil was higher . Did not check the pattern.

The finish varies widely . i have seen good pieces in Jammu - finish wise , and some pretty lousy ones( finish wise ) in Ghaziabad . The recoil bit can be taken care of by a limbsaver - you could buy them online .
You may like to check out Khurmi too - i have seen a few decent ones . They too sell for 25 k here .

regards
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm

vicson shotgun made in mandi himachal pardesh by veer singh & company is the best shotgun from every angle ,I mean material used , fit finish and extreamly light weight as italian one, they do make over/ under.

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi Guys,
Anyone out there who is using a shotgunO/U from vicson made in mandi himachal pardesh by veer singh & company .I belive we really need a have a decent pictures of all shotguns made in India and their prices listed as well.

Thanks
James

panther
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by panther » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 am

It's an okay gun, but the price is way too much. I bought one in 1988 for 7,500 in Delhi. Initially it had some extraction problems, the dealer sent it back to the factory (jammu) and it was rectified, afterwards it worked well with no problems of any sort till I sold it some 10 years later and sending some couple of thousand rounds through it. I don't know since how much changes has been brought in this gun but the one I had was fine to handle & shoot. If my memory is correct the under (right) barrel was full choke & the over (left) was improved cylinder. If there were any missfires they were generally because of kf ammo & not due to any snag in the gun. I remember my dad's IOF SXS use to miss quite a time & I use to fire those missfired shells in my modern O/U. About recoil, can't comment much because I had an aftermarket recoil pad intalled on it & being of a stocky built don't feel much recoil even when shooting a 10 bore shotgun or a 3.5" magnum shells for geese hunting. I did shot some old stock ELEY slugs (balls as they were known then) through the I/M barrel with no problem. Overall reasonably a good gun by indian firearms standard but price is stunning, a jump of almost 425% in just 22 years.
Cheerio

james02
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by james02 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Panther

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi guys,

I saw a Modern O/U at a dealer in ahmedabad today. Was quite impressed with the quality, ie. for our indian standards. However, on taking apart the barrels from the receiver to look for proof marks, I failed to see any government marks. No Ashok Stambh. It just said '12', and some notch marks. Does anyone have any info on the proof marking on these barrels? Also found the barrels to be too short. Dealer says 22". Didn't have a tape to measure them. Wouldn't they effect the recoil? Ideally a 28" or a 26" barrel would be ideal. Also, it had a single piece ejector. Does Modern manufacture them with selective ejectors?

BTW, the dealer priced it at 40K+15% VAT. I think thats a fairly hight quote!

Katana
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.