All about the SIG Sauer P6/P225 (Pic. Heavy)

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: All about the SIG Sauer P6/P225 (Pic. Heavy)

Post by TC » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Excellent report and pics XL.... you have just rekindled my never- to -be- fulfilled- lust for the Sig :cry: :cry:

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 am

Anand,
Thanks for the kind words. I will post other reviews but the detailed ones take a lot of time. Getting the photos ready and edited and researching the history can be time consuming.

Moin, You're the knife guy. I look forward to seeing reviews on knives from you. I really don't have many knives and i'm not that big into them.

TC buddy,
Never say never. You never know what might come your way in the future.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Dear xl_target,

I guess the P225 is comfortable to carry in summer due to it's slimmer profile, thanks to it's single stack mags.
A lot of people use Breakfree to lubricate the rails but I guess grease lasts longer.

The stance is okay, it may look weird to right eye dominants but that's the most comfortable stance for cross dominant person. I'm cross dominant too (Right hand, left eye) while shooting air pistols and airsoft pistols, I experimented with various stances and finally found that stance, Also tilting the pistol sightly left side helps to get a better sight picture for cross dominants, some people frown upon it mistaking it for the infamous gangsta stance but they are not the same, in the gangsta stance the pistol is completely turned sideways but cross dominant people just tilt the pistol a little bit towards the dominant eye. Also people with mild hypermobility shouldn't extend the arm more than 180° since it increases the distance between the dominant eye and gun. Shooting with both eyes open is an option too but I found it hard to shoot accurately that way, I guess it needs more practice. I only got to shoot 10 rounds in my whole life from a air pistol (It was a desi one, not manufactured by IHP) Surely 10 rds. aren't enough to practice shooting in a new way.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Lovely post, very informative. You made all the techinicallities very easy to understand. I never understood why this craze for SIG, but now i know it. :)

I wish we have provision to dump, such surplus in india, atleast the police forces should buy these surplus, they will save money and be better armed than what they are with Crap IOF 9mm.

.338 lapua
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .338 lapua » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

the information provided for the p6 about the technical aspects ,development of the handgun is explained in great detail,very nice post sir and very informative also.I believe our commandos also use the sig p226.
As for the IOF 9mm some time back an un named police officer from Mumbai had commented after 26/11 that the gov issue 9mm is only good for commiting s***ide :evil:

Regard's
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"
MarkTwain

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:30 pm

TC buddy,
Never say never. You never know what might come your way in the future.
:D

Thanks Buddy...

TC

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Awesome post sir..& also :cpix:

thanx a lot for the details......
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:04 am

Hi xl_target,

I just came across this post of your's - very well researched, informative and :cpix: Thank you!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:20 am

Surprised that you haven't seen this before.
Maybe it will help you make some decisions about your upcoming arsenal. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm

xl_target wrote:Surprised that you haven't seen this before.
Maybe it will help you make some decisions about your upcoming arsenal. :)
XL you stole words from my mouth :D

Kalyan Da, please give this beauty a serious consideration .... :D

:cheers:
TC

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Ha xl_target! You see where I go - or rather where I don't go - OR where I go this post - really pushed me to aim for the Sig Sauer 1911 in .22, although I had the GSG 1911 in .22 to compare, physically, truly... a GSG (Pink Version!?) in the left hand and the Sig Sauer in the other....very, very tough decision I had....the only serious difference was the tightness and fit of the slide (lateral movement) very fit in the Sig, a minor mm or so in the GSG (Pink Version). Even the plastic sights were the same! Made in the same factory (so I hear) - I mean DITTO - with some $ Difference!

Both are really quality guns!

OK - now ask me why I did not pick up one or - BOTH of them :lol: ? Shortage of .22LR Ammo in both the US of A and Canada! :(

Whoops, sorry MODS, maybe I have to move this to a more appropriate thread the 1911's...it was Sig friendly, so I ventured - maybe a new topic??

The GSG 1911 .22

The Sig Sauer 1911 .22

And then, wait for this TC I actually Rugered a .22 MKIII Std, played with it till the Mag lock/drop started misbehaving; I gave it up. You know I really love the old Luger style right...I was sorely tempted to pick it up at roughly $450?

However, back to P6/P225...shall say a lot more - when I have more experience of these in particular... :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

vivek16sep1969
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vivek16sep1969 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Dear xl _ target
thanks for sharing

Best
"Fast is fine but accuracy is everything......"
-Wyatt Earp

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:23 am

You're welcome, Vivek.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:29 pm

And then, wait for this TC I actually Rugered a .22 MKIII Std, played with it till the Mag lock/drop started misbehaving; I gave it up. You know I really love the old Luger style right...I was sorely tempted to pick it up at roughly $450?
Kanyan Da,

It is really sad to hear a Ruger misbehaving.
It is a very well-made, reliable, accurate weapon and built like a tank. Try another one someday.

:cheers:

TC

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:32 pm

.the only serious difference was the tightness and fit of the slide (lateral movement) very fit in the Sig, a minor mm or so in the GSG (Pink Version). Even the plastic sights were the same! Made in the same factory (so I hear) - I mean DITTO - with some $ Difference!
Slide fit is not an issue with this pistol, as far as how it affects accuracy.
The GSG/SIG 1911-22 has a fixed barrel. Still, they are nowhere near as robust as the Rugers and Buckmarks out there.
Don't get me wrong, I like the gun but I really really want a S&W Model 41 which is very expensive.