IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
ashwani_jan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by ashwani_jan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm

150/- in u.p.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ruger_rugged
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ruger_rugged » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm

rajbir wrote:
Lawman wrote:Hi Rajbir, nice grips :) . From where did you purchase the grips ?

Lawman
thanks , purchased from Chandigarh gun dealer @Rs.1200/-
Rajbir,
Could you disclose the name of dealer from whom you bought the grips? Phone number will be helpful.

:cheers:

rajbir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajbir » Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 am

Craze for foreign arms behind Mansa racket
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, May 2
Punjab is becoming a retail outlet for several small arms factories in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. These factories fulfill the Punjabi yearning for arms with ‘made to order’ Webley Scott, Smith and Wesson or Colt revolvers and pistols.

The Mansa police has busted an inter-state gang and recovered 270 revolvers and pistols, all of them illegal but with inscribed names and numbers of foreign manufacturers.

It has arrested 15 persons, including seven police personnel, for allegedly supplying cartridges from police armouries to gang members who would sell these to Maoists in other states. As many as 6,000 cartridges stolen from police armouries and shown as expended during training exercises have also been recovered. The gang sold hundreds of small arms weapons to unsuspecting Punjabis at rates varying from Rs 80,000 to Rs 2 lakh. The weapons cost the gang members around Rs 35,000 each.

Punjab police chief PS Gill said the state would get in touch with the Union Home Ministry to ascertain if the gang had operatives in other states as well. This needed to be investigated by a central agency. The state on its part would check the records of arms dealers to determine the extent of the racket.

The racket was unearthed by Mansa SSP HS Mann, who was the hero at the police headquarters here with ADGP (Intelligence) Suresh Arora offering him his chair at a meeting addressed by the DGP. The DGP said Mann started investigating complaints that illegal weapons were freely available in Mansa and eventually zeroed in on gunhouse owners sponsoring the racket in league with those running illegal factories in UP.

The police have arrested gunhouse owners Mahesh Kumar (Indian Gunhouse, Mansa), Anil Midha (Hindustan Gunhouse, Sirsa) and Nand Kishore (Tammana Armoury, Moga) besides Arvinder Singh Pappu of Ludhiana.

After buying fake weapons these gunhouse owners would get the documents and bills forged from Chiranji Lal and Sons (Thanesar) and Harkamaljit Singh (Avtar Gunhouse, Amritsar).

The Mansa police has also unearthed an illegal gun factory in Firozabad, which was supplying small arms to Anil Midha, the kingpin of the gang. Midha possessed six specially designed vehicles, which were used to supply cartridges outside the state and bring back weapons.

Midha brought cartridges from a number of gunhouse owners at Jalalabad, Moga and Abohar. The cartridges were purchased for Rs 8 each from police personnel in charge of armouries and sold for Rs 30 each outside the state.

The police has also arrested a woman for preparing fake bills for the arms.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Booking opens from OCF Chandigarh from 1st July 2011 .

http://ofb.gov.in/index.php?wh=Sporting%20Arms&lang=en

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I have recently got delivery of .32 bore revolver from cable ordance factory from Chandigarh .It has nice finishing and a good grip .it is heavier than last year model but it has solid metal and larger in lenth but waiting for its rounds to test fire it . But it took more than nine months to get the delivery but field gun factory has made some changes in new model.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 am

dsingh wrote:field gun factory has made some changes in new model.
What are the changes ? Can you post some pictures ?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

sonny
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sonny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Me too... waiting to know what changes & pictures

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:31 am

yeah man please post some photos

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Dear IFGians,
Need your help with a query which i have. I had sent draft to Field Gun Factory Kanpur on 12th of August, received a letter from them on 22nd August stating that collection date of the revolver is 12th of Oct and the letter also stated to check on internet to know the exact date. Nothing on internet till today and it looks like that i will not be able to visit Kanpur on 12th Oct owing to some other work. My understanding was that if you cannot collect it on the due date then you may go in on any other day post the due date to collect you arm. Today i called up FGF to confirm the same and the lady who answered my call said that rules have changed, now if you do not collect your weapon on due date then a new date will be allocated to you which will be atleast a month away.
On asking if FGF will send some notification she just said that give us a call once the due date goes by and we will give you a new date and even before i could ask anything else the phone was banged down.
Do any of you know if any rule has been changed? i tried searching IOF website but no information on the same is available. I tried FGF again but no one answered the phone. I suspect that who ever answered my call just gave me some vague answer but need to confirm the same.
thanks in advance.
Regards,

hiten
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hiten » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Congulations Olly for Purchase of SAF .32 bore Revolver

Cheers

Hiten

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

ashwani_jan wrote:150/- in u.p.
Price of .32 revolver has came down now 75 RS

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:17 am

sonuvecv wrote:Price of .32 revolver has came down now 75 RS
You surely mean Rs.75 per cartridge (KF ammo) for .32 S&W long caliber revolver ? In Madhya Pradesh ?

best,
Rp.

ro2428
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ro2428 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 am

Hi, does anyone have an idea as to the normal waiting period before delivery of the weapon from MPF, Ambarnath for a .32 revolver? Also is the date given online on the ordinance website accurate? I have sent the DD in the first week of August.

viyen azavedo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by viyen azavedo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 am

WAITING TIME 4 MONTHS. WEBSITE NOT ACCURATE.I BOOKED JULY 2011. DELIVERY SHOWING ON WEBSITE 16 AUG, NO CALL LETTER YET, ON INQUIRY I AM PROMISED 3RD WEEK IN OCTOBER.REG. NO. 10089. GET READY IN THE LAST WEEK OF NOV. HOPEFULLY.

sudhakars
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudhakars » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Anupam,

i read your comments, really helpful.
Hight appreciated and your gun looks amazing....

regards
Sudhakar