A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Glock 22 confirmed for India!

Post by 4X4 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:49 am

Finally!!!!!

New Doors opens up but with the fact that Licensed Gun Lovers can now own only 2 Firearms. So some may have to part with their old guns to which they may have spent a fortune on Mods, just to procure these new top of line guns. But yeah.....this parting will be worth it.

Imagine.....the market may be loaded with 2nd hand IOF guns in plenty and that too at a cheaper cost. I'm sure all fellow Gun Lovers would definitely want these top of line Firearms in their holsters than the IOF they have currently.

Anyone agrees ? Let's debate ......

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:53 am

Yes delay is fine . But 2 years more is of no use .

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm

This question has been asked before, does CMT have a license to manufacture? Will they import kits or these will be "made" in India, with a local plant in India.
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 am

dsen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm
*NOTE*: Only in the State of Maharashtra is .40 and .45 ACP considered Prohibited Bore and banned for civilians.
This is FALSE - Arms Act 1959 is a central act and the list of restricted calibres as listed under Schedule I of Arms Rules 2016 are equally applicable across all states of India. Therefore, .40 S&W & .45 ACP are under the permissible category of calibres across all of India.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:11 am

This video cites no sources for it's claims of date of launch etc. - I would take this with a pinch of salt, till more substantiated information is available in the public domain.

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vikashyadav806
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Glock 42 (.380) pistol confirmed for civilian sale!

Post by vikashyadav806 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Vineet wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:52 pm
dsen wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 pm
Glock 42 chambered in .380 ACP (6+1 capacity) has been confirmed for launch next year in India. Much needed penetration upgrade from .32 without the excessive recoil of .40 and .45. The perfect option for conceal carry with 0.83 inch width. :)
The lady saying that the Glock will be available in India soon, is an old video. Other that that Glock features have been explained in the video.

This is not concrete evidence that Glock will be launched in India. Concrete evidence would be if CMT or Glock can show that they have Arms manufacturing license on Form VII as per Arms Rules 2016.
Yes I was also not sure about it, but them I took the mail from glock official website and mailed them asking about this venture.
Guess what?
I got the reply from them stating it's true.!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Glock 42 (.380) pistol confirmed for civilian sale!

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Did they confirm that they have already received the license and requisite permissions to start manufacture here?

www.gunowners.in

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Glock pistol confirmed for civilian sale!

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:23 am

Hi everyone. Just spoked to them today again on wats app and asked them the status . They said some announcements will be made in next month possibly.

So let’s see what they have to say .

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 am

What was their response in mail ?

dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

.357 Sig Glock NP Bore coming to India!

Post by dsen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm

The Glock 31 Gen 4 chambered in .357 Sig will be made by Chennai based CMT under license from Glock. It will hopefully be launched in the next 3-4 years and priced around 2.5 lakh rupees.

dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dsen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm

mundaire wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 am
dsen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm
*NOTE*: Only in the State of Maharashtra is .40 and .45 ACP considered Prohibited Bore and banned for civilians.
This is FALSE - Arms Act 1959 is a central act and the list of restricted calibres as listed under Schedule I of Arms Rules 2016 are equally applicable across all states of India. Therefore, .40 S&W & .45 ACP are under the permissible category of calibres across all of India.
Yes that is what I believed to be true. But I have heard from a friend who has houses in Mumbai and Pune who said that he asked their local police chief who said that since Mumbai's Force One Commandos use .40/.45 weapons it is considered PB. Just sharing what I heard...

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:44 pm

That information is incorrect. A lot of civilians in Mumbai and Pune and across Maharashtra for that matter are legal owners of the said caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: .357 Sig Glock NP Bore coming to India!

Post by partheus » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:05 pm

You might also consider adding that both the Glock 31 and 22 can fire the 357 Sig or 40S&W with a simple barrel swap since the 357 Sig is based on 40 S&W. This point might be important for Indian owners with their restricted gun quotas.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:05 pm
You might also consider adding that both the Glock 31 and 22 can fire the 357 Sig or 40S&W with a simple barrel swap since the 357 Sig is based on 40 S&W. This point might be important for Indian owners with their restricted gun quotas.
Very good suggestion. When bought together, it is possible to enter as, for example, one.357 Sig pistol with a .40 S&W spare barrel.

I further believe that they should design a safety for their pistols sold in India. With Glocks there is no safety other than trigger discipline, which is not very prevalent in India. Once chambered, it is a snake ready to strike.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Vikram wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 pm
I further believe that they should design a safety for their pistols sold in India. With Glocks there is no safety other than trigger discipline, which is not very prevalent in India. Once chambered, it is a snake ready to strike.
+1

They absolutely need to add safety if they don't want a boatload of law-suits heading their way :roll:

Glock actually does offer models with manual safeties though. Glock 19s and 17s issued to Thailand police for instance have thumb safeties right out of the factory. Likewise, those issued to Taiwanese police have a crossbolt styled manual safety.

You'd think if police and military peeps need safeties, then it would be a must for civilians. But Gaston Glock thinks otherwise :lol: